1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

The greatest pit dog ever?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by caponedog, Jan 5, 2010.

Tags:
  1. SDABPT

SDABPT Pup

Its simple really. Most dog fighters back in the day were hustlers. Earl Tudor is a good example. Most dogs were fought off the chain every time they were challenged. It was the same with chicken fighting until it was made illegal. Those guys didn't give a $4!7 about titles because they were gamblers. Some guys never reported to publications like the SDJ but had several dogs with more than 3 wins on their yard.

2. The Saint

The Saint Big Dog

Thanks for the wonderful response to my question EP.

3. SDABPT

SDABPT Pup

Well in recent times I'd have to say Garners Ch Hickory-T. You guys might have heard this story but for those who don't I'll give you a little lesson in history about this great lil dog off Garners yard. I've met a lot of characters in these dogs over the years and one day one of them told me the story about how he lost his yard due to getting in trouble with the law in NC. See this guy was real close to Mr. BullGod Hill himself T.M.Garner. Garners had a yard separate from his property there in Hillboro that he kept some of his dogs on. A guy by the name of Kyle Pierce lived on the property and took care of Garners dogs. Pierce owned the Ch Trickbag dog and had a brief flame to fame in the FatBill film about the keep. Anyway ch Hickory was on that property and with out Garners knowledge Honorable Mr. Pierce was contracting Hickory out and fighting him behind his owners back. It is said Hickory is an 11 time winner besides the 3 reported. Pierce was going into fully conditioned dogs sometime with Hickory right off the chain. Pierce beat so many off them that they got pissed and stole a bunch of dogs off Garners yard not knowing it was his yard. Garner lost some good brood stock because of this but he managed to get Hickory back which is a whole mother story. Let me just say this.... Garner is a Bulldog. Anyway those fellows got mad and snitched everyone out. I called Garner when I heard and offered my assistance in helping him move his dogs off the property but he had a
    Ready acquired help the man who told me this story was one of them. He went to jail for helping Garner with that mess and they had a falling out. But that lil buckskin bulldog was a 14 time winner folks..... 14 TIME WINNER.... AND ANYONE WHO KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT THESE DOGS WILL TELL YOU NC has some stiff competition. I wish I had a litter off hickory to fat baby right now.....

Bustersboy likes this.
  4. Granite Co.

Granite Co. Big Dog

Ch.Hickory was a ace caliber bulldog, winning from 36 - 40lbs.. A littermate to Ruff Ryder's Ch.Juice is the only dog to scratch back into Hickory, and he did it on 2 broken legs.. Arguable Frisco's most talented offspring (which is saying something),Hickory also had a brother named Oak, who won 2x, his second in 2:42.. Unfortunately he was stolen and never recovered..

Bustersboy likes this.
  5. SDABPT

SDABPT Pup

Thanks Granite for the information on that lil warrior. I was lucky enough to pet the lil dog on one of my visits to Spike Rd. I spent half the day walking the yard. I could tell Garner liked Hickory more than most of them other dogs because he's the only dog he got down on the ground and played with and let get him dirty. He had just got him back a couple days before my visit. Now that I think about it, I never got a bad dog from Garner either it performed or produced.... I shit you not. Modern day Maurice Carver for more reasons than one.

6. c_note

c_note CH Dog

You rode them hell out them nuts... Now I'll play nice

7. niko

niko CH Dog

Good read SD...nice to see someone actually giving credit where credit is do:)

kiwidogman likes this.
  8. xlordxboris

xlordxboris goldenkingkennel2@gmail.com

Is this some joke? :D

Greatest ever is ex gr ch Black Mup or dog who beat him,CH Silver,only dog to beat 3 gr ch and 1 ch dog! On the list we could put gr ch crnooki,gr ch kid (international dog of the year 2014,only dog to held this tittle and he won it with 60% of votes. 2nd had about 25%). Then we can put Chinaman on that list 2...

black jack,pincher, dont be funny guys. these was dogs at begining who didnt had so good selections,competition etc. Its like saying that some boxer from 1920 is better then ali,tyson or ... or that some ufc fighter from 199x. is better then modern mma champs.

9. c_note

c_note CH Dog

I never saw him or stuff down from him, but I'll vote Gr Ch Andy Capp. His story is a great read and the blood still works. Those Voodoo and Voodoo Jr dogs look just like him. I would love to give a couple a try

10. SDABPT

SDABPT Pup

Lol.... I know it seems like that but I actually don't have any reason to ride his nuts. I wouldn't buy another dog from him and he won't sell one to me because we had a falling out. And I think it speaks of my good character to look past the problems I had with the breeder and still give credit to the dogs. But this is exactly what kind of response I should expect from the dog men of today....

kiwidogman likes this.
  11. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

Yeah it's still working!

March isn't the only month for Madness!!

12. Sparkplug

Sparkplug Pup

I won't speak about dogs of times when I wasn't even born, or I haven't seen. But one I did see was Geno's Malo. I worked on Geno's yards during the summers as a kid. I got to see some really good dogs.

13. xlordxboris

People,did u ever saw fights of ex grand champion black mup? U can find some online if u try. After u see his fights (i have all 6 + 3 rolls) u will completly change opinion...

Then u also have 5 fights of ch silver online,he won 3 gr ch and 1 champion,only dog ever to do that. Mup was greates offensive dog ever in the world and silver was greatest defensive dog ever in world.

to me,2 greatest dogs ever and we can see all of their fights,not to read about them. When u read,people exaggarating to much. I trust more in what i see with my own eyes.

Chinaman have great story among him,he was killer and other stuff and i would really like to see this dog,but i cant talk about him cause i didnt saw him fight. Black mup u can see and he is even more then what they wrote about chinaman. Such strenght,tehnique and domination i never saw in any dog.

14. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

I have watched both Mup And Silver and I agree with all u have said ! Mup had good wind for such a straight ahead dog ! my only question would be climate ? I mean the temp and humidity levels..I would have liked to see if Mup could have done this in 90 plus and then add the 70 to 80 percent humidity..Dont get me wrong I do agree with all u said about Mup he was a amazing animal to watch.I believe Silver could have handled this environment and still been a great Ch.

15. xlordxboris

man,here,temperatures goes from -35 to +45! Do u really think u have so big difference in some other countries? I will also tell u story in mup vs silver fight. mup had owner who feed him with the meat pie (u dont feed dog,expecially not under training with that). he had extreme weight training. Fight is postponed 3 times,which means he started with such hard training and then stop 3 times! then pera made faul at 1st screch and let go silver who bite mup's eye and they need 10 seconds to separate them,mup got cut above the eye and eye later closed (after 40 or more mins). silver was smart dog and for that time,he worked on another eye and mup was completly blind on the screch. he still made it,but hit the wall cause he didnt see the opponent (also kid at oposite corner screamed his name). pera also made faul at silver's screch and he moved with silver,he crossed the line. mup did made 2nd screcth,when he knew where is silver,which means he didnt stop,he just didnt saw him.

most important thing,mup was very overworked in training,it was basicly a molesting of a dog. i dont think no dog can win that dog. he was open even in 100 000 euros with no takers.
    mup fought against silver,against pera and even against his own owner. This dog,wasnt a ace,wasnt a legend,he was a psychopat,a freaq,an error of nature.
    Even in such conditions,silver was only dog who could defeat him cause of his defensive style,he was best defensive dog ever. i dont think other dog could do it. mup even killed dog who beat silver and he did it inside 35 mins. mup killed 4 out of 5 opponent,1 who survived later become champ and they stopped at little more then 10 mins to save him.

now we cant know for sure,who was better of them 2. silver won the fight,but mup have exuses. when u ask balkan dogmen to name top 5 dogs,most of them have mup in there.

I rate both dogs high,they r best in history to me. Silver bloodline is still top,while mup bloodline is dead. he wasnt even breed a lot.

16. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Yep I believe thier is a difference and its hard for.you to imagine if you never felt it and its hard for me to imagine yours..But your entitled to your opinion.

17. old goat

old goat CH Dog

lol damn .

18. xlordxboris

dunno,cant say about that cause u r right. i cant talk about things i didnt felt,only things we can do there is guess.

i dont think that any bulldog of that class like mup,silver or some top dogs from america,soviet countries etc would stop cause of climate. ok,it could affect them and lower their performanse,but these dogs r endurable breed. i think that colder weather would affect them more then hotter.

19. grove

grove Big Dog

Many balcans dog man back then felt Mup was a better dog but Pera is very smart man and like Xboris said above the things were against Mup already when contract was signed.

20. tony.macc.52

tony.macc.52 Big Dog

Please explain how the cold affects animal more so than heat as far as performance....