1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Steve White Dogs

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by budgee, Jul 18, 2010.

1. Ozdawg

Ozdawg Pup

bgblok68 to respond the Australian Cattledog is blue and has had problems genetically with deafness, also the Harlequin Great Dane, again blue and white has issues with deafness from what I know. As I'm not a fan of either breed things may have changed.

2. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

Thanks Ozdawg, I've heard of blue eyes and white color along with merle being linked to deafness.

3. BBT

BBT Big Dog

I believe the deafness is from the white cillia in the inner ear. Dont quote me though..

As for the White/BullShit/Gonner dogs they have always been healthy bulldogs and thrown well and high % as far as I know. I have high hopes for whats coming to me.

4. AGame

AGame CH Dog

I know we are off topic here because we are talking about white dogs and what have you but Ozdawg the color blue has nothing to do with the deafness issue in the australian cattle dog "The Australian Cattle Dog carries recessive piebald alleles that produce white in the coat and skin and are linked to congenital hereditary deafness"

and for the Great dane
    "Great Danes also suffer from several genetic disorders that are specific to the breed. For example, if a Great Dane lacks color (is white) near its eyes or ears then that organ may not develop and usually the dog will be either blind, deaf, or both."

So in conclusion the trait and color that causes the problems is the lack of pigment therefore "white" nothing to do with blue

5. AGame

AGame CH Dog

I was raised on a farm and was around Blue Healers or Australian Cattle Dogs all my life and i have seen some litters that were born with deaf dogs but my uncle and great grandfather used to use hand commands only with these dogs and they were terrific hearder's very very intelligent dogs and very scrappy and agile hounds too

6. Spike Boogie

Spike Boogie Banned

7. a's

a's Pup

spike boogie , my mentor is from the oakland area and has had dog's bred down from the white blood for many years , thanks for mentioning it , people don't realize this is good blood

8. BBT

BBT Big Dog

Rumor has it they are a few doing good in Mexico. I think you don't hear too much because for some reason all credit is given to how it's crossed or also not needing to match and/or post up a 1x or 2x on its Ped when the yards have strict enough call and test standards. They know what they got and they didn't get to this point by being dummys.

9. Spike Boogie

Spike Boogie Banned

Let them who don't know keep on not knowing! Better off that way!!!

This is so very true...my Uncle has said to me that many don't know how to blend the White blood. You have to have experience with the line to know what will work. This blood is definitely not for beginners....they can have all the commercial trash available!

10. a's

a's Pup

the bull boy bob and steve's white cross = a good trip to mexico

11. Spike Boogie

Spike Boogie Banned

And all that blended with a badass son of Hollingsworth Bull is somewhere close to Oakland!!!

12. doginhold

doginhold Top Dog

This is called Merlefactor and also plain white dogs like Bullterriers and Dogo Argentino aswell as Dalmatians and some others can be deaf by genetical causes!

Seen it sometimes within APBT too!

13. a's

a's Pup

spike boogie , i know the gyp ,the son of bull is named pooh , she also has some chocolate lively

14. BBT

BBT Big Dog

As and Spike what you think of the White/Kemmer Pistol or White/Kemmer/Eli ? I'm hearing great things.

15. AGame

AGame CH Dog

Ther is no merle in the APBT none never so if you see one it is not purebred and the only time it might happen in an APBT white dog is if it is albino

16. Spike Boogie

Spike Boogie Banned

:cool: You must know my Unc...tell him I say hello. Just talked to him last week. I'm hoping to see him this month!

I've also wondered how it would blend with Eli of Eli/Carver blood! I'd say they'd be able to throw some nice ones.

17. a's

a's Pup

spent the last decade with him , great guy

18. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

Hmmmmm.......................................lol

19. xx24x7xx

xx24x7xx Big Dog

Any of this on the Eastcoast??

20. Spike Boogie

Spike Boogie Banned

I've seen some thru Old Friend Kennels out of Puerto Rico. There's gotta be some in the East Coast.