1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

The show for tonight on americanbullyworld

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Marty, Aug 25, 2009.

1. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

couple things-
    as far as Mastiff blood goes, im sure its in there. i can see the traits all over the place. the thing is- these arent Bandogs, you are only dipping a toe into the Mastiff pool w/ the bullies ( i.e. breeding it back out, getting the percentages down) where w/ a good Bandog program your percentages might be as high as 50% running on. this is how you ~tailor make~ your sizes.

and yes, in the shelters the non bully type of dogs DO outnumber the "bully" type dogs- but that is shifting, and quickly. i was at a shelter in rural TN 2 weeks ago and there were not 1, not 2, but 3 Bullies in there.
    you get up north- it is becoming commonplace to see them- esp at NYACC.
    the shift is about to happen, mark my words. a few years ago there were hardly any "blue" dogs in shelters, now its a completely different storythey are everywhere! you will start to see more and more of the "Bully" dogs showing up in shelters in the coming 18-36 months due the fact they are being bred w/ reckless abandon. "im not a BYB - i got a myspace for my kennelz".
    i hate to cast stones but most of the breedings im seeing w/ these bully dogs are young, inexperienced, white males trying to be "hood". ( can i get a "get your money right" ?) breeding anything to anything and selling them to anyone. ( i saw bully puppies for sale for $150 at a show not long ago)

2. LilBoogieMan

LilBoogieMan Big Dog

Fair enough. So then I can say that in MY area, or the cities close to me, I have yet to see some 16 inch high, 24 inch head, fat bully being hauled away for biting someone.

It's usually something that looks more gamebred, or something that is MIXED but gets called a pitbull because it's got short hair or something. THIS is what I agree bites the MOST..MUTTS that get called pits.

But, honestly..for ME..I have NEVER seen anything that looks like those bully monsters splashed all over the paper or on the news for a bite. Not saying they DON'T, but "I" just haven't see it. I mean seriously, do folks actually see these short, stocky, fat headed things that can hardly move running wild all over the place?? I think some folks ( not all ), tend to put a lot of blame on bullies just because they don't like them or what the breeders of bullies stand for. Which is fine. But to say bullies are the ones running around creating havoc, I think is a bit much. Now, this is just MY opinion.

All the dogs I see being walked around where I live that are pit bulls or are probably mixed with pitbulls do NOT look bully at all. I have to say most "pitbulls" that I PERSONALLY have seen that were supposedly involved in bites or just out chasing people, did NOT look bully.

I have to agree with someone who says it's not a bully issue, but more of an ignorant, irresponsible owner issue. And owners like that are found within bully owners, gamedog owners, showdog owners, or backyard breeders, etc. I just don't think gamedog owners can point their fingers at bullies and say "it's all your fault". And I don't think bully owners can point their fingers at the gamedog people and say "no, it's all YOUR fault". It's not that simple.

3. CLKENNELS

CLKENNELS Top Dog

This has been a good thread/debate and just like such we aren't gonna all agree on everything.
    My main point on not joining up with bully folk is because I feel they have done more damage than good..
    And SH is right about some voicing opinions but not joining the fight.. Because no matter how many states ban bulldogs,people will still own them..

4. calikeith

calikeith Big Dog

did anyone elaborate as too why "maydays" breeder got out of bulldogs and switched too bully's,that interests me greatly and i missed the interview.

5. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

Cause now he has dogs that he can sell for 30k a piece and dont have to worry about backlash

6. CLKENNELS

CLKENNELS Top Dog

We all know its only one reason...
    I think if most of the bully breeders bred for an actual working purpose and culled properly their would be less of a problerm between the two sides..
    Then again,if that was the case they wouldn't be able to sell every pup in every litter..
    Does anyone know of any hunting bully kennels/breeders out there

7. calikeith

calikeith Big Dog

so it was the $,go figure.
    I dont think working dogs are the bully breeders goal,ever,it's all about the look and image of the breed,kinda like a low rider car isnt built for speed or power,its built to look cool,the dogs are the equivlent of a low rider car,born and made in southern california and everything,bully shows are very similar to car shows as well,at least the one i went to was.

8. calikeith

calikeith Big Dog

did anyone actually here his reason as to why?
    I know Marty listens to the show and the guy was interviewed,im curious as to what was said,if anything.
    I mean i know he didnt say he was selling bully's for 30,000$ did he?
    so much for integrity.

9. He did not switch because of money. I know what he does for a living and he makes good money WORKING. He basically said that the American Bully was more condusive to his current lifestyle and living situation. He enjoys the shows and the atmosphere.

As far as culling I have encouraged culling in any Am Bully that displays man aggression. The AM Bully was not created as a working breed or even as a Terrier in my opinion. I have not seen kennels advertising them as working dogs. They are pets and created as such, to say they need to cull on the basis of working ability is as laughable as saying the same should be said of English bulldogs, Frenchies, Bostons or Dalmations for that matter.

The fact that the man switched does not equate to he thinks one is better than the other. He just got involved in another breed. I believe he said they were a different breed. He would definitely know.

10. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

Your kidding right? Ok, lets be rational about this. He was breeding Mayday dogs, right. Now how much do Mayday Dogs cost? hmmmmm, I know how much they cost I am also aware of the issues that come along with breeding any game bred dog. ie PP, EF, FB, heck I just moved from Houston they were busting people left and right.. Now if I could own a Bully dog and get these crazy Stud fees [​IMG] 20k for this one
    Integrity goes out of the window. Lets see If I bred King Lion 10 times this year that is 200k. I wouldnt care what kind of job the man has 200k is 200k. Heck it was alledged that MV was making 50k bets. This guy had a 130 million dollar contract. Money is money. Again I wont speak for him but in my eyes that is the way I see it....

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2009
  11. BustaH

BustaH Top Dog

I cant help wondering what this guy and men like Him would have thought about the ambully?

[​IMG] :mad:

12. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

I'm sorry but is that 20K for the stud fee for that hippo? I can't see anyone paying that for a stud fee for any dog. I wouldn't pay that to breed to Mayday, Jeep or any other top notch bulldog ever thats a straight up a$$ raping right there. Shit I wouldn't pay that to breed myself to Jessica Alba.:rolleyes:

13. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

he would have said something along the lines of "o'aye, a fool and his money are soon parted sonny"

14. What other people spend on their dogs, is just that what other people spend. You would spend 20k on a Dodge I wouldn't drop 20 bucks lol. Chevy man all day!!

Ethics and integrity can be tied to money, but not in every situation. I never speak in absolutes. I am speaking on the guest and I know personally he does not live off his dogs. I have purchased dogs and I have been given dogs, value is what I deem I would pay for it. Sheesh I bought a dog for 300 and my grandmother thought it was crazy, dogs should be free.

As far as the picture, I wonder what he would think about Hemi and him sharing the same water fountain. Times are the times lol.

I will agree a lot of people get into AmBullies because they see the cash, but just like any breed they drop out when they see the money isn't there for the majority of dog breeders.

I wouldn't spend 5000 on a lab, but that's how much my neighbor sold hers for. She assessed a value to the animal, and found a buyer. Her day job is she works as an Engineer and makes 6 figures. She could care less if she sold the dog or kept it, but if you wanted it that was her price.

I don't judge her moral character, but what she charges or spends on her dogs does not contribute to my view on her ethics and integrity. If she came them in filth and overall in a uncared for state, that would be different. She doesn't so get what you get lady, I'm not buying, but that means nothing to her I'm sure.

I share her opinion on that, when it comes to breeders of any dog. What another man eats, doesn't make me s*#t. So I keep it moving lol.

15. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

LOL... I dont think he would have that...lol

16. Dog

Dog Pup

If people would worry more about what happens in there yard instead of what others do everyone would be much better off. That goes for everyone not just dog folks. Lead by example, quit showing all these extremists folks that it is ok to worry about what others are doing in there own yard.

17. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

For $20,000 stud fee,he would've loved the am bully,LOL He'd put spinning rims and hydraulics on his wagon.Just joking on that:D, but that's a ridiculous stud fee for any dog for real.