1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Stp on Pat Patrick

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by kayo45, Dec 19, 2010.

1. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

Best post ive read on the topic sofar

2. preme

preme CH Dog

stp had more dogs then buck and would have been just as fine ..

3. I never said they wouldn't have stp has a fuckin army an buck was just one of the soldiers

4. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

they had more good dogs than i can name but lets play a game called someone name one of them that was better than buck, dont worry i'll wait... lol

5. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

Im gonna say this pat had to be putting out good dogs around the time buck was purchased at a higher percentage compared to the time he recorded the video

The reason I say this is because stp is a betting man
    And if he is gonna a pup he just might aquire the whole litter

And have a better understanding of the percentages than a person t may only buy one or two pups

6. Stp stated that buck was not his best just hard to beat

7. NorthernOutlaw

NorthernOutlaw Big Dog

STP matched dogs. They were one of the most successful of all time. Pat Patrick was a breeder of match dogs. He bred some of the best match dogs. You guys are reading to much into this. He was simply saying he wouldn't buy a match dog from Pat Patrick these day as the percentages went down. STP didn't care much about how a dog was bred. They were only interested in winning. I know of a Champion they had that they never bred. They weren't breeders. They sold GrCh Lukane and many others after they won their titles.

8. skinny

skinny Pup

Does anybody have info or pix's of STP's CH Sleepy

9. benthere

benthere CH Dog Staff Member

This argument is why I like horseracing better than the bulldog game. At least in horse racing people awknowledge that a lot of people contribute to the success of a good animal. You have the breeder, the consigner, the owner, the trainer, the groom and the jockey. They all work together as a team and when the horse wins they all share in the victory. They don't start arguing about how it was only because of the jockey that the horse won, or that the breeder was the reason. Why is it that most people involved in bulldogs are completely incapable of sharing success? Breeders are absolutely necessary and so are conditioners and handlers. Some are good at one, some at the other. Very few are good at both. In an ideal world the breeders and handlers would work together as a team. But, in reality when a good dog shows up everyone gets greedy and wants to take all the credit for themselves. One should always be able to give credit where credit is due. An old timer once told me "The good ones make you look good". And that is the truth for both breeders and conditioners. In the end all credit should go to the dogs themselves as they are doing all the hard work.

10. GemCityPits

GemCityPits Big Dog

Great post! all truth...

11. slim1972

slim1972 Big Dog

DITTO:) Totally, agree...

12. old time dogman

old time dogman Big Dog

Well I bought Buck from a Doctor on LI when he was 12 mts old Schooled him and matched him 3 time before we sold him to STP . The papers I got at the time I bought him were not the same as are hung on him now . And that is the way it happend Papers on buck were changed after he wone his 4th .............. :confused:

13. preme

preme CH Dog

Thanks for info otd:)

14. preme

preme CH Dog

They changed the sirer right

15. preme

preme CH Dog

16. DOGMANUP

DOGMANUP Pup

i lived 40 min from patrick, and we didnt want nothing he had. for 1 reason hes never matched a dog and is famous for hangin papers on them, if you went to his yard he wanted a 100 dollars to come look and if you bought somthin then he would apply to the purchase if not he kept for a looking fee

17. redrumdog

redrumdog Top Dog

STP was just giving his opinion on buying a match dog.Considering how many STP won. Good advise,but that is his opinion,not a fact . With that said I would listen to him though.What he is saying about percentages is true. Patrick bred some good ones but he also bred a lot of dogs.Thats how he made his money.But talking about Buck he was a pet like OT said until he bought him.Goes to show people a gooddog in the wrong hands doesn't amount to nothing but give that same dog to a good dogman and look what they do with them.

18. The Saint

The Saint Big Dog

OTD, can you post the original ped on Buck, I'm sure I am not the only one curious to know how he was truely bred? That said, if his ped changed after the 4th then I'd have to assume that STP changed it? The obvious question is then "why would he do that?"

19. Robber

Robber Big Dog

The first one preme posted is the "original", the second one he posted is what it was later changed to. The second one would seem to make heavier Bolio dogs more marketable...

20. old time dogman

old time dogman Big Dog

The Middle ped is the papers That came with buck when I and Alan bought him from the Doctor . Pat changed the papers And the ADBA allowed him to do this ? If look at that Ped He is heavy Maloneys TOOT .