1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Strawberry Field

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by zuidwest, Nov 5, 2015.

1. zuidwest

zuidwest Big Dog

Last week ive decided i was gonna prepare a little patch of my backyard for the growing of strawberrys. size of the strawberry plot is roughly 1.2m X 7m and its gonna fit about 54 strawberry plants. now i know im pretty early with making these preparations as they wont be planted until somewhere in the beginning of next year but im pretty excited about the process thus far. ive been busy for about 4 hours with clearing the weeds and building some type of small fence to keep the dogs from walking in there. im gonna post up 2 pics of the little patch.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

there is still some work to be done, i need to plow the field (hahaha dont know any other way to say this) and i need to throw some fresh spoil ontop but i think ill wait a bit with that untill its getting closer to the time i need to plant the strawberrys.
    once again really excited and cant wait haha.

2. NYSTATEOFMIND

NYSTATEOFMIND Big Dog

You can say "TILL" instead of "PLOW" cause unless you actually using a plow, that's what you're
    doing. Good luck with your project, but that Black pup sure looks curious! lol I have acres of property, but no matter what....
    every year some way-somehow, a dog finds a way to romp on my wife's Bleeding heart plant and destroy it.

3. zuidwest

zuidwest Big Dog

hahaha they know man they know.
    they have been gnawing on my little fence a few times now and they are kind of seeing my up and coming strawberry field as theyre private playground.
    however i think this will change as soon as ive bought a net and put it over there for the birds as well ofcourse.

4. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Had to go to a wedding a couple weeks ago and yep one I couldn't get out of.Anyways they had some choclate covered strawberries, sweets is not my thing.The lady who catered kept on and on about me trying one, so I finaly did.Let me tell you they were very good and I ate several.They were cold and very refreshing.

5. bluedoglover

bluedoglover Top Dog

dude, weddings are a piece of cake (though i'm not to keen on cutting my afro and putting on a suit.). funerals, I never want to go, but i know i'll have to soon enough. i've gotten out of 2 so far. depressing as heck.

but back to strawberries, i can only eat frozen ones. it's weird, but i don't like normal ones at ALL.

6. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Man I hate weddings and funerals but sometimes we cant get out of it. Those dam choclate strawberries was one of the high points of fhe day .And hey, the older you get the more funerals you go to.Sucks but true.

7. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

Nice looking little plot there. Good luck with next years harvest.

8. PHARMER

PHARMER Pup

Strawberries have a natural tendancy to vine out & spread. If conditions are optimal you may be able to fill that same space with less plants.

9. zuidwest

zuidwest Big Dog

so i have heard actually, i was first gonna give em about 40x40 cm each but i might cut down to a real lot less. still have to figure out how much but i was kind of thinking to put in only one row in the center and a bit further apart then i first planned.

10. All over the globe flock to Strawberry Fields to pay homage to this Beatles' legacy.

100HomeRemedies