1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Staffordshire Bull Terrier

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terriers' started by Envy's Mom, Sep 20, 2007.

1. blazer

blazer Pup

I can assure you dp never crossed any pitbull into his stockade dogs
    as I personally went to the mating of Joss (red strain) x Hooker flynn bitch out of paddy and Slade of Plymouth. I had Stockades Red Meg out of this litter and bred my dogs tight on his lines in late 80s and early 90s

2. mixed-grill

mixed-grill Big Dog

A lot of what gets posted on these forums is a load of old bollox...have a couple of dogs with 'Stockade' blood in one quite tight and have read it posted on these forums that these dogs have Mayfield and Reid blood in them but no one can tell you which dogs where used to produce which dogs...one muppet posted on a forum the dogs had mayfield blood in them and when asked if he could prove it he said "he posted it up for a wind up" wot sort of wanker does that?...i think some look at pics on the net of dogs of this line and see some a quite leggy and put 2 and 2 together and come up with 6...most have never seen the dogs in the flesh so to speak...there are still lads out there that breed this line tight...but pretty much keep themselves to themselves...and who can blame em with the sort of shit that gets posted on the net!

3. molly

molly Banned

Sure is a touchy subject when it comes to debating the so called "Dublin Red Strain" with owners of them dogs.
    There more you hear,read,be told & take in on them dogs,the more realistic some things become.
    As for there still being lads out there who are still breeding that line tight.................................when does tight become too tight ?
    Shame there aint been a decent one in a long time.

4. mixed-grill

mixed-grill Big Dog

If you read what i posted above im not talking about the (as you say so called) Dublin Red Strain...i'm talking about the 'Stockade' line of dogs...Yes theres plenty a paper hangers out there...but you really picked the wrong fella to take a dig at if thats your angle...i couldnt careless about the paperwork its of an interset yes but of no major importance...more interested in what i can see with my own eyes...parents,grandparents and closley related offspring...like i said theres still lads out there that breed that faimily tight (stockade) more interested in seeing the fruits of their labour...than wishing on a pedigree...but each to their own

5. nasher

nasher Big Dog

Hello Blazer

red meg was a fine looking animal ;)
    do you still own any stuff down from these?
    have some stuff down off her and you must know mr barnstorm? who is still keeping these dogs tight

and hello mixed grill:cool:

6. Blanco

Blanco Big Dog

Also heard/read that there were pit in stockade dogs way back. Now I know that is not true;)

7. blazer

blazer Pup

thats the truth only speaking up for the stockade line bred by a very good dog man and friend of mine cant speak about other dogs though.

8. apbt395

apbt395 Pup

this ma staff good dog

9. apbt395

apbt395 Pup

good dog he fa good dogs

Attached Files:

10. This red one is mine :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Lovely! :D

12. bip

bip Pup

Nice looking boy you got there

13. TASOSCHATZ

TASOSCHATZ Big Dog

Ace-of-Diamonds, gorgeous dog you have there. It could be a perfect candidate for the staffs looking like pits thread.

14. molly

molly Banned

I'm told D was an honest & trustworthy man regarding the breedings he done. It would be good to know thats true.
    Whats your honest opinion on Meg ?

15. mixed-grill

mixed-grill Big Dog

3 words in the above that dont allways sit so well together..."heard","read"......and TRUE ;)

16. I'm going to search for that thread.

I have another candidate for that one :D

17. No one is 100% on any dogs pedigree, it seems most lads with the red stuff seem so touchy regarding there peds as this strain which has been so renowned for been so tight is actually no so after all. Ask yourselves performance or paper, I know what I want. We all want to get off on the right foot when buying in a dog but been as most are in it for the money your pissing in the wind

18. Blanco

Blanco Big Dog

That's true;)

19. pensam

pensam Pup

hi if you look at my casey jist look for her pictures using my user name. i cant decide whether she is a pitbull or amstaff. i get both :)

20. kira

kira Pup

hmm i didnt know this much about SBT'S tbh

a friend of mine has what you would probably call the show type, its head is HUGE, looks very bully rather than terrier

but let me tell you, pull out a stick and watch him go, this boy is a mental case
    and he real real fast, he got a lot of wind too, would run or hang on a tree branch till it died if u let it

also whenever it sees another dog it goes ballistic, i never seen it fight before, but it seems to have retained the gameness

is it the case, that some "show" types have better drive and working ability than others?????