1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

The Great Debate Continues: Did Bullyson Quit?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Laced Wit Game, Aug 25, 2010.

1. D Game Butcher

D Game Butcher Big Dog

Heres the thing, I believe that anyone on here that truly knows about dogs would have to agree that they them selves could find a way to make any dog quit by way of a grueling game test. Does this make all dogs curs? I dont believe thats the case at all. I belive that 99 out of 100 dogs would quit inside an hour if put into a dog their superior.
    Now say we grade dogs with a number determined by ability, and we all know dogs dont quit as long as they believe they are winning. Take 2 dogs equal in weight dog A is a 90 and dog B is a 94, dog A is at a 100% but dog B is only at 80%. Normaly dog B is top dog at 100% and belives he is the better dog because he is, but on the day he is only 80% he realizes he is not superior.
    I dont believe Bullyson to have been a cur, after all a match is only 50% the dog. No body should be so foolish or cocky to risk their dog at less than 100%

2. Boze

Boze Top Dog

he was nine years old? i did not even consider that. nine years old is a very very old dog considering most dogs die at 11 or 12 that dog was no cur, did he quit yes but he was no cur. i can not believe people could even say that. i want everyone to take there nine year old dog who is impossible to get 100 percent i the best conditions and put them against a bigger stonger faster dog, you would end up loosing your whole yard. a nine year old in good shape would quit to a younger dog 99.9 percent of the time. and why would mayfield admit to rubbing a dog it would make him look like a bigger asshole than he already was. the man used to beat his dogs with friggen glass coke bottles he is not role model and far from my definition from a dog man. you may like him and that is your choice but i see nothing likable about him.

oakgrove likes this.
  3. oldtymer

oldtymer Top Dog

I never said that a dog who makes a stumbling scratch is a quitter,as on more than one occasion i have seen dogs make/try to make a scratch with their front wheels all bust up,most were sportingly picked up . But like i said a dog that stands the line on all four legs is a quitter,for what ever reason the dog has quit. I cant see why that is so hard to understand.

4. Rock n Rye

Rock n Rye CH Dog

Shame that Benny couldnt get any matches until his ol daddy was called up to take on the young warrior.. Shame Benny wasnt bred.. Nobody shot Bullyson, he died right after the show.. Also any tombstone lovers, why didnt Don bring him out for Benny, or better yet Junkyard.. Junkyard wanted Tombstone after show wit Bullyson Jr, but it is said they were scard of Tombstone.. Puhleeaze..

oakgrove likes this.
  5. simpson

simpson Big Dog

I can guess what your drink'n and what color the dog at your feet is :)

6. Rock n Rye

Rock n Rye CH Dog

I bet you cant.. Because the one sitting at my foot is a bolio dog..LOL.. You probably thought an Eli bred dog but nope, bolio/tombstone dog..

7. simpson

simpson Big Dog

your sip'n seagrams and the dog is blk if I was put'n some coin on it lol

8. Tigerlines

Tigerlines Banned

the dog quit period.................. i have never read such justification for breeding curs than on this site,...........................from cali jacks symposium on game dog breeding ON ANOTHER THREAD to justifying HARDMOUTH CURS ...............................PLEASE FEEL FREE TO INFORM ME OF THE CUR BRED ORIGINS OF THE AMERICAN GAME DOG!!!!!!!!!!!

9. You are right I let a good one go to waste. Too young, arrogant and inexperienced.

A quit is a quit, no excuses.

Do I feed his offspring & wish they are 1/2 that he was! HELL YES!

10. Boze

Boze Top Dog

so a dog is physically exhausted and has lost massive amounts of blood and is in shock does not go then he is a cur a quit is a quit right. well give me that dog over those 40 minute champions any day a quit is a quit but not necessarily a cur sand man quit but he was no cur and you will not here anyone saying he was because he was gamer than what most people have seen in there lifetime. well that supposed cur was bred and three of the best dogmen that ever lived utilized that curs blood all the way to greatness.

11. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

i don't believe you can make all dogs quit but yes given the circumstances any dog can be stopped if you try hard enough
    false, plenty of dogs quit on top for whatever reason. (i.e. losing interest)

i agree here, while sometimes you have to go out with what you have, i don't agree with going out there with so many odds stacked against you.

promoe likes this.
  12. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

yea i feel the same way naus, maurice was a hell of a dogman but what the hell was he thinkin bringin him in with all them odds stacked against em.

13. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

sometimes a fella need the money more then the dog. it is what it is.

14. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

there he is!! lol

so whatcha think ben, bullyson curr or no cur??

15. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

stolen phrase but i'd put him in the categoy of a topshelf cur. sure there are a lot of excuses made for the dog but simply put he would not go and there are so many different stories and accounts of what did or did not happen before, during and after the event none of us will know for sure. it is what it is, the dog is gone.

but for the record, he was picked up.

16. Sea Serpent

Sea Serpent Big Dog

At 9 years old, it's not hard to believe he quit, but Bullyson is no Cur, I bet his heart wanted to go but his body wouldn't let him go.

17. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

a top shelf cur?:confused:

18. simpson

simpson Big Dog

That match was about the equivalent of a heavyweight boxing champ going to an old folks home and kick'n the shit outa some old prize-fighter. At that level of competition the match should be considered a disgrace and not a hot topic. Bullyson probably slipped a disc and could'nt fuck'n move...jeeeeez louise

19. Unless it's Rocky Balboa! HAHA He came back for a 4th movie!

20. simpson

simpson Big Dog

Love them Rocky flix! He was still look'n evil when he made GET CARTER w/M. Rourke, who actually is a boxer!!