1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Tatonka Kennels

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by patness84, Jan 17, 2013.

1. patness84

patness84 Pup

Hello All,

I know there have been a few threads about Tatonka's dogs in the past, but I was wondering if anyone had any more first hand experience to share om the dogs. I had a wonderful conversation with Joanie earlier this evening and wanted to know what anyone who has her dogs thinks. Please feel free to pm me anytime. I work nights, so I am up all night anyway. Thanks.

-Patness

2. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Thier is only one sure way to find out and that is to try them yourself..just my opinion but I think Joanie is a good breeder.

3. rroscoe

rroscoe Lightner Hemphill / Colby

You look at the dogs line 4 gens back see if you can make out some good known dogs or breeders known for Nice dogs in the history of the dogs then look at what she has now do they seem to appear to be the pups out of the blood line they are stated to be? do they look like the same type of structured dogs as the 4 gen back ? Like say black dog to black dog to black dog to black dog there should be no white dogs with blue eyes..if the answer is yes and that is what you are looking for then you are 50% there. As far as finding what you may want . She seems like a nice enough person from what I have heard and read ...

4. therealjudge

therealjudge CH Dog

she breeds honest dogs, get one from her Pat and you will be happy

5. doginhold

doginhold Top Dog

She´s a pretty long time in these dogs and especially around the Sorrells stuff!
    I have heard pretty good things as far as dealing and dogs goes from various sources, past and present!
    A member here Yerichoffs (a kennel from Belgium) imported a tri male from her and is absolutely satisfied with what he has!
    I´d for one would tell you if you are looking for a decent kennel that sells dogs for legal purposes and are not to be considered as only about the money, then I´d give it a try! She´s also a ADBA judge and very dedicated!

6. CR!SIS

CR!SIS Banned

7. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

everybody knows that..i dont think she was in bulldogs when she did.

8. CR!SIS

CR!SIS Banned

so before she married bert?? lol

9. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Bert wasnt her first husband.As far as I know her and Bert never lived in New York although thats where Joanie is from.If you read what u posted it says she worked with them in New York..She was born and raised in New York and left there not long after she got into bulldogs.

10. Cynthia

Cynthia Top Dog

She worked for the ASPCA in NYC. While that is a Humane Society. It is not the HSUS.

11. doginhold

doginhold Top Dog

Who cares? She doesn´t lie about it. I also have been involved in some local shelters, doing home checks for dogs that have been put up for adoption, mainly for bull and terrier types. Does this make me a humaniac? don´t think so!

12. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

the local shelters are under manned and dont get the funds they need..I dont see nothin wrong with it dog.Thier is a difference there .

13. doginhold

doginhold Top Dog

Joanie does support some local rescuers also! She is allowed to judge the Canine Good Citizen test as far as I know and that´s definitely a plus!

See, our breeds are a welcome target! And good contacts to some officials aswell as police staff ain´t too bad if you are about to defend dogs and owners who would have otherwise taken their rights away and can´t defend themselves as they don´t know about the exact legislation!

See, I had to step in more than once to protect people and their dogs that otherwise would just get run over!

14. Rednose09

Rednose09 Pup

I recently got a dog from joanie back in november. . Out of red chaos x maha.. shes 16 weeks old.. but im liking what i see so far.. try one out

15. rroscoe

rroscoe Lightner Hemphill / Colby

I have rescued many dogs and people find out who i'am and a look of shock comes over there faces.. like if you let your dogs "exercise" it makes you blind to people tying a dog to a tree and not feeding it I may be outdated but was taught by dog men to really care for your dogs ..They eat before you eat ...That way they give there all in return ....I still don like the tri color dogs that look like rott mixes ..lol...

16. yerichoffpits

yerichoffpits Big Dog

in may my dog off tatonka kennels will be 5 http://dogarchive.kennel-apbt.com/details.php?id=132290 , zeke is a wonderful loving dog, in the futur i will planning to get me an other from them, love there dogs alot.
    when time is right and they do the right breeding for me my second tatonka dog will enter belgium.

i only can say go for it iff your feeling off them is good, i have friends in italy and greece who goth some 2 and they are glade to have dogs from joanie, che is a wonderfull person

17. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Roscoe I never been fond of black and tan either lol..its kinda growin on me some though..I got one and he is 4 times Azuma in 4 generations and Azuma is black and tan.My dog is red though .

18. young muscle

young muscle Big Dog

I've delt with Buckshot and Joanie, both good people.
    The dogs I had were off Ch Raisin, Ch Sailor and Poorboy. All were
    Decent dogs two of the three cranked up really early, the other around 3yrs,that was Almost 20 years ago, I'm wondering how they are now
    I haven't seen a Sorrells dog in awhile.

19. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

thats some good dogs to have dogs off of man..I got one from joanie he is close to 2 yrs old and he cranked up early..he thought he was the shit as a puppy and hasnt changed..I catch hogs with him,he is a dam good catch dog..Cant speak for everybody but I like what I got from Joanie.

20. patness84

patness84 Pup

Well, I talked with her before I posted and liked my experience talking with her. She is extremely down to earth. I have some Sorrells dogs in a few of my dogs peds and wanted to add a little more. I just wanted to know others' opinions on her dogs. Thanks to all who provided positive feedback! I think I am going to get one!