1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

spring pole.....

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by bubbachuckLB, Jul 12, 2005.

1. how many time a week or day should my dog work the spring pole???i dont want him to get burned out on it......what does everyone recommend?

2. tnob

tnob Big Dog

I work mine about 3 times a week for 15 mins a day.

3. El Mexicano

El Mexicano CH Dog

i let my dog play with it when ever she wants 2 her spring pole is hanging over her cage

4. MR PITS

MR PITS Big Dog

OK. I am pretty new at this. For I am new parent of a beautiful pitbull. I do not know the concept in spring pole. All I know is that there is a line hanging from a tree with a stuffed animal attached to the end and the pitbull jumps and hangs. True or False. Please explain more.

5. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

A stuffed animal wont work for long..lol. unless its a pup..heres your mental pic...a garage door spring or similar type spring tied to a joice in your basement or a tree limb outside with a rope hanging down about 5-6 feet off the ground..then tie what the dog will hold on to the the rope..a old fire hose or tow strap works good or a old pair of jeans so the rope dont get bit on and wore out...this will last for a while..and make sure the dog has to reach for it so they support at least 90% of their weight at all times and can hang when the spring contracts..but touch the ground when it stretches...

6. MR PITS

MR PITS Big Dog

I have seen some spring poles on sale on ebay. Do you think that those are good? The website is on one of these posts. Thank you.

7. DryCreek

DryCreek CH Dog

I like to adjust the height of my spring pole.....LOL don't attach your support to anything important tho....my damn dog pulled the soffit right off my house...:)