1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Staffordshire rescue..help

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terriers' started by Taz916, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Taz916

Taz916 Pup

:Djust got my new pup. his name is Taz and he is about 2 1/2 years old.
    I rescued him from a couple who (what i think) didnt take really good care of him. I have taken him to the lake and he just loves the water and will play fetch for ever. very active dog.
    My question is, new home new diet. i need to get some weight on him. He follows me like a shadow therefor he will only eat when i walk by the food bowl and even then its just a little.
    I found out making the food a little moist he will start eating it. I see him poop so i know he is getting something in him. any help, food these breeds like.etc

Does he look skinny:confused:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. brindlexpitt

brindlexpitt Top Dog

i dont know about staffies but no. it doesnt look skinny to me.

3. TheIII

TheIII Big Dog

Dog looks like it is in very good health shy and good muscle tone. Kinda makes me skeptical of why it needed to be rescued :S.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2010
  4. he looks like hes in very good shape. its good to see a little rib, better than seeing no rib.

5. rikjd

rikjd Pup

he looks good, he might just be nervous to eat cos its new surroundings etc hence him following you.

6. gog123

gog123 Top Dog

not the best of pics to see his shape but treat him like you would any dog...best food you can afford and decent amount of daily exercise...remember he will eat when his hungry...

7. jonnim

jonnim Big Dog

have there been some other photos taken down or summit,i cant see good muscle tone,i can see ribs and thigh,yer showin rib is not a prob as long as the dog is in great physical condition,but i cant see that either

8. Atomic Dog

Atomic Dog Big Dog

As others have said he looks well looked after to me. His coat has a nice shine to it, if he was neglected that wouldn't be the case. Nice dog none the less. Didn't his previous owners want him ?