1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Tant Bred Dogs

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by deepsouth, Jul 31, 2007.

1. pitbullcliff

pitbullcliff Banned

I had this boy for 8 years and he was a great dog. He wasn't bred by Mr Tant but both his parents came from Tants yard. He never showed any agression towards people and was a REAL friendly outgoing dog. I think with some of the dogs off this line it is all on how they were raised and brought up. Because some of the dogs off this line, that I have seen over the years, that were real agressive towards people were dogs that spent their entire lives on chains.
    http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=51264

His father was Redboy/Jocko/Jeep and his mother was Redboy/Jocko/Buck. He had incredable endurance like no other dog I have ever owned. At his prime he would work a Colby carpet mill 1:20 and love it. He was only bred twice but both times produced big litters of 11 and 10 pups. And that was only being bred to both females only one time.
    Now that he is gone I wish I had bred him myself because the two breedings done with him was done by the guy who bred him. I had a chance to keep a pup or two off those breedings but at the time a couple years ago I lived in a VERY small house( beach cottage) with a VERY small yard.

2. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Tant was not known for culling moderate "man-biters", or looking down upon these dogs. In short, they are a bit more off-standish to strangers, than most game-bred dogs as a whole ime.

Yes, heavy Redboy dogs can look mixed. Many of them are freakishly large, with heads the size of a rhino. It's not uncommon to see 70+ lb. males from this line, and it's crosses.

I don't care too much for most Redboy crosses, including Jeep. Too much of a fad, has ruined the integrity of the line in most breedings. We have quite a bit of it, crossed, but it is all from top kennels of the time, not fad breeding, such as the Havana boys, and the like. It would take a whole hell of a lot to get me to institute any more "Redboy" dogs into the mix, purposely, in any quantity. I don't often like the results, unless crossed into high-ability lines, such as Patrick/Tombstone, Eli/Rascal, etc.

3. EDOGZ818

EDOGZ818 Big Dog

Havana Boys are a top notch kennel. PM me if you still have CHICO's contact info.