1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Stolen Dogs Part of Fighting Ring?

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by Marty, Feb 11, 2005.

1. Marty

Marty Guest

Lake Charles, LA -- Gloria Valier of Lake Charles loves to play in her yard with her grandson and her pit bull puppy Diamond; it was not too long ago when Valier had two other young pups. "When I left that morning I go check on my dogs. That evening when I got off at 1:30, I came home. I go back there to check on the dogs again, they were gone," says Valier.

Gloria says the lock on a kennel had been cut and her pitt bulls were no where to be found. She believes she knows why they were stolen, "There are a lot of dog fights in town in people's back yards." Police aren't sure if that's why the dogs were taken, but Louisiana does have a long history of being home to dog fights.

We investigated over the internet and found numerous accounts of dog fighting rings around the state. Valier say's it's a crime few people talk about, or report to police. "It's common knowledge around town that they are fighting those pitt bulls, " says Valier.

The state has taken some major steps to stop dog fighting rings, in fact, it's now a felony offense. If convicted you could be forced to pay anywhere between a $1,000 and $25,000 in fines, or go to jail for up to ten years. A judge even has the right to impose both of these penalties.

But for Gloria Valier, this issue is much more personal, she says, "If you are fighting them, I will find out, and I will be showing up in your yard for one of those fights, to find my dogs." ]

Calcasieu parish animal control says it has had reports of dog fighting in the past, but in recent months have had no complaints

2. TabDogs

TabDogs CH Dog

There they go with the "pitt" word agian...lol:mad:

3. Crash97

Crash97 Top Dog

What is needed here is......education, education, education. For the public, the media, politicians, law enforcement, and especially the streetfighters who are screwing things up royally.