1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Stubborn dog

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by Scratchy, Jul 25, 2009.

1. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

and if this don't work for you, do a motarized e-mill that will make them work but don't go to fast, a couple times on that and they will work for you! but your energy has a lot to do with it. Like everyone stated.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2009
  2. crazycooter

crazycooter Top Dog

i have one female that will only use the hide as a chew and will not play with ti at all. the other one sees something that even looks alittle like the hide she is going nutts and jumping everywhere. So i guess it all depends on the dog really

3. 40lbRed

40lbRed Big Dog

When do you introduce your dogs to the hide? When I get home and let my dog out of her kennel, she is wild. Think about it, she has ben penned up for hours and when you come get her she's so excited, she'll probably chase, chew or jump on anything.

4. Stookie

Stookie Pup

How Are They Bread

5. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

white or wheat?:D

6. 805tony

805tony Big Dog

I found when you introduce some type of rag or towells 2 litter bottle before 8 weeks while their still with their littermates that play time they have playing tug and chasing that bottle go's a long way with the pups when you put them on a sping or flirt they start easy it seems to stay with them..

7. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

my pups are 2 monthes old and the three of them just love the rope i hung in there pen, i also put a kong in there only one tho so they interact off the other onesenergy / want for it, cause i must say one of the pups wasn't interested untill the others showed him the "ropes"

8. preme

preme CH Dog

wheat :D:D:D:D

9. p1tbull

p1tbull Big Dog

i guess try letting them chase rabbits/squirrels anything that run the shit out of when they are being chased, might give them an interest to go walk or build any drive.
    For the spring pole I like to tie the toy/etc on a rope and lope it through the ring so i can play with them freely then slowly let them pull the spring. When the show no interest dont force them to go back on it just simply move along and do another thing or lock them up. It worked for me but it did take awhile.

10. williewonka1

williewonka1 Big Dog

Cat Mill!!!!

11. snakewidomski

snakewidomski Big Dog

I have had 2 dogs that didn't like training.
    One was a big male, that only liked hunting wild boars or running next to my car. Other things like spring- or flirt- pole, or tug of war, he never did.
    But he was a terrible boar-hunter.
    The other dog is my female, that never liked training till she was over 2 years old. But now she is one of the best dogs I've ever owned, and want to train her self from morning to midnight.

...Maybe you must have a little patience and they will start training if they are older.

12. Inter-tel

Inter-tel Big Dog

if you have access to a big open field get a 30ft lead and a walking harness and let one dog at a time just roam and get used to you & being away from the other dogs. i wouldnt worry about a dogs prey drive at just over a year. IMO dogs from 12 up to 36 months can be headstrong and defiant just like a teenager when it comes to training.Consistancy is the name of the game.
    Word to the wise. I wouldnt do any kinda springpole till the dog is 18-24 months as the teeth are not set in the jaw. Also i would advise against any kinda handtug games as you wouldnt want to associate jerky hand movement with a bite reflex.jmo.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2009