1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

staffords height

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terriers' started by fonzy, May 31, 2013.

1. fonzy

fonzy Pup

more out of interest and to settle the debate between me and the other half,
    i know every dog is different in growth rate but approx when does a puppy stop growing in height, we know they are not fully grown till they are at least 2 years, i personally dont think our peanut will grow much taller now she is 7 months, the other half does, whats your opinions please,
    not that it matters, we came down stairs the other morning to find her on the kitchen worktop, as in standing on it, licking the butter dish lol her name is now peanut butter:p

2. Stumpy

Stumpy Big Dog

If the have growth knuckle they still have bone growth left in them. Most dogs are done structurally by the time they are 14-15 months. Some seem to get a little taller beyond that point but in my observation that is usually as a result of the animals muscle and tendon tightening as they undertake greater workloads bringing them up a little.

That's what I've observed over the years. Some may mature a little quicker or slower then others depending on their lines, environment and nutrition.

3. Mickeyg

Mickeyg Top Dog

I think there nearly done hight wise just need to develop now but think they 3 here will stop soon they have all grown fast out of that litter

In the 2 males I can't see anything left they seemed to just shoot up very quick