1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

stiches or no??

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by pittfallin, Nov 8, 2010.

1. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

my dog was helping me hunt squirrels yesterday and she bit her tounge...not my jeep dog but my other....heres a pic....is it needin stiches or will it be ok?

Attached Files:

2. It will be ok. Bronson bit a big ass chunk out of his tongue one day. Tongue will bleed like a mofo for a while, but not much you can do but let it heal up. Keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't get infected. A few antibiotics if it starts getting infected.

3. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

ok, never had that happern before....i didnt think they could stitch the tounge but i wasnt real sure...thanks boogie, you make yuma? heard it was small

4. Nope couldn't go. Work is crazy and couldn't get off work. Who were the judges?

5. ChDynomite

ChDynomite Top Dog

u dont need stitches but u need to put mouth wash in a spray bottle and clean his mouth atleast twice a day and u should be fine

6. That's a damn good idea! Thanks for the tip Ch Dynomite.

7. ChDynomite

ChDynomite Top Dog

no problem!:D

8. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

I second that good tip Dynomite!

9. Dunlap 1

Dunlap 1 Big Dog

Damn, that looks nasty!
    I found this place yesterday. Been looking for a few places to pick up supplies and this looks like a good place for meds.
    http://www.vetmeddirect.com/index.php

10. PeterBoy

PeterBoy Pup

that looks scary to me man !!!
    never heard of tongue stitching .

11. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

i think some antibiotics will get her done....if not ill throw some numbing stuff and put a stich ot two in it.....she doesnt act like it bothering her but i dont want it to get infected

12. ChDynomite

ChDynomite Top Dog

u dont need any stitches ! that really isnt much. as long as u spray it with listerine u will be fine. trust me

13. scooter

scooter Big Dog

Listerine should do the trick.

14. catchdog

catchdog Top Dog

lemon juice, several times a day