1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

staffies and pitbull's history

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terriers' started by DiMaSaLaNg, Jun 28, 2006.

1. 12 gauge

12 gauge CH Dog

fast company? the quick finishers i'm talking about finish quick cause their competition cant get around them, the way i prefer them

2. 12 gauge

12 gauge CH Dog

oh ok, nice dog that virgil is both inside and outside

3. brutus1

brutus1 Pup

she is around 20 months and weighs between 14 and 15 kg , but you have to see her grandmother , perfect built at 12 kg . they couldn't show her because of her weight , but her intensity was unbelievable.

4. jacko

jacko CH Dog

can you tell us more ??

5. brutus1

brutus1 Pup

about the dog in question or their dogs in general

6. damon

damon Banned

I suppose the likes of zebo and jimmy boots were slouches, meet the right competition and you wont be finishing in a hurry

7. 12 gauge

12 gauge CH Dog

says who i wasnt around good competition you? good dogs take care good competition fast

8. blueboy

blueboy Big Dog

When two equally matched dog's meet it's going to go a while. Conditioning, stamina and gameness will be the deciding factor's.

9. 12 gauge

12 gauge CH Dog

yes agreed, but why 2-3 hrs? a good dog is a good dog at 3 minutes or 2 hrs.

10. blueboy

blueboy Big Dog

No one will see much quality in any dog before 30 and definatly not at 3. When it's long one 2hrs plus it's usually because both are equally matched and it take's the winner this long before he can defeat his opponent. Either by out gaming him, better stamina or better conditioning.

11. Icepick

Icepick Banned

Well said!

12. Icepick

Icepick Banned

That is simply false... I've heard of many that looked good early on, just to pack it in when they got frustrated in well under an hour. Plenty of other breeds are probably better in 3 minutes lol.

13. venom

venom Top Dog

Didn't read all these pages but I believe them to be the same dogs... Of the same type and same job. Of course our dogs are better, they have evolved with the times. It is not disrespectful for us to say ours are better. But it would be a slap in the face if our dogs did not improve with time. Our dogs today should be better than the dogs 20 years ago let alone the dogs in old country. It's not because we are better, I'm not that cocky. Just better timing. Better place and time for the dogs to flourish and advance just like everything else. Health, nutrition, conditioning, knowledge of genes and breeding, everything has came a long way and it seems impossible for the dogs not too with the kind of freedoms we have had here.

14. damon

damon Banned

Exactly, the dogs evolve. Same goes for any working breed, they improve over time. Like I said before the dogs of today are almost certainly better than the early imports.

15. OnTheRocks

OnTheRocks Moderator

If people can´t grasp the difference between a modern APBT, and a Staff they are pretty daft. But again, if the objective is to own the absolute best blood out there- honestly 99% of the gamebred APBT´s won’t cut it either! Dogs that most people regard as good dogs, would fall terribly short in the hands of the true top dogmen.

Your idea of posting three APBT´s for each Staff that has gone for more than 2 hours is just faulty too. The ratio is probably 1000000 (one million) gamebred Pitbulls per ONE gamebred Staff around! Perhaps the ratio is even bigger! As I said before, that is the only genuine reason to own a true gamebred Staff- you own something pretty unique and perhaps you like the dogs other qualities!

If we want to own the absolute best blood in the world, well let’s face it, most of us lost that competition before it started!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2012
  16. jacko

jacko CH Dog

i would like to know how he/they are bred. and annything else you wish to share about the dogs. j

17. jacko

jacko CH Dog

in all honesty, if i were into matching dogs i would want to win.
    now as good as some staffords are i don"t really see them at the same level as eli , chinaman dogs for example.
    as a dogman told me "i got sick of taking a knife to a gun fight".
    but it is not all bad as the stafford has just gone from strength to strength over this last 20 years. so who knows ,in another 20 things may be different ?

18. HuntinSbt

HuntinSbt Banned

his is true it also comes down to the individuals and there breeding standard im sure they are staffs out there beter then apbs but on a ratio aspect its hard not to give the tiltle to the apbt now in he usa the apbts have been proving they have had the best qualities for the [] but that doesnt mean hey will always be better nor does it mean all staffs are hard mouthed curs or justt game plugs it comes to a point in a hunt that when two power houses with all the same qualities to win in the bay some times have to use whats pumping there brains and veins some are so smart be hard to touch some know how to frustrate one into submission here can be some many things that go into play from each individual dog it can be mind boggling and frustrating now there are some staffs that are the some thee very best wild game hunters on badger fox and more like i said its the breeders standards and what your individual dog has or is capable of accomplishing never under estimate nothing see some crazy things happen before and at the end the day i think there is still awesome reps of all three breeds its the indviduall dogs in any pedigree that make that breed or line worth talking about or relevant i think each breed deserves there own applause and especially the ones that made these dogs ever worthh talking about period i dont mean the show version of any three either

19. HuntinSbt

HuntinSbt Banned

also remember one mans yard from, the next can vary even if they have related dogs what one man wants and does with his dogs can be ruined in just 1 generation as it can also improve

20. Icepick

Icepick Banned

1,000,000 game bred APBTs-1 game bred Staff is a real exaggeration lol... And since there has only been 4 or 5 Staffs posted that have gone over 2 (one losing to an APBT) I think the point has been made.