1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

The book of the american pit bull terrier ( richard f. Stratton)

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by Stratman, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Stratman

Stratman Big Dog

2. I just got This is the American Pit Bull Terrier by Richard F. Stratton enjoying it so far. This is defiantly on my to read list

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Stratman

Stratman Big Dog

This Stratton book has a lot of good information and pictures but I liked his earlier book (1976) "This Is The American Pit Bull Terrier" which you are already reading. Enjoy!

4. Robertosilva

Robertosilva CH Dog

5. Thank you decided to start with his earlier book and finish with his most recent

6. Robertosilva

Robertosilva CH Dog

That's a very kind offer but it must have cost you quite a bit of money and you will probably want it for reference at some point.

Thank you for the offer though.

7. No problem I'll keep it for reference its a great book I paid nearly nothing for it lol

8. Robertosilva

Robertosilva CH Dog

You will probably want to read it again at some point. Got rid of so many things in the past I wish i'd kept lol.

Anyway here's a little treat you may or may not have.

1988 gamedog digest yearbook

9. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

I'll definitely hold on to it! Send it my way I'll put it in the library

10. patjr

patjr Top Dog

haha, I wonder what happened on page 12.....(hmmm.... perhaps under the shade tree they blazed-up and had some shroom tea too, cos page13 had somewhat of a whimsical mystic about it.....LOL. )

11. Robertosilva

Robertosilva CH Dog

Yeah that annoyed the hell out f me was enjoying reading it then what the hell where did it go. Not sure where the story was heading but still feel robbed, even though it was free lol.

Oh well, one day, one day, I may find out. Maybe it was too erotic to publish.

12. Iron Mike

Iron Mike CH Dog

"The Book of the American Pit Bull Terrier" was Dick's second book out of the 5 or 6 he did or co-wrote.
    TFH contacted us and ask for slide color pictures of our dog Maud to put on the cover.
    In just about every one of his main first 4 books one of our dogs appeared in them, Massie in the first book, a bunch in the second and third books, and in fact there is pictures of my brother and I in there as well.
    In the fourth book there was a picture of Spike again but all it said was "this dog carries the badge of the OFRN which is getting rare to find" or something like that.
    It would have been nice to at least used his name on the picture but can expect when so many of your dogs are used in his books and we never got ONE free copy of any of those books!

13. Thunder98

Thunder98 Big Dog

One of the first dogs i had was a rednose redboy dog...I was told any ways, any one seen him was like you got some OFRN, I was no i got some redboy/jeep, lol so with no paperwork it didn't matter ,,yellow amber honey gold eyes ....loved to see his eyes in the dark ...red as fire...best damn dog I had....idk if he was redboy or OFRN.

I would read the stratton books and then see the rednose dogs and began to see allot of resemblance. Same size color eyes and all....
    If someone had come along and told me for sure...hey you definitely got OFRN, I would have been just as proud....some damn good dog whatever they were...if I find pictures I will post, it was around 96-98.