1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

swivels

Discussion in 'Products & Equipment' started by debodebo, Aug 12, 2006.

1. debodebo

debodebo Top Dog

2. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

They look good, but that price is a bit over the top imo. Do local hardware/feed stores in your area not sell basic swivels?

3. truegames

truegames Big Dog

They look good to me they should last for a long time since their stainless.

4. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

We tried to get a swivel for the chain setup we've got out back, and the hardware store by us doesn't carry them. Pretty strange if you ask me, since they had just about every other damn thing.

5. SApits

SApits Pup

That's the kind i use and they have worked great for me. I get them at a local collar shop though for a little less. The ones i use are pretty big and i attach them with quick links (1/2" i think). I like them a lot and mine are showing no real signs of wear.

6. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

Man they are nice...but no so nice to add more money to the 1.29 ones I get from Farm and Fleet...whats so special about them...they aint especially strong or weather proof and all your gonna do with it it let it go in the dirt and only check its condition once in a while.... so save your money and buy the bulk farm stuff.......but that is a damn nice shiny swivel so if you like shiny objects you might not be able to resist buying some...
    LOL

7. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

They are stainless, so they are strong and weatherproof.

J

8. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

Stainless does not mean weatherproof..eventually it will oxidize like any metal....and as far as strength goes I get teh galvanized cold rolled steel ones for barely over a buck and they support up to 8000 pounds ....which is half of its breaking point......I mean how strong does it need to be.....or are you trying to kill 2 birds with one stone and get some Functional Bling Bling for yoou dogs...lmao...its all good bro if you believe its worth teh money then stock up...but Stainless steel in not stronger than Cold rolled its just harder and as far as weather proof goes......most swivels are pretty well weather proof...so its your dime spend it how you want......I just wouldnt waste it on 1 when I could get 3 that are equivelent quality just not shiny....

9. debodebo

debodebo Top Dog

What size swivels do you use.

10. truegames

truegames Big Dog

I use 5/16 swivels with 1/4 chain.

11. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

I have never had stainless to rust. As to the swivels I use, I am using the ones that appear to be cast to me from the feed and seed. They are rated at 2600 I think, at 6 bucks a pop. Where are you getting these you have from? Can you post a picture. Always like to save a few.

I got stainless steel bowls and screen, and many other things that over many years have not rusted(oxidized). Enlighten me as to why. I got a 'shaker' which is a stainless screen mounted on a steel frame, been in the weather for about 10 years, the metal fram is rusted as all get out, but the stainless screen looks brand new.

As to the 'bling' thing, I'd rather be camoed, unseen, not shiny.

J

12. debodebo

debodebo Top Dog

Thanks, I was thinking 5/16 or 3/8

13. bubs

bubs Pup

go2marine is pretty competitive with their prices. I have purchased the axle rings from them and i'm one satisfied customer. If you want some quality swivels, i've ordered from Jason out of Oklahoma and the workmanship is superior and made out of stainless also. The swivels run about 15.00 a piece but that includes shipping also. Order from him and you won't be disappointed. I just plain'ol ordered a dozen from him and it works really well. The beauty also is that you can slip a 2" collar right into the larger opening of the swivel. I don't have his info right off hand but once i find it, i'll post it up. Hope this helps.