1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

"Spikey Collars" yay or nay?????

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Suki, Feb 23, 2007.

1. PitBull_30

PitBull_30 Top Dog

Re: "Spikey Collars" yay or nay?????

Because all dogfighters use them. Haven't you heard? They're also easier to attach 30 pound chains to when they're conditioning them. Also, it makes the dogs look tough and as we all know that is what TRUE dogmen are all about. lol (jk) :rolleyes:

Those are some of the reasons I've heard. :mad:

2. Suki

Suki Guest

I sent this link back to the person i was having this, "discussion" with, and because it was, quote: "too long; 7 pages", :rolleyes: I wonder if it even got read....

ah well, can't reach 'em all, ......

3. jiu-pitsu

jiu-pitsu Pup

I dont use a spiked collar, but its big, thick and studed with brass. I got it from colbypitbull.com. I say yay because 80% of the time your going to be looking at your dog and no one else so it comes down to your personal preference. as for the reverse psycology theory, I had'nt really thought about it like that. My expieriences have been more negative in first impressions w/ the public. Ive got alot of " Oh no Fido lets go this way". Or " I saw the big collar and thought he was one of those fighters". I know there will be more to come yet everyone who takes the time to pet him is more focused on keeping him from licking thier faces.

4. PitBull_30

PitBull_30 Top Dog

I am against putting spike collars on APBTs. Especially the big, ridiculous ones. I am also against big chain leashes and spiked harnesses. Like these.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I don't think it is so bad if it is a neat, pretty collar like this.

[​IMG]

or this.

[​IMG]

I don't think spike collars are only a compensation for a lack of manhood. Because of the situation the APBT is in now I would not put one on a pit but, I think they look fine on many other breeds. A dog doesn't have to look like he is going to war every time it is wearing a spiked collar.

Many other breed wear them and don't get ridiculous with it.

[​IMG]
    American Bulldog

[​IMG]
    Bully Kutta

[​IMG]
    Cane Corso

[​IMG]
    Dogo Canario (aka Perro de Presa Canario)

[​IMG]
    Neapolitan Mastini

and people still use them for working dogs.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

However, I think a dog wearing a spiked collar, walking calmly, in a correct heel looks much better than a 30 pound dog, wearing a yard collar, that is lunging at everything that moves.

5. gootza

gootza Pup

agreed!
    I don't see the big deal.
    I like small spiked collars, especially if you've got an approachable friendly dog!.
    My sasha has a 1.5" wide spiked collar, the spikes are only 0.5" long, and it looks gorgeous on her!

6. gootza

gootza Pup

wow, i didn't even look at the date of this post, bringing back an oldy! lol

7. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

I'm personally not a fan of the spiked collar.

8. missybee16

missybee16 CH Dog

I think it's preference. My pup wears a pink one & so far, no remarks. I get the pain out of it when, she head butts me with it though. I prefer to just put a tee shirt or sweat jacket on mine for looks. They get alot of OMG look at them with their clothes, too cute. I go for positive meets.