1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Star Pro Dog Food

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by STOMPANATO, Nov 18, 2008.

1. spaceghost

spaceghost Big Dog

from the ingredients in the performance food, i would say its not too good of a dog food. The first ingredient is poultry meal and the second is corn (they list them in order of quantity). Dogs don't digest corn very well and its not in their natural diet. try this website, it has a lot of information and reviews on all types of dog food.

http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/dog_food_reviews/

most 6 star foods aren't good for puppies b/c of the protein content i believe.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2008
  2. performanceknls

performanceknls Top Dog

Looked at the Performance food also and it doesn't look great. When it says poultry meal it could mean any kind of bird and bird parts. It it says Chicken or even chicken my product you know your getting chicken. Example....When they are general like Old Roy, the label says bone and meat meal. By saying that you have no idea what you are feeding, bone and meat from what? Then we move to corn. Corn is a huge cheap filler and not easily digested. I would look for something like potato or rice instead of corn. There are better foods out there it just depends on what your budget is and how many dogs your feeding.

3. Come on Performanceknls and spaceghost...read it RIGHT. There is a HUGE difference between chicken meal, poultry meal, and poultry BY-PRODUCT MEAL. The last being the worst of the worst.....it could contain from feathers to nails or anything in between. Horrible choice (by-products). In fact, it could even contain bird poop....that is why they use "by-products".

In looking for a kibble, seek out ingredients that are specificly labeled..for example, look for chicken and not poultry.

The kibble is terrible. Original poster, if you live outside of the USA, provide us with your options and we will help you pick the best out of them.

4. jr102770

jr102770 Pup

what do you feed your dogs?

5. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

6. BostonBully

BostonBully Top Dog