1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

The Great Debate Continues: Did Bullyson Quit?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Laced Wit Game, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Boze

Boze Top Dog

well bobby hall said he believes bullyson was a dead game dog so which is it how could bobby say he quit and then say he believes bully was dead game

2. Boze

Boze Top Dog

just because don said that bullshit does not mean it is true. and that is exactly where you heard that because it is in every story don wrote about bullyson

3. eddieem

eddieem Big Dog

bobby hall said even on his best day he couldnt have beat benny..the times nov/dec 1988

the dog wasnt mc's to cull..he just conditioned him for the fight..never heard he shot him after

4. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

dont forget that don was in benny bobs corner! not handling just with the camp.

5. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

and thats bullshit about bobby hall sayin that he discusses the situation in the interview in the list of threads!

6. eddieem

eddieem Big Dog

i dont know if i understand you laced...do you have access to the interview? its right there..check it out

7. Boze

Boze Top Dog

just read the interview and it does not say bully would have lost in his prime. he also says he believes bullyson was dead game. now bobby also based his whole program on bullyson so take it for what it is worth. the truth is i would not call him a cur maybe some people will. and as far as don he never said a damn word about anyone untill they were gone and could not disput his bullshit facts

8. eddieem

eddieem Big Dog

when asked if he conditioned bully for the fight bobby hall replies..."No,Maurice Carver conditioned him but i didnt feel he was in good shape. Not that it realy matters because he couldnt of whipped him on his best day." He was saying that they where even dogs but benny was a 53-54lb dog so to give up that kind of weight was stupid.

9. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

I think that you let a good dog go to waste if you seen that the dog had no win why not pick up unless you were to curr to concied

10. oldtymer

oldtymer Top Dog

For what ever reason a dog stands the line its classed as a quit !!! If they knew Bullyson was in shock then why did'nt they just pick him up. As for the Shorty bitch that came here from his yard,her owner gave her away as she did'nt do what she was supposed to.

11. BOCKennels

BOCKennels Big Dog

I don't agree with that.

A dog that CAN'T go didn't quit. I dog that could have and DOESN'T quit. Imo

12. mikefromMD

mikefromMD Top Dog

was anyone on this forum actually there?????

13. Young SeNsE_VA

Young SeNsE_VA Top Dog

If you talk to J.C. then he will tell there's no telling what bobby based his yard on ;)

14. oldtymer

oldtymer Top Dog

Have you never read the cajun rules ? try rules 9 to 13 .

15. oldguy

oldguy CH Dog

Did Roberto Duran quit in the ('No Mas') Sugar Ray Leonard fight? Was he up on his feet and could he have continued? The answer is yes!...Would I be game enough to call Roberto Duran a cur? The answer is no! ;) There's still 'Hands of Stone' fans all over the world who will not believe Duran quit that night, yet quit he did, I know because I saw the fight.

Every dogman instinctively knows the difference between a dog that quits and one who genuinely could not continue... In my own country CH.Klogger quit cold standing on 4 feet against Redeye's Charlie... CH.Billy absolutely could not scratch against CH.Scotsman's Max and that great dead gamedog died soon after the match... I know this to be true because I saw it with my own eyes.

Bobby Hall and others who were pitside that day know for sure whether Bullyson quit or not because they saw it with their own eyes... 'SEEING IS BELIEVING'... It's that simple...

Getting dogmen to tell the truth/accept the truth afterwards appears to be the problem.

16. simpson

simpson Big Dog

Would it be to controversial to ask what was ventured to be gained matching a 9 yr old dog w/broken teeth into a younger proven dog in his prime? Can't quite get my head around it......

17. Rick Halliburton was the one who conditioned and handled Benny Bob against Bullyson. The match was set up by Mayfield.
    If Mayfield did rub the dog when did he do it? I don't recall him being a second in that one but maybe I'm wrong.
    And if Mayfield rubbed the dog then Halliburton must have known about it don't you think? If so then why did Carver join up with Halliburton later and match into Jimmy Boots?
    I appreciate it if someone could get those doubts I have cleared up. And I'd love to see where Mayfield confessed to rubbing him because he never once mentioned that to me.

18. BOCKennels

BOCKennels Big Dog

I'm pretty familiar with cajun rules and I'm almost positive that no where in them does it "define what quitting is". Now it clearly defines who wins and who loses, but losing and quitting are not the same. So as far as your concerned a dog that crawls across but doesn't make it before being counted out also quit? Because you are simply siting the rules... according to the rules that crawling game dog is a loser. So your trying to tell me he's a quitter???

19. preme

preme CH Dog

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????

20. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

People just like to talk stuff. Maybe he did quit, i'm sure the same people on here talkin down on him breed dogs that dont deserve to be mentioned in the same breath. I'm not a fan of Bullyson stuff but i know how to keep things in perspective. I have heard a lot of other rumors about Bullyson, mostly believable which turns me away from him but you can't deny his place in the game.