1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

The male holds the dominate gene?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by slim22, Nov 15, 2004.

1. slim22

slim22 Pup

I know that the male holds the dominate gene when mating with a female. But a dog I bought is starting to try to look like its mom. The dad is a seven pedigree generation blue and the male is a blue brindle, but my pup is starting to look fawn. Whats the chance that she will stay blue like her dad? ( I know a lot of people hate blues, but it was a present to my girlfriend because she liked the color). I feel that I got scammed when the owner told me that she was blue and all blue in her generations. I guess I'll just get f*cked with the color and my girl getting mad at me. Maybe someone can tell me if there is a chance she will keep her daddy's blue. Enlighten me please on the gene pool.

2. slim22

slim22 Pup

the female mom is a blue brindle...oops

3. circlekpits

circlekpits Guest

It sounds like you are going to end up with a blue fawn pup instead of a true blue. Here is a question for you, does the pup still have blue coloring around its muzzle?

I have a blue male that was in a litter that had 2 blues and 2 white with blue fawn spots. The blue hasn't even tried to turn fawn, but the 2 with the spots were blue with a hint of fawn and turned. I have attached a picture of the blue pup.

4. Jenn

Jenn Top Dog

What a cute little sucker, too!

5. slim22

slim22 Pup

Yeah she's 14 weeks old and has blue still on her muzzle. I would put a pic, but its to damn hard for me since the pics are too big. Her main coloring is blue, but her tips look fawn. The litter was mainly blues with one white with blue spots. How old is the puppy in the picture its beautiful. Do you think she were turn completely fawn.

6. circlekpits

circlekpits Guest

She might turn out completely fawn but normally by 14 weeks they are normally the color they are going to be. As far as the puppy in the picture he is 8 1/2 weeks old right now and was about 7 weeks in the picture. Thanks for the complement. When he gets old enough and has proven himself to me, he will be bred to Isabelle she is the one I am using for avatar right now.

7. who

who Top Dog

just like in humans .......mating PARTNERS give the same number of genes.....it's not the male with the dominate genes...it's either,,or........blue is recessive as is alot of other things..... but if your breeding for ONLY color you better just keep that color when breeding ....if you try to breed the gene back into it you have messed up the consistency of the color gene to throw pups with the same color.....as with GAMEdog breeders........