1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

starting my pup on springpole.

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by El Mexicano, Jun 19, 2005.

1. El Mexicano

El Mexicano CH Dog

i just got a new pitpup he is 8 months old and he is used to playing tug o war and i want to know if he is old enough to start him on a springpole.i have a female that i didnt start till she was 1 year and 3 months old.ill pos some pics of my doggies later

2. tnob

tnob Big Dog

I start mine as early as they will play with it. The key is using it in moderation. Just let them play a few mins a day so they dont get burnt out.

3. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

I'd wait a little longer before you let them get too serious so they dont lose teeth, at 8 months they arent near as strong as they will get yet. Dont want to have a toothless dog later on in life when you could simply wait a few more months.

4. El Mexicano

El Mexicano CH Dog

here are my pits.