1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Support

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by 14rock, Sep 23, 2006.

1. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Walking out the door right now to go watch the IFL fights, namely

Militech

Vs.

Gracie.

This is a fight that needs no introduction, hope it stands up to the expectations.

As always, wishing my support for the hometown boys, Militech camp, and Pat.

Lets Get It On!

2. Attila

Attila Guest

I don't understand. is that russian?

3. debodebo

debodebo Top Dog

The Militech camp was 50/50 in the Octagon. Lil Evil got knocked out in the first round. Matt pulled it out against BJ to keep his title.

4. Attila

Attila Guest

yep still I am lost.

5. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

No worries Attilla-mixed martial arts. I just got back from the fights, and for the most part they were fantastic. There were two fights that stick out in my head where the fighters tucked tail, and literally ran, and one who signaled to the ref to stop it on their feet, however, the ref didnt see it, and the fight continued. Most of the guys did very well, some up-and-commers, including one guy who reminds me of a young GSP. A few fighters were there, Pat (of course), Jeremy Horn, Don Frye, Frank Shamrock, Carlos Newton, etc etc. Overall great night, however I'm disappointed to see Militech take a hard loss.

He looked like he was ready to kill mothers and eat babies walking into the ring, the fire in his eyes showed nothing but domination. However, it looked like once he actually climbed in the ropes, he literally froze up. A few jabs to keep Gracie away, but he never really let the hands, or the legs go at all. Alot of clinching in the corners, and at the end of the round Gracie throws in a guilletine from their feet ala Carlos Newton v Matt Hughes style....and Militech stands there for a good minute on his feet, his body gave no sign of struggle what-so-ever, until the inevitable tapout. We can all say "he should of done this, he should of done that" but I think what it boils down to is Pat had the fight laid out in his head, and knows exactly what he should of done/should change, his limbs simply werent on board for his first time in the ring in such a long time imo. He's a champion, with the heart of a lion, I imagine he will get in the ring soon against some lesser fighters, and then settle into the groove he needs to find. Anybody who does anything competitively, can tell you- no matter how much you practice, or how much you spar-theres no substitute to actual ring time. Let him get a win or two under his belt, get comfortable back in the ring, and I think we could see a dominating Pat Militech again.

I'd like to say however, Gracie was a hell of a fighter, and didnt falter under the pressure. He kept his composure the entire match, and made opportunities for himself to end it early. He did what he needed to, and just because his first name isnt Royce, doesnt mean he is a slouch. In fact, before the fight even began, there was much talk about him being better than the present day Royce, I'd have to say I'd find that a reasonable argument after looking at both of their recent opponents (Royce in Japan for those who didnt know he was still fighting-just not in the ufc).

Congrats to all the boys, Pat keep your head up, and Congratulations on the win tonight by Hughes. Should of heard the arena shake with applause when the announcer made an emergency broadcast that you were victorious.

6. Attila

Attila Guest

now I am tracking lol. I am getting old. you know that some times you're in the zone and some days you can't even see or smell the zone. One bad day doesn't define the fighter for sure. Maybe he was ill or having some deep seeded emotional crap going on. Heart burn or just dog ass tired. having chest pains who knows. I am sure if he is a contender as you explained he will be back. some times I miss the fight. But that is life. I bet that was werd to see to dudes bolt from the fight. that would be funny. I don't think I could ever run. well I can't run even if I wanted but I doubt I would ever think of it. I would just have to take an ass kicking and be a man about it. Let them know I was there. Once I get my meat hooks on someone I got it done with. Those that like to dance around the ring to see if I will chase them are sadly dissapointed when I would just go stand in a corner and wait on them. I am not much for wasting my energy. Takes too much to move 240 of meat. Where them 170 pounders just float around like little birds. I pounce on them when they get tired of dancing and come to me for once. I don't chase, follow or back away. Like a rock. lol A big stout rock. A hairy rook ya hairy. lol Glad you had fun wish I could have been there to watch. and pretend I was in the ring again. lol. I can be five again some times.

7. tommy3

tommy3 CH Dog

Sounds like a fun night.

8. surfercalavera

surfercalavera Big Dog

i like the graice`s jiuj-itsu style

9. I did not to see either event (UFC nor IFL) but read about it the next morning. Pat Miletich has officially (again) retired as a fighter. He felt that due to his insecurities regarding his neck (He had a major neck injury a few years back forcing him to "retire") and his other commitments as a trainer,coach, and father, it is best to stay away from the ring. I doubt we will see him inside the ring unless to congratulate one of his pupils. In regards to Renzo, well, it is MHO that he is the worst Gracie fighting today. Yes, I say that even when he his team "New York Pitbulls" represent my home state.

In regards to the Hugues vs Penn bout, we need a trilogy!

Did not get to see it but read the round by round analysis Sunday morning. Sounded like BJ had Hughes' number for the first two rounds but got careless in the third. Hughes being the mastermind that he is controlled the left and right hands of Penn while on the mat and started to rain on BJ's night. All I have to say is......TRILOGY!!!!

10. Miss Conduct

Miss Conduct CH Dog

IFL thoughts-

Sad that Pat lost! I thought that he was def. gonna win!

My UFC thoughts-

I was sad about Lil' Evil not winning, but that guy has heart, if Dana isnt a complete idiot he will bring him back. I have been waiting and waiting for lightweight to come back! If they dont bring him back for another i will be pissed! lol

David and Mike- David needs to find a way to work out the "demons in his head". i HATE seeing the better fighter loose. When Davids head is in there, hes out for blood, but he unfort. just wasnt there. Mike does NOT deserve a title shot, there are MANY more deserving fighters that deserve a shot before him. IMO Mike didnt even look that great, ya he threw some OK combos, but if you knew what you were watching you would have noticed there was no power in them, and David blocked all of them. Wasnt happy with that fight.

Was MAD that they didnt show Jorges fight!! He was down here training for it.

BJ didnt get careless in the 3rd, he had NOTHING left. Damn rich boy doesnt do cardio like he should. Regardless on if you think you know you are putting someone away in the 1st, you NEED to prepare for the what if's. Matt was prepared to go 5 rounds, BJ should have been as well.

All Matt has been talking about is wanting to win by knock-out, he had his chance, he wobbled BJ but didnt go in for the "kill". Oh well, the better man won ;) lol

Did anyone see Matt's dads face when he was talking to GSP in the ring? LOL looked like GSP was getting some tounge lashin'!