1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

stupid questions

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by 5555, Dec 23, 2004.

1. 5555

5555 Pup

this thread is about stupid questions. granted they say the only dumb question is the one that isnt asked. but some of these questions are relitive common sense and relate to all dogs. a friend of the family grilled me with about 100 dumb questions about these dogs. and to my surprise they were typical pitbull questions. they were questions about dogs in general but asked them in specific regards to pitbulls and as horrible as some of these questions sound he was a 100% serious and it isnt like the man is dumb he is a highly educated collage graduate.

but i figure a thread like this would help avoid answering the same questions over and over. so every time someone ask a common sense question about this breed that is normal with all dogs feel free to post it here.
    im curious to see some of these questions that come up.

2. Roland64

Roland64 Pup

I am curious as to what you would call a stupid question. I seriously doubt anyone is going to post a question here seeing as how you categorized the questions as stupid. Granted some questions may be basic, but that doesn't mean the answers are known by all. I don't think new members would appreciate coming to the site to learn more about the breed and finds they're questions being put into a thread called Stupid Questions. I'm not trying to start anything but what if someone started a thread called stupid comments and put your's there? You probably wouldn't like it, as I know I wouldn't. Maybe you can change the thread name to Basic questions, or am I misunderstanding the point of this thread? If so feel free to enlighten me.

3. XxKonnectionsxX

XxKonnectionsxX Top Dog

How about this. If you want to know something just read the forum man. We have tons and tons of information. If we don't have it just ask and someone will find it. I'll say that about 99.9% of the time, someone on the board will find it for you. Just remember there is no such thing as a stupid question when you are trying to learn something. If you're unsure of something just ask. NO ONE is or should be putting you down for what you ask. Welcome to the forum and good luck.

4. mutt

mutt Pup

i have a stupid answer that sum people say who have pits and know nothin about them...i might see a couple of guys walkin there dogs and i ask them what blood line is that they tell me american pitbull terrier...lol

5. mutt

mutt Pup

or heres a stupid question hes mean do u feed him gun powder...lol

6. XxKonnectionsxX

XxKonnectionsxX Top Dog

LMAO!!! I've heard that one too. Thats rediculous huh. LOL. I was out walking my dog once, and this guy was like man we should breed our dogs cuz they would have some pretty lil pups. I'm like thats a stupid reason. LOL>.I asked him what the bloodline was and he was like. They are rednose with white and brown. I'm like ummmmmm.......ok.. "Lemme get back wit you on that" LOL

7. SWAMPER

SWAMPER Pup

lol ive had a few ask if starving a dog would make him wanna hunt so he could eat lmmfaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

8. Roland64

Roland64 Pup

o.k. I get your thread now. sorry.

9. hawk

hawk Big Dog

That's the question that can always tell you if someone knows even a little about the dogs. I have been walking my female a guys will ask me to bred her. I usually ask what bloodline to they keep and get some crazy answers. The best on was this kid just kept talking to me so I asked what blood does he keep and he said "oh, they are pure bred" I asked him again this time I asked how are they bred and he so "oh, they are Thoroughbred :rolleyes: Though it did make me laugh.

10. JC-Pitbulls

JC-Pitbulls Top Dog

This guy told me his dog's bloodline was full blood pedigree.

11. The Watcher

The Watcher Till The Wheels Fall Off.

I got one that takes the cake, "my bitch is Brindle on top & Rednose on the bottom" hehehe
    but we all start somewhere-

12. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

lol, 50. i've had people see my dogs & ask me "what breed is that?" so I tell them apbt. but they don't think I understand, so they'll say "I know they're pits, but what breed are they?!". If they don't know that there are diff bloodlines, not breeds, I don't think I have to respond. Then they ask if I have any pups for sale. All I say is "nope." Not worth it!

13. ok so here's a stupid question. I have studied, researched and keep learning but have come across some things that seem to baffel me. One of them is the title of POM behind a name in a bloodline. Ok so what does it mean. It's generally in a very old bloodline and I have thought , well "pit of merit". But my speculation is just that. A speculation not fact... so guys who has the answer. Because it sure isn't easy to find the answer...I hear the dumb questions all the time. Although I am new to this place , I am not new to the world but have never gotten an answer to this. So would you consider this a dumb question. I don't post very often and would rather keep a low profile but this one really has me stumped. Any answer's???

14. The Watcher

The Watcher Till The Wheels Fall Off.

hehehe, thats a good guess, at least you did'nt say product of Russia!
    actually, POR I belive it means Producer Of Record...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2004
  15. carson3535

carson3535 Big Dog

I call people out of the paper and ask them questions about thier pups for sell and I get some of the dumdest answers. Like full blooded, pure red nose or full blooded blue and red nose mixed. Then in the nices way I can, I let them know that its people them that don't now nothing about these dogs and what it takes to have one and those who just bred for money and fights that givens good pit owners and breeders bad names .

16. O.D.

O.D. Big Dog

Just Plain Stupid

THE CRAZY SKIT IS WHEN YOU GIVE SOMEONE THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT OF KNOWING THEIR STUFF AND THEY RESPOND WITH QUESTIONS LIKE WHAT IS HIS BLOODLINE, AMERICAN PIT? IS HE A RED NOSE OR BLACK NOSE?

WHOA FELLA, YOU LOOKING AT HIS NOSE. AT THE RISK OF ME SOUNDING STUPID WHEN DID NOSE COLOR BECOME A BLOODLINE?:confused: HA HA HA!!

O.D.

17. Marty

Marty Guest

Yeah we all started some where, and that is why we have Game-Dog.com we are striving to educate the general public, about these dogs. Many people have no idea!!
    Theres only about 2% of the general population that likes these dogs the other 98% needs to be educated.

18. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Ive got a question, Whats does dead game and deep game mean? Is it just sort of a rating of how game they are/were?

19. BlueCrush

BlueCrush Banned

If I'm wrong someone say so.

I think dead game means, a game bred dog that has died in ring, and a deepgame dog is.........oops aw well I'm still getting the hang of it myself

someone finish please lol sorry for the dumb moment

20. CRG

CRG Top Dog

you must be thinking ROM register of merit.