1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

staffies and pitbull's history

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terriers' started by DiMaSaLaNg, Jun 28, 2006.

1. blueboy

blueboy Big Dog

More than a few have travelled over and won, as well as lost.

2. wildchild

wildchild Pup

This is a reply worth a million Jacko! Right on!!!!
    Funny how the arrogance from people this type of dog faces of legality issues shares the same arrogance from small minded people like those who mind cant comprehend because its stuck in a box.
    I mean come on..right... every known dog fight worldwide is known by at least some knowitall on this forum because anyone who does [] doggn is a member here...right? LOL
    words of wisdom...Dont think becouse your in the majority that you are right!
    Jacko, tommy1985 and Activeirish you guys are putting on quit a show with FACTS and legit information that makes SENSE, BUT your beating your heads on a wall with these fools! LOL
    It is fun to watch people make fools of themselves arguing with ya though!!!

3. wildchild

wildchild Pup

X3
    activeirish already called him out ...he a BS'r keypad wanna bee!
    He prolly spends his day at the dog park with his Chinese PUG and doggy bags.

4. damon

damon Banned

Post a pic of it, I'm no good with computers so I don't know how to post them on here but I can send pics through email of that helps

5. damon

damon Banned

Facts my arse! Romantic tales of the past more like

6. OnTheRocks

OnTheRocks Moderator

I really try my best here to get you to realize how few Staffs there actually are! Any lines of gamedogs with as few dogs as the Stafford’s left will suffer. It is apparent to me that this is a pissing contest on your behalf. You’re still on about “the APBT is better than the Staffs”, well only an idiot would say different! I never posted anything in that direction, yet you keep on going down that track. All I have done is trying to educate people on Staffs, thank god other people have appreciated my effort.

Concerning your last statement, it has happened many times. Some of the dogs that are regarded as the absolute best on a global scale are no longer in the US. We will see new strains on other continents and sooner than you realize this debate will repeat itself with American dogs in focus.

7. wildchild

wildchild Pup

I think there is confusion on who is believing the romantic tales!
    Is OK...take a deep breath and swallow.....LOL

8. wildchild

wildchild Pup

tell ya what i dont like ya but Id like to entertain myself with your pics. So my advice is to start a photobucket account and download em that way.
    If ya need help PM me.

9. damon

damon Banned

I can't believe you can't grasp the idea that dogs can evolve and improve over time through breeding, how the hell do you think breeds are created and perfected? As for the English dogs improving the same, where are those great English, Irish or whatever staffs that have made names for themselves in the past 30 years against top competition the world over? Please don't tell me psycho haha

10. wildchild

wildchild Pup

Icepick has proven to be amongst the others with his lack of knowledge with the breed so why are we even taking his replys into context?

11. damon

damon Banned

I've tried that route before like I said I can send them through email I'm hopeless with computers plus I mainly browse the Internet on my phone

12. OnTheRocks

OnTheRocks Moderator

This thread is just ridicilous. As I already stated, Psycho was the foundation dog. And according to several people in Ireland that saw him back in the day- he was nothing special. He was a gamedog, nothing more nothing less.

However, Psycho´s last owners used him to lay the foundation to one of the most successful s trains. I would argue that his descendants improved way above his level. In his descendants there is more than one example of dogs that held their own against APBT!

And, again, not to get involved in your pissing contest- I am not saying the Psycho dogs would be regarded as the absolute best dogs in the world. But there are very few left. Why do anyone feel the need to slander them?

13. wildchild

wildchild Pup

He slanders em OTR's becouse he sleeps better at night thinking he got one up on the Staff guru's!!
    He's kinda like on of them narrow minded chevy guys who think chevy's are the fastest because its a chevy!!!LOL
    More like a Lemming...there a creature who follows in a straight line over a cliff to there death because there on the heals of the one infront of them and cant see whats goin on!!

14. wildchild

wildchild Pup

email em to me ill post em for ya.

15. jacko

jacko CH Dog

he is a stafford mate, tis red joe, i just wanted to see if ice pick knew . also to show that not all staffords are invalid carpet crawlers.lol

16. PitNoob

PitNoob Big Dog

didn't red joe nearly got his balls ripped off by dillenger? Not for nothing but I heard that this was the reason why he was picked up against dillenger and even though dillenger had him by the balls, joe still wanted to go.

17. jacko

jacko CH Dog

that is what people are saying, but as i was not there i can"t comment on the matter.
    there is a thread on here regarding red joe.and it does mention what you say.

18. tommy1985

tommy1985 Big Dog

the pics are posted on modern staffords r a shame as far as I can remember. I'll wait for the pics if u get near a computer or I can pm u my email address, definitely want to see these dogs/dog.

19. tommy1985

tommy1985 Big Dog

lol there's always at least one halfwit, but not out to make a fool of anybody just lookin for a reasonable discussion on the breeds abd history, I joined this forum to learn and hear from people more knowledgeable then myself and differences of opinion aside thanks to anyone posting relevant informative stuff cos there is a few people on here who know their stuff and I cud listen to it all day

20. jt ellison

jt ellison Big Dog

have seen a number of good if not great staffords that were matched and won and lost against pitbulls , some of the staffords were simply outclassed or outconditioned others simply quit cold . The truth is that the pitbull has been bred for three hundred years for mainly one thing and thats gameness were as the majority of staffords are bred down from dogs that for near a hundred years were bred for showing with little or no emphasis being placed on gameness . Ive heard all the stories about Rapparee and other lines but they were never bred for gameness and i dont know of one KC breeder that tested his dogs , over the years i spoke with many famous show breeders who had reputations for breeding as they called them tenacious dogs but none followed any planned breeding programe were only tested game dogs were used . What i did notice was that those staffords that showed to be game against pitbulls even when totally outclassed or destroyed were as game as any pitbull i saw , a dog that dies game dont know if its a stafford a pitbull or a cross of the two breeds . If someone wants to keep staffords instead of pitbulls thats there choice and to own a stafford thats game and bred from gamebred parents or ancestors is something to be proud of , it shouldnt matter if they get whupped by a pitbull as long as they are game , the same pitbull that destroys the stafford might just quit himself against a better pitbull does this mean the stafford was a poorer dog i know which one id sooner own . There are thousands of wellbred pitbulls that are good dogs some are gamebred others are not , there are far fewer staffords but those own them should be proud to do so as the dog dont know if its a pitbull a stafford or a crossbreed as long as there game thats all that matters