1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

The Art Of Peddling ?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by CHUVALOFAN, Sep 7, 2015.

1. CHUVALOFAN

CHUVALOFAN Top Dog

Yes I know many members here breed their own or have friends that they can go to should they need to. Then of course there are those that do not have that, be they just starting or just a fancier of the breed that wants one or really all of the above.

There is no shortage of breeders, no shortage of pretty ped peddlers or often times solid kennel's that are selling a few after a large litter.

I, like I am sure most of you are, a blue collar worker who works damn hard for my money. So I am picky where I spend it. I could care less how good a mans dogs were but if he wasn't polite and friendly he wouldn't be getting my money. I saw this on a very well known breeders site and was shocked.

1. What bloodline is it? Really? I put 6 generation pedigrees on all the breedings, if you CLICK ON THE PICTURE, like I tell you to, you will see how the dogs are bred !! If you can't figure out the bloodline, you don't need to own one of these dogs.

2. What do you recommend? I don't. I put 6 generation pedigrees up so you can make your OWN decision.

3. For all of you LOSERS that use the phrase, "MY WORD IS MY BOND," ... NOTHING IS FURTHER FROM THE TRUTH! Your word is shit! If your word is so good, try using it when you go rent a car and they ask you for your drivers license. Just tell them that you have one, you just don't have it with you, that, "Your word is your bond." You won't be renting a car. When you go buy a house, if you can ever save up enough money, don't worry about getting a deed, just take the sellers word for it, "His word is his bond." If "word is bond," Contracts wouldn't be necessary. Try "bonding" your buddy out of jail using "your word" that he'll show up in court. They'll laugh and ask for CASH because YOUR WORD IS SHIT! All in all, the phrase is for IDIOTS, and in my 20 years experience, only ABSOLUTE TIME WASTING DREAMER BULLSHITTERS USE THIS PHRASE. Furthermore, I won't sell a dog to any idiot that uses this phrase in conversation with me. For references on how this MORON phrase came to be , look at urban dictionary: WORD IS BOND.

STATEMENT: If you ask any of these stupid questions, I'll consider you an illiterate MORON that is incapable of taking good care of my puppy , and I'll just hang up on you. Also if you mention doing anything illegal with these dogs, especially anything that could be interpreted as related to dogfighting, I will again hang up and block your number. We breed these animals using genetic contribution and percentages to preserve the

Compare this to some others ? Why would someone even want to deal with this kennel, good blood or not. Yes I know there are bullshitters and so on and so on but thats the name of the game if you offer to the public.

2. mitchmmd

mitchmmd Pup

That guy acts exactly like that in person. He is the most arrogant person that I've ever dealt with. For what he charges you'd expect him to be a little more polite to his customers but he isn't. From my past experiences with him I wouldn't recommend doing business with him, the only reason I did in the past was because I wanted that blood and it's hard to find unless you are connected and I'm not so I bought a few pups from him. I liked the pups well enough but I'm like you Im not rich and so if I'm going to spend that kind of money I at least expect to be treated with a little respect. I have a pretty good head on my shoulders and I knew what I was looking for so I didn't need to ask any of the "stupid questions", and I treated the man with the utmost respect but I felt very insulted by the treatment that I received from him and the way he talked to me was like he felt like he was above me or better than me and that in my opinion is piss poor customer service.

3. CHUVALOFAN

CHUVALOFAN Top Dog

My thoughts exactly mitch.

4. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

The art of peddling is no different then any other businesses out there. All business have there own rules,standards and practices that they abide and live by whether anyone agrees with them or not as that is just (reality) part of the business aspect of it as every person is different. Some up hold a set of morales and ethic standards while others do not, some are shady and down right dispicable for no reason at all....Even websites have there standards and rules, just to join this site or any other site for that matter you must first AGREE to there 10348823 terms of agreement/rules, just to become a member LMAO.

IMO I see nothing wrong with what he said as he is just stating the obvious that most are actually afraid to say for the sake of seeming unfriendly to other people. If the sales are high volume he probably gets a shit ton load of email/phone calls etc... asking the same rhetoric question over and over again as well as a lot of tire kickers/window shoppers is wasting his time.

1. Its not his job to explain or teach anyone how to read a pedigree as you should already KNOW what you want and are looking for when choosing/buying anything, especially if its a pretty big/expensive decision that will require a lot of responsibility on the buyers part.

2. In order for anyone to recommend anything one must FIRST know what the buyer is looking for. (see 1. question LMAO)

3. In any legal business aspect no ones word is bond. If I could get 5 bucks for everyone that had not kept there word to me through out my life time I would be rich. LOL

Although his statement is a little harsh and blunt it is to the point and understandable especially when it comes to talking about illegal things that can get one into serious trouble. Trust no one fully but seek the truth. (X-files) LOL.

When a women goes shopping she likes to take her time, browse , talk and associate/deal with the seller with a lot of foreplay and window shopping involved. LOL

When a man goes shopping he just wants to get in and get out as he already knows exactly what fuck he wants. Its like a wham, bam thank you ma'am thing. LMAO

My scenario when buying a pup....Breeder asks which pup do you want...I say hold up let me get my peanut butter LMAOROTF....choose my pup, pay the breeder and leave. that simple. LOL

5. Thunder98

Thunder98 Big Dog

Sounds like he wants to cut the BS. I know a couple folks he deals with and they haven't mention him being a snob in the slightest. I believe that message is to detour the window shoppers. He knows what he has, tells YOU what he has, you really don't have to ask questions. Your on the site for a reason, there's something of interest to you...maybe you should try to get to know him. Now I admit (the site rules) are pretty harsh but to me it just states "man don't even go there". In his years I bet he has heard it all, promise after promise, lie after lie, deal after deal etc.....gets old. Ok if I go on the site & go through puppy page, I will decide on the pup out of a particular litter. Next I see if my gender is available, if so make the deposit and its on.

I really didn't pay that much attention to all them there rules, I kinda already figured out what I would say to him.
    If I miss the particular litter, I ask if there will be another breeding of the same or use my next choice. Next is the loot, and an update on my pup as he/she grows.....that's not much.

For all I know he has another litter that may need his attention, looks like he stays busy with them dogs, not to mention family. So I believe the rules just cut the BS for the most part.. JMO

6. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

My scenario when buying a pup....Breeder asks which pup do you want...I say hold up let me get my peanut butter LMAOROTF....choose my pup, pay the breeder and leave. that simple. LOL

:lol::lol:

7. Mop Master

Mop Master Yard Boi AKA MopMaster, Gutter Boy & LWG

cant blame the guy for being that way, its hard to sell dogs and avoid the bullshit that comes with it. personally i dig the fact that hes cut n dry & to the point, its hard to say that i wouldnt be that way as long as hes been dealing with bullshitters. he wants to sell you a dog, not be your boyfriend......

8. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

I would think that if you went to him knowing what you wanted and not bullshitting he wouldn't be that big of an asshole. It may seem harsh but, if you could hear some of the phone calls you get concerning people wanting to buy pups!!!

Sent from my 306SH using Tapatalk

9. treezpitz

If he's peddling like he is, he's going to deal with idiots. Plain and simple.

10. bluedoglover

bluedoglover Top Dog

wouldn't call evolution a peddler for that. just sick of the idiots. i'm similar to that, in that i have a limit to how much crap i can take. however i, personally, like to view the dog with his litter. interact with the pups myself. and test for shyness.( a good loud clap is how many hunters test it.) choose at least three of your favorites just in case. after seeing the traits i want, i would get the pup. the owner/breeder's attitude is not an issue. i would be polite, as i hope he would in return. don't let impersonal things stop you from getting a dog.

11. lol he has his reason lol even with all that the other day on FB i shit you not i saw some one ask him something along the lines of

"are these mayday pups"

12. treezpitz

Doesn't matter why you'd call him one, the fact is he is a peddler.

13. Staub

Staub Big Dog

I would love to have a dog from him but I do agree. When you breed that many dogs and rack up the generations as quick as he is I'd have to say he's a peddler. But that wouldn't stop me from getting a pup if I had the money but with that much money for a dog I'd have to handpick like bluedoglover said.