1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Staffordshire Bull Terrier

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terriers' started by Envy's Mom, Sep 20, 2007.

1. ohpitbulls

ohpitbulls CH Dog

my first dog was a staffordshire bull terrier

2. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

Some good looking dogs in this thread, always loved a well bred staffy

3. Skeets

Skeets Pup

Very nice bitch 12 gauge. She certainly shows the 'type' typical of the Amos Bane bred dogs.

4. mw9661

mw9661 Pup

Staffs are everywhere in the UK. However they do vary quite a bit in phenotype the same as bulldogs in America do. my friend had a lovely little black pit she was beautiful but everyone thought she was a staff because a lot of ppl in the UK see all the rap videos with ambullys in or overgrown amstaffs and think that they are a true representative of the breed. I love staffs personally I think they are great, excellent with kids and pretty much all people and the ones I have met (quite a few) seem to be quite easily trained if the effort is put in.

I guy who lives near me walks his two staffs where I walk my dog and they are AWESOME little dogs both white with eye patches so they've got the silly look with the ears going on lol (1 ear up and 1 down). They crack me up just hanging from branches for ages trying to bring down massive trees lol. They are both extremely well trained they are just so eager to please it's good to watch.

on the other hand as with any dog breed there are a lot of shitters out there, pick wiseley.

greetings form England

5. 12 gauge

12 gauge CH Dog

Thank you Skeets she certainly does look it

6. jmc

jmc Pup

Staffords seem to come in all shapes an sizes these days and finding a good one is not easy as their is so many idiots just looking to make some easy cash:mad:

this in my opinion is what a true working stafford should look like.

[​IMG]

7. Bastian

Bastian Pup

We are not allowed to have amstaffs og APBT in Norway, but we have a lot of these small frogs called Staffordshire bull terriers.

I own one - a 2 year old red boy. He is about 50 lb and they should NOT be bigger than that. They should really not be bigger than 40, but mine is a big boy. He is about 16.5 inches tall, and that is also the top level of standard.

When I talk about standard I talk about the showdogs. Mine is from so called show-lines, but a bit to big. I have owned a Bordeaux Dogge earlier and my family ownes boxers, but I cannot compare them to amstaffs or APBT because we dont have those wonderfull breeds in Norway.

But if you want to learn more about this wonderful breed - cause it really is - then you can try to visit an english forum for the breed.

The link to the forum is
    http://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com/

the dogs you meet here is mostly dogs breed for showing. But they work very well anyway - at least mine does ;)

8. Atomic Dog

Atomic Dog Big Dog

Your dog needs to cut about 14lb in weight, which is an awful lot considering its size. I think your confusing the word big with fat there.

9. crazy horse

crazy horse Big Dog

Sadly thats only too true fask buck merchants ruin all breeds.
    If my memory is any good thats northern rust in the photo he was a proper stafford atb phil

10. jmc

jmc Pup

Exactly my point Crazy Horse and yes you are correct that is indeed nothern rust a true stafford who sired some equally good dogs, are you familier with the working staff strains?

atb jmc

11. crazy horse

crazy horse Big Dog

I keep working staffords and have done for 20 years , i have little time for shows , tho i do go to the odd Ed reid event, i wouldnt say i know all the working strains but i know a few good ones atb phil

12. coop-dog

coop-dog Big Dog

here is another pic of my show bred staffy.She has not really been conditioned hard but I think you can tell when I do she will come out looking fairly good . [​IMG]

13. crazy horse

crazy horse Big Dog

He looks in pretty good shape, a lot better than most i see around , tho like you say if you condition him he will be impressive not that he isnt anyway atb phil

14. TRUEPITS

TRUEPITS Big Dog

any one want to see a photo of a 22lb sbt doing weight pull???

15. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

i do i do:D

16. crazy horse

crazy horse Big Dog

yes id love too , how much it pullin

17. Bastian

Bastian Pup

Maybe you`re right. He is a bit out of shape. But he is also big and long. Maybe he should loose 8 lb, but never 14. I like to see atletic dogs like you`ve got in this forum, but I also think that many of these are too skinny.
    If I was to cut 14 lb of my dog he would freeze to death in the winter here in Norway :D

Here is pictures of my very good friend ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. crazy horse

crazy horse Big Dog

He dont look fat to me , they dont have to be super fit to be an active pet,

19. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

i agree, he looks maybe a little over, but 14 lbs off that dog is rediculous. :rolleyes:

i like the little guy BTW

20. BustaH

BustaH Top Dog

yours and matty's staffs are some of the nicest staffs i've seen got any news pics mate?:)