1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

''swing batter batter...swing"

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by CHUVALOFAN, Nov 29, 2015.

1. CHUVALOFAN

CHUVALOFAN Top Dog

Point of fact any dogman know matter how experienced started out as just a fancier of the breed and will end off that way as well.

Many years ago now when I was nothing more then a young fancier of the breed I was lucky enough to 'know people who knew people' in the sporting dog world. I was also lucky enough that the people I knew thought enough of me to vouch their trust for me so that I could get a chance to be around these 'real' dogmen and their dogs.

I was all set...or so I thought. Try as I might and I tried my best but these men just would not except me or take a liking to me.

Now I won't go so far as to say I was crushed but I was hurt and I was disappointed. Disappointed in them but most of all in me and in that I would remain nothing more then a fancier.

I did what many in a similar situation have done and went to Tom Garner and bought some pups that were bred to what interested me and not so much what was the popular choice.

Well as time passed and the world brought me to this place and that I was able to make some very good and solid acquaintance's and some of those became friendships and lasting ones at that.

I was honest, I was humble, I was eager, I had some money, I had some nice dogs and a few of these new friends and acquaintance's really welcomed me and took me under their wings so to speak. Two in particular were true blessings and helped me in ways I can never repay and never will forget and can only myself pay it forward when it is before me.

So life can throw it's curve balls at you and they can come fast and they can come hard. That one for me I managed to hit with the bat and I knocked it out of the park. So yes things can seem bad at first but give it time and you just never know, it may just turn out to be a good thing. I had to go outside my own Country to find the help I needed and become more then just the fancier I was and though not easy and hard lesson's learned...I became.

In the end like so many I will be just a fancier again, when my body say's NO MAS and I can no longer put the time in, when the risk is just to great for everything else that I have. A fancier I will be again but a fancier with a deep well to draw from, of memories , of dogmen and of the dogs...oh the dogs.....

2. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

That was a great read and the truth.i always looked at it like this ,if I help someone and expect something back ,then I really didn't help them.We all need help from time to time I never remind anyone, but you can always see the ones that appreciate you the most.

3. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

4. TROTLINE

TROTLINE Top Dog

^^^^^ Very Kool!!!

5. frogs

frogs Big Dog

Chuv, is that your story?

6. userdied

userdied Pup

CHUVALOFAN I guess we have half in comman big brother.I have travelled 4 different cities on my bullet bike and can't find much of a real APBT. Dog fighting group they are happy to have me but all seems too stubborn.they feed dog or all when they are free

I will even go and work on someone dog yard out of my country for free.learning is most important.I can guarantee from night to day all I do is call people or surf web for finding real game dog lol

I can understand dogs

7. CHUVALOFAN

CHUVALOFAN Top Dog

Yes it is frogs.

8. frogs

frogs Big Dog

Nice, I liked that.

9. CHUVALOFAN

CHUVALOFAN Top Dog

Thanks frogs, I appreciate that sir.