1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Strength vs Endurance vs Agility vs Speed

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Kerberos91, May 29, 2023.

1. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

I have 2 or 3 of them for nostalgia. Never put much stock into them like I would the Pitbull bible or the complete gamedog etc. He don't really give advice though just glorifies the breed and mentions the accomplishments of some of the older dogman. I'm friends with him on FB and I can tell he in love with gr ch El Titere. Posts about him regularly. I wouldn't use his books for anything other than reading a good story.

Ssdd likes this.
  2. That's it, he brought out the books I believe to defend the breed and he did a damn good job of it IMO. He's having some innings, I believe he must be over 90 now, bless him.

AGK likes this.
  3. Unreal mouth, I wonder if the bitch made it, looked a very hot day there.

4. Ssdd

Ssdd CH Dog

I have the PBB my ex wife who never fucked me(lmmfao) bought it for a birthday one year.

Snatched up the complete game dog too.

I just can't see myself reading 5th hand accounts when I can go hear them from the horses mouth

AGK likes this.
  5. AGK

I will say, I also view an APBT against another breed of dog, animal cruelty.

This why I try to typically stay clear of these threads most times. People think that the size of them other dogs means something. It only means something for the first 15 minutes of contact tops. Once that big ass dog gasses out (and he will) that smaller APBT is going to pick it apart. It's why you rarely see whole videos of them matches. It's usually a clip that one side wants to show to prove the dogs can hang with APBTs but reality is, if they were good at the job they would be used. They aren't used anywhere in the world except the places they come from. That alone should tell one something. Dogs that shine at something get used for that purpose. No one is using any of them other breeds of dogs consecutively and with consistency. They don't even match them under Cajun rules. Them people just want to see a fight not a contest.

6. AGK

I myself learn better with hands on experience than I can out of a book or what someone else can tell me. I love to listen to people and their stories but I also know how much people love their dogs and tend to over exaggerate things and events regarding them.

ben brockton and Ssdd like this.
  7. Ssdd

Ssdd CH Dog

8. Ssdd

Ssdd CH Dog

Nope. It was over in 5, fate was sealed in 8, the rest was just stupidity

9. What happened with Tank, how come they didn't try and make Gr Ch with him, he sure looks a real un.

10. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

What's it matter with the other 10-12 ch/grch on the yard lmfao

CockneyRebel123 likes this.
  11. F.W.K.

F.W.K. CH Dog

Met Stratton once when he was in Manchester at a show organised by the late Ed Reid, nice man with a lot of knowledge about the history of the dogs. I literally have all the well-known books from him and well-known and not so well-known dog books from many other authors. Beside breeding raising and so on and talking with many dog folks all over the globe some of these books helped me a quite a bit in the past. Everyone operating their business their own way as one of the better dogman I know of can't read or write but check all boxes as it should be . G.A.S. foremost.

Dusty Road likes this.
  12. F.W.K.

F.W.K. CH Dog

Not Ed Reid but the late Joe Graham organised that dog show, Ed Reid was there to judge. 1987 Manchester.

13. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

Looking back, he was one of those cats that if he had lightened up just a tad the number of 'winners' would have multiplied.

Mr. Calvin Krebbs would roll one today for a good stretch and put him on the chain with no medicinals, no after care, no nothing.

The next morning he would walk a dog to the chain space and if didn't 'scratch' out of the dog house he no longer had a house in which to live.

There was a guy that once was the yardman and maybe the most notable breeders known in NC. When he branched out he had maybe the gamest yard of Eli dogs any one would ever want. If the puppy/young dog leaned forward and made the chain tight that was the indication he was ready.

Granted, not many dogs made it to two years old but the ones that did had already seen the other side.

Not my cup of tea but there is more than one route to get to where you want to go.

S

Ssdd, oldguy and ben brockton like this.
  14. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

Absolutely as in life there are many ways to get to where you going. Many stories about atlas and the plumber's being hard on the yard. And in truth they didn't do any better than guys with patience lmfao

slim12 and oldguy like this.
  15. F.W.K.

F.W.K. CH Dog

Every scare take something out of them.Earl Tudor. A good bulldog man can see if it is good or not in ten minutes.Bobby Hall. Pinky & The Brain from Rapid Roy fame tested like Mr.Krebbs.

oldguy likes this.
  16. slim12

Many dogs went behind that privacy fence after everyone ate a big breakfast and a lot of good dogs emerged.

On the flipside a lot of them didn't.

That was a super spot.

S

17. slim12

No, I had not til just now. I heard stories.

I will have to re-watch it but I think I saw a turn on each of them within three or four minutes.

Her story suggests they probably did not know if she was a game dog or not. I am guessing from the stories is all they really needed was maybe one scratch after the release, if that.

S

Ssdd likes this.
  18. She lost game didn't she? But, that had no bearing on her devastating mouth.

AGK likes this.
  19. slim12

I guess. I am not familiar with her career just the stories of the mouth.

S

CockneyRebel123 likes this.