1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

The greatest pit dog ever?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by caponedog, Jan 5, 2010.

Tags:
  1. BEHAVIN

BEHAVIN Top Dog

well sunbeam, im going pretty much with your list there mate. and id have to say Tornado and Queen of Hearts are appropriatly placed in that list;)
    there's just too many to compare, they all had there high's and low's i guess and everyones opinion is going to be different for given reason's.
    on the subject of Pincher's wins, yes it was because he was used to try out others.
    as for someone mentioning Centerpede, well...there needs to be some research done there lol...

2. grave digger

grave digger Top Dog

Yep................

3. damon

damon Banned

i think a few of pinchers wins were against other breeds aswell

4. KINGKRACKER1

KINGKRACKER1 Big Dog

gr.ch.baracuda9xw..jmo
    gr.ch.buck7xw
    gr.ch.machobuck
    ch chinamin
    just to name a few

5. NMWAPBT

NMWAPBT Top Dog

maybe we should be looking at this by what time and at wat weight like split it into pieces b/c every one has there own opinions on who teh best of all time was personally i like chinaman that dog was a monster and quickly finished great dogs

6. Bullnuts

Bullnuts Banned

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2010
  7. Bullnuts

Bullnuts Banned

nothin has ever scratched back! schooling included!

8. NewSchoolDogMan

NewSchoolDogMan Top Dog

How about some of the past greats like Gr. Ch. Lormond's Blackie, aka Gr. Ch. Hanson's Redman? My top 5:
    1) Lormond's Blackie
    2) Mayfield's Pit General
    3) Stepp's Gr. Ch. Angus
    4) Tudor's Black Jack Jr.
    5) Adam's Gr. Ch. Zebo rom

9. PERRO

PERRO Big Dog

Wouldn't "The greatest pit dog ever" have to be a dog of this time? Since most would agree that today's dogs are a much better caliber than the dogs of the the past.

10. labulldoger

labulldoger Top Dog

LG S gr CH tina

179pitman likes this.
  11. damon

damon Banned

Why does everyone rate pit general so highly? He didn't do anything outstanding, there's plenty of dogs that have acheived more against better comp

12. labulldoger

labulldoger Top Dog

what about banjo,bb red,LG s tina,

13. jeepfreek

jeepfreek Big Dog

take note i would say a scatered bred dog ...but the facts are shown , id rather have a dog bred like that ...i say that because i know & seen some super tight jeep tab bred out the ass & im telin you not inpressive !! ill even say this... what ever these great dogs once had ...this poor breeding has ruined these dogs ..i say this cause ive seen it first hand , ill say u better look long and hard at these dogs breed that tight & think their all that ...because their not ! ( im not saying ALL im saying the stuff ive seen in person )

14. ohav4

ohav4 Big Dog

huh???????????

15. Nawz

Nawz Pup

I will have to agree with you from first hand experience a scatterbred bitch from a good game backround of dogs should produce good dogs when bred with something tight or linebred off the same stuff ... shit you might mess around and get another honeybunch who knows but i no for one thing tight aint always good alot of garbage is produced that way and it seems to be the thing these days and thats how certain traits get lost look at them hienz dogs:mad::mad:

16. caponedog

caponedog Pup

He was stolen after his second match but those that saw him roll and or match say he was the truth. A dog that would eat another dog. Damn that is crazy.

17. c-murda

c-murda Big Dog

None who saw Pit General even said that he was one of the greatest, so why are all these people popping up suggesting that Pit General was an all time great? Could it be that they read it from Don Mayfield??? No one at the time was afraid of General.

18. sunbeam

sunbeam CH Dog

danny burton said he was the best he ever saw.consider the source, burton saw many of the greats and owned or handled dogs like ch alligator,gr ch hank,ch peterbilt,ch angel, chans floyd, ch tonka etc etc etc

danny burton

Earl gave that puppy to Bernice when she was four years old, she was solid black. Later we bred her to TIGER DAN and this breeding produced the best dog to ever walk the earth. His name was PIT GENERAL. This dog was a true super dog, I have never seen anything like him again in my life after he got stolen.

19. sorrels85

sorrels85 Pup

Sorrels grand champion poor boy duh!

20. damon

damon Banned

Yes and alot of dogmen said general was an extra good dog, but not one of the greatest. Bart who general beat was said to have just as much talent as general, but mayfields clever matchmaking turned it in his favour, it was said mayfield could have won with either dog