1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Suspected dog fighting pit bulls returned to owner

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by Marty, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Pitbull219

Pitbull219 CH Dog

so all his dogs need to be fixed......sucks if he has anything there worth breeding.

Jordan also said when it comes to organized dog fighting rings, "They're micro-chipped, so if they show up we'll be able to prove they're his animals."

Numbskulls....they'll be fixed, what a dumb statement.

"And quite frankly there's nothing else we can do with 13 pit bulls," Jordan said. "We cannot adopt them. It would not be safe for anyone."

Real nice......the dogs are fine, just too dangerous to be around anyone. What a bunch of shit. I'd like to choke some of these clowns with a "heavy logging chain".

2. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

do you know what a microchip is for? its not to trace future offspring of spayed/neutered dogs, its to trace a dog they find. say they find a dog dead in the woods,or wandering the streets- they will scan it for a chip to find out who the owner is- it has nothing to do w/ fixed dogs

3. Rallyracer, if I follow Pitbull219 way of thinking, the fact that the dogs are being "fixed" will null or greatly reduced any chance of them being used in a pit.

4. Pitbull219

Pitbull219 CH Dog

yes thank you.....I thought microchips were passed onto offspring once implanted. :rolleyes: You know what goes great with micro chips? micro dip...

5. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

you think that someone who keeps 13 dogs in the woods, w/ no shelter, the fact the dogs are now fixed is goinng to stop them from being matched? think again

6. First of all, I do not know this guy nor how he truly kept his yard. I know that many bad things were said about how Pat Patrick kept his dogs. We all know that was Bullsh!t. He may have indeed neglected his 13 dogs. He may have had inadequate shelter. How does that neglect relate to dog fighting?:confused: Usually, the dog fighters are the ones with the best shaped dogs....lol

Rallyracer, I hope you are here to learn. Do some research on what happens to the personality and drive of dogs who have been altered. While some may still use a fixed dog for fighting, how long will that last? How many fixed animals have you heard being matched in professional contests? There is a reason for that.:cool:

7. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

PP had kennel runs for each dog, this guy had 1 dog house...apples and oranges.

the point they were making w/ chipping the dogs is that if the dogs were fought and dumped, there is now traceabilty and it falls on this guys shoulders.

i know all about the effects of s/n on a dog. the point was that if this guy is infact matching dogs, the fact they have now been s/n means little, as he doesnt even care/know enough to house them properly. you think the s/n will stop him from doing it? of course it wont. there is a very distinct line between a dogman and backwoods/inner city dogfighter wannabe. this guy seems to be the furthest thing running from one who participates in professional contests.
    but what do i know- im just a newbie to the internet who must not know much about bulldogs because i have a low post count

8. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

I don't think having the dogs s/n will change anything one bit. I had two APBTs neutered & they would still fight at the drop of a hat & have to be broken off.

I myself doubt having them s/n would stop a person from pitting them or stop the dog from going. After all, the drive to fight in our bred is instinctual, not hormonal. So s/n an APBT would diminish the drive to fight about as much as s/n a beagle diminish his desire to run a rabbit. In short - in a good dog, it wouldn't.

I think the only reason you didn't see a lot of s/n dogs in the pit was b/c ...

1: Mostly men owned these dogs & most men to don't believe in s/n

&

2: They wanted be able to breed the dog if it turned out which of course cannot be done with a s/n dog.

JMHO on that though.

9. Pitbull219

Pitbull219 CH Dog

ABK, that is pretty much what I was getting at (reason #2 that is). Why bother matching a dog that is altered? The purpose of matching is to select the best males and females for breeding.....anything beyond that is sadistic entertainment.