1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Tattoos??

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by ABK, Jul 29, 2006.

1. ghost 1

ghost 1 CH Dog

the loyalty my dogs gives me and has given me in the past,,,, its the least i could do

2. Riptora

Riptora CH Dog

I love tatts! yum, yum! May all men have at least one! -that's what I say!

3. Suki

Suki Guest

not sure why. But I've had all of mine, (6) before I got into this breed, same with ridin my motorcycle.......dunno....

4. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

I agree with both what sedalia was trying to say, and the point ABK has made...

Meaning, although tattoos are becoming more and more accepted, they still hold that sort of prejudice to most. Most people arent even openly aware of it, but subconsciously(sp?) you will judge a person with tattoos. Since I'm obviously a fan of tattoos, I tend to relate to folks with ink better sometimes...its a common ground.

As for dogmen of the past not having tattoos, that is somewhat true, but tattoos werent nearly as common then as they are now. There are low-buck parlors on every street in a major city, parlors were much more scare in the 30's and 40's I'd say (of course I wasnt alive then, but this is sort of an "accepted fact" I believe?). Did Mr. Carver not have ink of two dogs doing their thing on his arm? ;)

5. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

Ugg, you guys are gross...dont you know Tatoos are ugly and tend to show what your position in society is....when I see someone walking around Wal-Mart covered in tattoos I think to myself... I bet they live in the trailor park...and if its a chick I ask her what lot number and verify that she is indeed a hood rat later that night....then later when she accuses me of all kinds of things Id never do....I will be like who you gonna believe officer...some white trash tattoo covered trailor whore or me a nice clean well groomed and flawless skinned young man....so thats why I never got a tattoo....its all about image....

lmao just kidding ....
    I really dont have any Tatts because Im poor

6. Suki

Suki Guest

LOL!!!! You are seriously wacked!!!!!!:cool:

7. NCPatchwork

NCPatchwork CH Dog

This whole deal is just stereo typing. Its like stereo typing all pit bulls as mean. Its saying that all people with tattoos are trailer park trash...

8. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

Hey you bought me these panties and made me promise I wear them every time im online...why you got to be all bumpin your gums about my panties in public...thats it no lovin for you....for at least several minutes...Besides I like these panties they ride my hips good

9. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

See there is a good explanation making my long story short

Vicki likes this.
  10. lane gumz

lane gumz Pup

Maybe people like me, and the others who have tattoos. Hell I have inch and a half holes in my ears. You couldn’t imagine the looks I get every day. I have a job, and no im not a drug dealer, and I don’t even drink alcohol but relating to the breed im an outcast. People pre judge me all the time, some don’t. Dog lovers see him and do the same this is why I love the breed I have never been violent towards people who see me and laugh. They say that my neck tattoos or my arm tattoos are nasty, stupid, or I’ll regret it. I love myself, I love my lifestyle, I love my piercing, and would die for my dog that is what matters to us people the most. So why am I looked down on, because I have self-pride or because I love art. I have never got turned down for a job, so maybe unless you are a lawyer, you may get turned down for a job, but I know accountants, computer programmers that have full body suits. Maybe people like me want to make a difference. It may take a while, but we are doing it. Education is the key. My tattoos are a form of art, not gang signs, cell numbers, or swastikas. The same is for my dogs breed (a bad rap) I work 60 hours a week, and take my dog out in public around people. I educate people on two levels so maybe there are people who know where im coming from, and others who don’t get it well here its my body, my life. I think you people who judge us this way should ask yourselves, would you do the same to gays, African Americans, Indians, Hispanics, or any other race, because there is no difference. Prejudice is prejudice no matter if it is a standard or not.

11. lane gumz

lane gumz Pup

My boyfriend had just replied back to this post.
    I read it, and I found it rediculous. You like tattoos?
    But then why rant about it on Game-dog.com.
    How old are you really. If you are an older lady, then I don't see why you dont have a more open mind. Honestly. MY MOTHER, is very fond of my boyfriend. He has plenty of tattoos. I don't care if you "ex" boyfriend or you "father" had a tattoo, what does all this tattoo talk have to do with pitbulls, and their breed. If you could reply back to this that would be wonderful. I bet you were trying "twist a tail" on this subject. Sorry.

A girl without tattoos.

12. lane gumz

lane gumz Pup

[​IMG]

try not to get too sick lol were tough as coffin nails! we took this picture in er double wide.....

13. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

This could turn into a bad thing, but I cant help but to say this, and that is getting tattoos is nothing like a race. A person is born a race, you gave yourself your ink and piercings. Dot even in the same catagory. I wont even go there with homosexuality. I have ink, but would never justify it saying that it is a race! Come on! Sounds to me like some folks have a fantasy life that they just done have the courage to live! Yea, many people that dont live the wild life have them nowadays, that's not how it started.
    And for the record, tat's have been around for a LONG time, so have piercings, so the dog men of old had every opportunity to get ink, but chose not. Not all of them, but the mojority of them! Let's just call it what it is.

Having said that, this is not anything to do with game dog's, and is turning into a religious/political thing, of which if that's how you want it, I dont cur from it, I can go with it, prefer not, but...I aint sceared
    J

14. Evil_Elvis

Evil_Elvis Big Dog

ABK..people have tattoos for the same reason you have merle colored dogs (like how i slipped that in here?) It's all personal preference. You like the "looks" of merle dogs (where as alot of people feel that merle shouldnt be allowed) See where I'm going with this? It would be like telling you that merles are ok to have as long as you keep them covered and out of site from everyone else who doesnt like them..

Yep I have tattoos. Got them long before I choose the APBT. Each tattoo I have represents some part of my life. And ive been alive long enough to see the general publics veiw on tattoos change.. it is more "acceptable" to have them and no, it doesnt mean one is a tough guy /girl to have them. Most people seemingly are very excited to show off even their "hidden" tattoos when the subject comes up.. and even grandma's are sporting tattoos, highly respectable business owners have them, etc etc.

Remember.. there are plenty of "Nice looking people without tattoos" that have probably done more damage to the breed than all us with visible tattoos

15. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

Lane gumz: No one said that ppl w/ tats or piercings are bad ppl. I've met folks w/ tats who were really good folks & I've met folks who were unmarked who were scumbags & vice versa. My question is why so many ppl w/ tats also own pit bulls.

Lane gumz' girl: Why so defensive? No need for all the anger. I asked this question b/c it has to do w/ pit bulls & this is a pit bull forum. No, I'm not an old lady. And yes, I like tats so long as they're well done & well placed.

As for what it has to do w/ pit bulls, you tell me? Why do you have tats & pit bulls? If you will look around you, not many other ppl who own different breeds of dogs are so inked up. Like I mentioned before, most ppl who own Salukis, Borzoi, Shar-pei, etc. don't have tats & even ppl who own "tough" breeds like Neos, Corsos, Rotts etc. usually aren't tatt'ed up as pit bull owners are. So why do tats & pit bulls seem to go together like peas & carrots? I just want to know. Sorry if I offended you.

Elvis: I understand it's a matter of taste. But my question is why do they seem to do hand-in-hand w/ pit bulls?

Your merle example misses the mark poorly. If most merle owners were accountants, your example would be solid & we'd be asking why are most merle owners accountants? But they aren't.

I will have to agree w/ your statement about ppl who aren't tatt'ed doing the most damage. I'll bet most of the folks who pass BSL don't have tattoos. However I will venture to say that seeing a pit bull owner strut down the street w/ sleeves covering both arms doesn't help either. Unfortunately, whether we like it or not, many ppl still attach a negative sterotype to tattoos.

But I'm not asking why ppl have tats. I'm asking why most PIT BULL owners have tats. I just find in unsual a preference for body art seems to run hand-in-hand w/ a certain breed of dog.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2006
  16. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

See all the confusion and trouble Tattoos are causing...I told you they were bad....lmao....and then someone goes off and brings up piercings...well good god almighty let me just open the door and let Satan himself come on in...
    He has some needles a Tattoo gun and all the dead game dogs from history and he is ready to pierce us all up and tattoo us while all his dogs fight...see look at what you did ....Jeez....lol.

17. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

lmao mister! maybe we had better watch out! Isn't a popular tattoo one of the grim reaper holding a bulldog on a chain? lol.

Sorry, I didn't mean to create a ruckus. I was just curious. Really, I can't be the only person who has noticed the pit bull + tattoo correlation.

Also, 14Rock, Purple Pig & others you have given well thought & courtious answers & I appreciate it.

18. Evil_Elvis

Evil_Elvis Big Dog

its pretty simple i think really the apbt has and always will be a fighting breed(and no i dont mean in a pit) and generally the people that own these dogs have to fight and work hard for everything they have or want so in a essence(spelling) you could say alot of us our just like our dogs my dogs got it better then i do the only material possesions we own is a bed sofa and computer we spend all of our money on the dogs

and by your comment "in america books are read by the cover" im guessing your saying that allo of us with tattoos are a bap representatives of the breed is bulls**t i have 23 tattoos and your opinon means nothing to mean looks to mean like your doing more damage to this breed and its owners by bringing this up and stereo typing and incase you didnt get the point this time your doing the same thing your bitching about stereotyping

i feel as if you shouldnt be trying to bring

your opinon of religion into these dogs but you do and you dont hear me crying

19. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

You make some good points Elvis.

Sadly, in the U.S. books are judged by their covers & as a result, most ppl are going to judge a person w/ tats as "trash." Is it a sterotype? Yes. Are there some great ppl out there w/ tats? Yes. Are there some scuzzy ppl out there w/o tats? Yes. But that still doesn't deter the majority of America right now from looking at ppl w/ tats - especially those who have a lot of them - as riff raff. It may not be right, but that's the way it is. [​IMG]

As for ppl w/ tats being bad representative, sadly to most folks they are. To you or I who would be inclined to look deeper they wouldn't. But to JQP or gramma Jones or Councilman Roberts, ppl w/ tats are as I said before going to be judged on how they look & to the majority of Americans tats = trash.

Consider this - I once heard a woman refer to a man who had sleeves as a "circus boy!" I asked her why the negativity & she responded that "he looked like he belonged w/ a circus!" She didn't even know this man! Now think about what she would have thought about pit bulls if he'd had a pit bull by his side or she knew he owned pit bulls. Pit bulls are trash dogs, that's what she would have thought.

Is that right? No. But that's the way it is right now.

As for religion, I am not bringing religion into the breed. If you will do your research, it has always been there. Many of the ppl who founded our breed were church members & those who owned our breed up until recent times were devout Christians. For example, if my memory serves me correctly, Mr. Boudreaux is a regular church-goer who wouldn't do business on a Sunday morning if it interfered w/ his going to church & I believe Mr. Heinzl was actually a ordained minister! [​IMG]

20. Dirty3rd

Dirty3rd Big Dog

It's funny you say something. I've got seven and I'm gettin ready for my eighth. Ironically enough it's a pit tat. LOL