1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Stompanato

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by HBK, Jan 14, 2006.

1. HBK

HBK Big Dog

Several things that have been on my mind about this dog

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=150

Why is he the only dog referred to as " Hall of Fame " ??

When was he alive? ( my guess is early to mid 70s if Carver died in 76 )

Why does he look so different than the rest of the dogs in his ped. ? ( short muzzle, Am. Bull Dog-ish )

What was his [] record? (my only info on him is from The Ed Faron book, either cold or possibily won 2 in Mexico )

Any other info on him would be apprectated. I havn't really found out much about him in the last two years other than alot of good dogs have him in their ped :-)

Also are there any heavy Stompanato dogs around?

Thanks!!

2. DryCreek

DryCreek CH Dog

Why does he look so different than the rest of the dogs in his ped. ? ( short muzzle, Am. Bull Dog-ish )

He looks like an APBT to me, the black around his eyes and starting down his muzzle makes his muzzle look shorter.

The true answers to your other questions are unfortunately, 6 feet under. Unless you can talk to the dead, and Carver is probably to busy to talking to Earl.

3. DeadGame4

DeadGame4 Big Dog

even if Carver was talking you couldn't trust a word out of his mouth, and thats a fact!

4. HBK

HBK Big Dog

Sorry, I removed my post. Didnt mean to be disrespectful.

*** Editted by 14rock-Lets respect this man and not bad-talk those no longer with us.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2006
  5. Outsider

Outsider Big Dog

some 20yrs ago a friend of mine showed me a photo album of pics his family having barbeques at Carvers yard..dog pics ...game fowl, alot of cool pics, The pics of Carver were obviously in his later years. Anyway his uncles yard was started with a son of Stompanato..I saw the dog he stayed at my buddies Grandmothers house in SoCalif, looked just like stompanato, big! He was pretty old...heck he may have been Stompanato himself, who knows my buddy wasn't to much into the dogs as I was! They had pretty good success with them Stompanato dogs..Funny thing, about 12yrs after that I had an opportunity to buy Ch Juju after she was retired...her bottom half was inbred Stompanato.. Never saw her, but told she was as good as they come!!

6. dianabol

dianabol Big Dog

"even if Carver was talking you couldn't trust a word out of his mouth, and thats a fact!

lmfao but you could trust you would be 1 dog less if you ever met him ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

7. Outsider

Outsider Big Dog

Bottom line is...ole Carver bred some awesome bulldogs, you can't refute that fact! Whether he was untrustworthy or not I can't say..I never met the man! One thing for sure is he was true to his standards concerning bulldogs..

8. lonesharkpits

lonesharkpits Big Dog

9. MTNDOG

MTNDOG Big Dog

I have a grandson of Ch. Juju that is a good dog. I have heard that Stompanato is not bred as papered, but I would'nt know one way or the other. I just know that I like the blood.

10. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

I too have heard Stompanato wasn't bred as papered, but as one said we will never really know the truth, as a lot of Mr. Carver's secrets died w/ him.

This may horrify some ppl here, but I have heard tell that Mr. Carver was friends w/ Peggy Harper, part of the "Har" in Har-Win AmStaffs. Word was if one of her staffs turned out too aggressive for her taste she'd give it to Mr. Carver. He allegedly used some of those staffs in his program under diff names. This could possibly be the reason for Stompanato's larger size & bulkier look.

Just some food for thought ...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2006
  11. Outsider

Outsider Big Dog

MtnDog..how is your grandson of Juju bred? been trying to get some of that blood back. I had a son of hers off Rushin's LilCane..He was something special, called him GreatWhiteHope..unfortunately died at an early age..

12. MTNDOG

MTNDOG Big Dog

Bred to other Bullet/Handome Jr. blood. Do you have anything bred similar? I would love to breed him to other similar blood.

13. HBK

HBK Big Dog

Yes, I too have heard the same thing. I didn't know if it was just an internet rumor.

Thanks for all of the info guys. Just so I'm clear I am a big fan of Carver bred dogs. Weather or not the papers match the blood at this point in time is not really important I guess. However they were bred there are a high number of great dogs off of them. My dogs have alot of this blood in them, my female is triple bred Stompanato up top a and my scatter-male has some Carver stuff on top and bottom but not as heavy or close up.

14. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Who cares if the dogs had amstaff in them if they were producing game dogs? Its always said Carver liked to say "I can bake ya a cake, but I dont need to tell you my ingredients".

15. MTNDOG

MTNDOG Big Dog

I heard Stomp was E. Crenshaw breeding. Definitly resembles that stock.

16. Miss Conduct

Miss Conduct CH Dog

17. wisconsindog

wisconsindog Big Dog

18. Miss Conduct

Miss Conduct CH Dog

19. blacklion

blacklion Pup

You know I really dont care how they bred because if the papers were wrong or right he sold you a fine bulldog .More breeders purchased dogs with his name in it than the other way around.

20. sy82nj

sy82nj Top Dog

carver was a dogmen that help me and you owned some good dogs of our day. so we should respect the man. no one always tell the truth. and we all know it. you and i lied before.