1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Support your local Pitbull club

Discussion in 'Dog Shows & Events' started by Marty, Apr 10, 2004.

1. Marty

Marty Guest

:p Please check to see if your state has an official Pitbull club, registered with any of the standard organizations and support them all that you can. The reason I say a club that is registered is because they usually have the most pull with organizations such as the E.B.A. (Endangered Breed Association). There are many new laws, and more coming in the near future, setting limitations and restrictions on this breed we have all come to love. These such laws are generally known as "Breed Specific Legislation." Again, please join together to help fight for the right to continue to own and breed this wonderful breed.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2004
  2. gator

gator Big Dog

The EBA is good org. to get involved with. I know for a long time Jean Carpenter in Louisana was the president and also an officer with the Louisana club and easy to reach.

3. Crash97

Crash97 Top Dog

Would like any info. on local/ state club in N. Illinois area.

4. Icarus

Icarus O.APBT'S

Tried the club thing here in Texas and didn't like the people or thier attitudes.

5. i am a member of a newly developed club here in oklahoma...we put on a fun show a couple of weeks ago and had sherriffs, da's, mayors and other officials come out and learn a little from responsible owners that these dogs are not so bad....heck we even had a mayor pull a ban on pits in his town...so something got accomplished if nothing else did. to know that we showed these officials something that they thought never could be done is enough for me.

6. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

There is a new club here in Tenn...its a non registry club and we went to their first fun show and had a great time. Plan on making their next show as well. We also went to the last ADBA show here in Tenn and the turnout and the event was horrible.

As far as the EBA goes lol I have had need for them about 3yrs ago now, I talked with the ADBA and they told me to get with the EBA as soon as I could, so I got off the phone with the ADBA and called them right away, which was a waste of a phone call. I for one will not support the EBA...
    BB

7. Crash97

Crash97 Top Dog

You say you won't support the EBA, but not why or what was such a waste. Please explain, I'm sure I'm not the only one interested.

8. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

I called upon the EBA because of some law problems in my area, my house was raided by sheriffs and animal control folks while I was at work. There was no probable cause for this action, and they harrassed my pregnant ole lady while I was gone having no clue what was going on. I called the EBA as ADBA told me they could guide me on legal aspects of my case and could refer me to a good lawyer, EBA told me they could not help me. 10 months later, my local law enforcement officers gave me back the items they siezed from me, including my computer, and I was never charged with a single crime. Hows that for the system, 10mos of harrassment for absolutely nothing.

BB

9. CRG

CRG Top Dog

damn, im sure there is some kind of action you could take.good luck

10. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

LOL its all done with now, no help from the EBA... ]
    Like I said this was about 3yrs ago
    BB