1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

strange littermates....

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by pepper_mommy, Jun 3, 2006.

1. pepper_mommy

pepper_mommy Big Dog

happy weekend guys!!!

here is pepper and my 11 month old kitty Lola.... I dont know, does she seem cat aggressive to you guys???;)

[​IMG]

2. laurajean

laurajean Top Dog

Oh you are lucky! I like kitty cats, but Blue likes to kill them...so no cats for me...

3. twiztidpitz

twiztidpitz Top Dog

Oh, what a nice pic. Yeah you are lucky she likes cats. All of mine go nuts when they see one.

4. pepper_mommy

pepper_mommy Big Dog

i think its mostly b/c we got her at 6 weeks...maybe a few days shy of 6 weeks and the cats took her in as one of their own right away. she plays like mad with them, but they all sleep together in a big furry ball!!! :) i just hope she always loves them, i would hate to have to choose one day! :(
    hope you guys have a great weekend!!! see ya!

5. cheekymunkee

cheekymunkee Top Dog

My male is very dog aggressive but LOVES cats. We have 4 & often find him grooming them, nibbling on them, cuddled up to one of them sleeping. A couple of months ago he was in the living room playing with one when it decided the game was over & left. I heard him follow it & I looked up to see him carrying it down the hall by it's head,he wasn't done playing yet!! I took the cat from him & told him that it isn't nice to carry cats by their heads, checked the cat over & it was a bit wet but unhurt.
    :)

6. pepper_mommy

pepper_mommy Big Dog

debby i almost died laughing about your dog carrying the cat by its head!!! lola grooms pepper for hours!!! its almost to where they might need a room!!! :) so funny, and gives me hope!!!

7. if you keep her around cats she should do ok as she grows,but do watch for any signs of aggersion.as you dont want to lose your cat anytime soon.

8. pepper_mommy

pepper_mommy Big Dog

thanks texas, yes by the way these two are licking dinner off each others faces as we speak, she is great right now....but i am always watchful and try to cool things down when play gets rough.

9. laurajean

laurajean Top Dog

Oh it is cool when the dogs and cats get along. Good luck and I hope they remain happy companions...

10. cemoreno

cemoreno Top Dog

My 1yr old girl Kasha loves our cat Kirin they are best buds they've slept together since I got Kasha at 7mos. She doesn't really care for the female cat though because she is constantly antagonising her. I usually put the female cat (Mai) away when the dog is out. The Male Kirin on the other hand jumps Kasha and wrestles with her and the whole nine yards. He has slight brain damage and i do beleve thinks he is a dog. He sure as heck acts like one anyhow.

P.S. My cat grooms the dog too!!! LOL....! And as for the cat carrying thing ditto to that too!! We have silly dogs!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2006
  11. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

i finally got my 2 year old dog to get along with my new kitten and now they play but i cant let them get too excited because he's really rough when he plays. My dog licks the hell out of the kitten and while he's doing that she grabs onto his snout and he carries the kitten around with it on his face, its crazy because he can't stand the sight of my mature cat and any other animal at that but loves this kitten.

12. pepper_mommy

pepper_mommy Big Dog

that is sooooo funny cemoreno! i love that your cats play with the dogs!! cute!!

boiboi i know what you mean, sometimes pepper forgets that she is bigger than the cats and has bigger teeth, she gets going sometimes and i fear one day, one cat is gonna loose a tail!!! lmao! does anyone else have pics of puppies and kitties together?? i would LOVE to see!!! :)

13. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

im gonna have to take some pics of them two together, ill post them as soon as i can

14. pepper_mommy

pepper_mommy Big Dog

thanks! i cant wait to see! :)

15. SAM_I_AM

SAM_I_AM Big Dog

pepper, I have been reading many of your posts and you seem like you want to learn very much about the breed you have choosen, but always keep an eye out. like i was once told "NEVER TRUST A PITBULL NOT TO FIGHT". They are friends now and i am not trying to start anything but you just need to be aware that it only takes one time no matter how cute they are together. and please never, never leave them alone unsupervised even for just a few minutes. IMHO

16. pepper_mommy

pepper_mommy Big Dog

thanks sam, i am a stay at home now so i see them all day and if i leave, she gets crated. i know the chance is always there, i love them all so damned much, i hope all works out for us!! thanks again. :)

17. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

Hey pepper check out my gallery i posted new pics with bruno and the kitten