1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Staffy doing a runner from the garden.

Discussion in 'Training & Behavior' started by magicman200, Nov 9, 2011.

1. Bully_UK

Bully_UK Big Dog

When i was looking to move a few years back my first priority was the garden for the dogs..lol..(never mind bedroom space for my sons etc.
    My garden is perfect for my 3,with a few additions and following the dogs round before i first moved in to see their reactions and any escape roots.
    I treat my garden like it was a for a toddler,looking from every angle,upstairs windows,you get my drift.
    Ive a good quality fencing and chained up gate with locks,i dont ever leave my dogs out in garden as a form of exercise though as wouldnt you get bored and pi$$ of if nothing to do,i have springpole etc what i do with them and boomer ball etc but thats just extra stuff i do.Try not to let him out if he hasnt had a good run etc as boredom will take over and they will try escape.
    If a male dont forget he can smell a bitch in season miles away,CATS are another reason,they have been with me in the past,water pistol soon solved that.
    You could also make it a good place to be by adding things he enjoys and mix with him when out there,Good luck and hope you sort it.