1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Steroids?

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by AmericanDogMan, Jul 27, 2010.

1. damon

damon Banned

No most people do understand that it doesn't make your dog gamer, but you can't deny that if you have got two evenly matched dogs, one with steroids and the other without, the one that's juiced is highly likely to be victorious. This in my eyes is messing with nature and is wrong. The other side to the coin is conditioning is the most important part of a keep and lesser dogs have beat dogs better than themselves due to better conditioning, my view is that anything that isn't natural shouldn't be allowed

2. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

you can deny that if the person administering steroids didnt do it right. if the person putting the dog through the keep doesn't know what hes doing. if the dog just doesn't want to work that day. nothing is garunteed. theres a wrestling saying "matches aren't determined on paper, they're decided on the mat" fits with the dogs i think.

you have to be confident in what you have, fuck what the guy across from you has. roids aren't a rub.

3. damon

damon Banned

I know what your saying but all things being equal which they rarely are, the dog with performance enchancing drugs will most certainly win

4. Flipside

Flipside CH Dog

No your wrong...and your mind-set in thinking is wrong as well....things will never be equal....no two dogs are equal, no two dogmen are equal as well!
    Too many variables in conditioning too make a broad statement like that!

YIS

5. popper

popper CH Dog

i would have to agree with Damon onthisone

6. damon

damon Banned

Steroids are not natural fullstop

7. AmericanDogMan

AmericanDogMan Big Dog

Homie; I have tons of experience from dead D*ck Deca to somatotropin w/ the yellow cap. But we are on a public forum i.e. the hypothetical conversation about a legal sport. We are in a political climate where freedom is making a comeback. Get your eyes open and stay away from the communist and we just might get the ish on PPV.

(But back to reality) it isnt legal. The breed was made before synthetic drugs and we could possibly f*ck it up with roids (Roids werent big till mids 70"s late &80's(pumping iron Arnold and all))

(PS Abe lincoln George Washington Hoover all dog and cock fighters)

I.e. why the old timers prob didnt fight against animal welfare laws cause youngen's was f*ing up the sport. Doing in cities in front of f*cking commie,liberal,pansy ass,hippies. So when the hippies got old enough and put a suit on; they made it illegal and they didnt ever think it would affect them (didn't have the foresight of a eye spy gov't). But back to reality, it f*cks up sperm therefor giving you weaker offspring so if we were lucky enough to get our private property rights back; in my opinion it shouldn't be allowed in a sanctioned sport. No one here made the breed through natural selection (or made retrievers, sheepdogs, greyhounds or rottweilers for that matter) so it should be thought about long and hard on before continuing it in a program. We all like money, but for those who do it just for the dog's and to be proud of their configuration maybe they should not use em' (MAYBE).

I however, respect everyone's opinion and would like to read them so that I can be well informed: Please refrain from personal attacks

8. popper

popper CH Dog

exactly...anything that shuts off your natural production of horomones and replaces it totally with synthetic hormomones is not natural ........ and i would have to disagree about all the greats using anabolics , i just dont buy that.... alot of those greats lived long full lives... and As will cut your life short ... dont care what anyone says

9. WWII

WWII Banned

That's obvious. Also, ignorant. Especially when you can't back up your opinions by scientific sources.

10. BBT

BBT Big Dog

Is Juice the norm???
    Is that what is being used outside the US ??
    I'd like some info on this..I never needed to do roids and would never feel the need to put a dog on them..
    is this now the norm for the sport? I am curious to learn more and know which dogs did or didnt..
    I know of plenty of proven dogs from years ago that won by hardwork.

Yes I tried using search

11. versatile

versatile Big Dog

if you used steroids to win your dog should not be bred.

12. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

its used for recovery when time is limited

:slapme::crap:

13. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

Lol why does everyone seem to think that roids are strictly for muscle n strength, theyre not all like that.
    Theres roids that can retain water. Keep a dog from overheating, theres also roids for adrenaline.

I think the folks that are against them are the same folks that dont know how to use them! And if thats the case, then stick to your beliefs cuz if u use em wrong you can fuck your dog off!

Anybody that does know what theyre doing knows the benefits they bring to a doh and arent dumb enough to say, "steroids arent natural, so theyre all bad!" Lol

14. cincyboy

cincyboy Big Dog

its cheatin plain and simple if u got to use that stuff then u have no faith in ur dogs or they abilities.

15. venom

venom Top Dog

Poor arguments in this thread. The dogs conditioning, diet, and genetics will always weigh more than anabolics. It's kinda like a body builder.... If you got poor form and a poor regiment, poor diet, and shitty genetics you just gonna be the average joe shmoe. Only after uou've perfected your routine and diet will it pay off. So at the end of the day.... If u juicin or not, diet regiment and generics need to be there.

16. venom

venom Top Dog

You need maximum work out and diet to see maximum gains. So if the juice really helped that much you probably would've done sImilar without it. Ppl usually work that much harder and Pay better attention to detail than ppl that don't juice probably cuz u don't invest money into something for nothing to show for it.

17. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

how is it cheating when there aint no rules against it? Lol

If u knew how to use em youd prolly be singin a different tune. personally i dont know how to use them, so i prolly never would.

18. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

The thing is people are ABLE to work out that much harder BECAUSE of the effects of the steroids. Steroids don't give you something out of nothing. Giving a dog steroids and just leaving it in a crate won't make it some kind of shredded killer. The amount of ignorance on the topic by the people arguing against its use never ceases to amaze me. When used properly steroids should not only help recovery in a keep but after a show as well.

It's as much cheating as feeding good food and putting a dog through a phenomenal conditioning program. That's like some guy saying you have no confidence in your dog because you're working it out vs just taking it directly off the chain. There's no such thing as a completely level playing field. There are haves and have nots and those with knowledge and those without.

19. TripleJ

TripleJ CH Dog

To each his own but I have and never plan on using in my charges. I my self used along time hell I crusied for over 2 years when I was 33to 35 so I know a little about them. The only reason I would even think about using them is if it was A Winter I live in florida, and I only had a short time 6 weeks to 8 weeks to bring one in, all they do is like mentioned is aid in healing in mussle. it does make you a bit more driven when you stick, but hell a good dog has more of that in his nuts than 99% of us any way, I use a 100% nattie keep that is 12 weeks long and i have had no trouble wipping the mat with alot of jucemutts.

20. versatile

versatile Big Dog

the dogs genes didn't win and the sperm for the next generation will be weaker. steroids is for the gambler not concerned with the breed as a whole. if you use steroids you are not producing a better dog each generation. you truly don't know what you have.......