1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

STILLWATER'S Axle ORINGS?

Discussion in 'Products & Equipment' started by swiftersweeper, Jun 17, 2012.

1. swiftersweeper

swiftersweeper Big Dog

I have a quick question. im in the process of ordering some and im wondering if the axle orings will be an awkward fit through the collar for the dog. Are they going to be too big? will they be just as fine as the collar orings?

im making a ground axle run for the dog and i see stillwater only offers to sell them in bulk packages of 10. this is not a problem because im planning on doubling up on the orings on each axle. then doubling the orings on the chain were it will slide and doubling up on the orings on the collar. this will leave me with 2 extra orings to use for when the orings start to were down on the chain from sliding. my thing is should i just go with the collar orings and double up on those like how i intend to do. i just dont want the axle oring to be too awkward on the dogs collar.

any advise on which one i should go with(axle oring or collar oring)? thanks everyone

2. IMO those axle Orings will be too big for the collar. Use the collar O rings for that. His axle O rings are monsters. You won't need to double up on them for the axle. Trust me. Your best bet if you want the package deal is to get them and find a friend who wants to split them with you. Take it or leave it, that's my advice.

3. swiftersweeper

swiftersweeper Big Dog

thanks thats what i needed to hear.

4. CBRSALT

CBRSALT Big Dog

I got some also and agree with boogie. Use the collar rings for the collar only. When I ordered mine a couple yrs ago I didnt gt 10. he split it up for me but I also ordered collar rings, swivels, chain connecting links,etc. I emailed him and and told him how many of each i needed (which was less than 10) and he gave me a price for what i asked for. But that was a few yrs ago. He may only sell em n lots of 10 now. Havnt needed to order any since the last time.