1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

"Spikey Collars" yay or nay?????

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Suki, Feb 23, 2007.

1. Miss Conduct

Miss Conduct CH Dog

Re: "Spikey Collars" yay or nay?????

MEE TOOO! :s

And i LOVE your sig BTW lmfao

2. chloesredboy

chloesredboy CH Dog

I have one for chloe the spikes are real small and dull though ,nothing that could hurt anyone i just got it a novelty store because it was pink with spikes and i thought it was cute but she never has it on because the spikes are annoying when the dog is in bed with you!

3. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

Awww!!! I was to see pics of her in her pink spiked collar!!!

Is it as cute as Notch Yo's pink camo collar Attila has on his dog??

4. pennsooner

pennsooner CH Dog

A big ney, IMO.

5. ericschevy

ericschevy Big Dog

NAY!!!! This does not help their image whatsoever..JMO

6. thorbred

thorbred Pup

ihad one off one my dog only tmie he wore it was when we took pic that it there too much money to let the dog were all day some do it to look cool i didt to take nicer pic

7. Suki

Suki Guest

Thanks again guys for ALL the replies. I am going to send this along to that person.

I appreciate all the input. [​IMG]

:D

8. Hoyden

Hoyden Top Dog

Don't like them and I won't make them even though I do get a lot of requests for them.

If they serve a purpose on a working dog, ie. on a herding dog protecting sheep, then they're okay, but other than that, I just leg scrapers.

9. Rockstar

Rockstar CH Dog

I've used spiked collars on occasion, and I'm certainly not trying to compensate for any lack of manhood, lol. I once bought a 2-inch spiked collar for my boy, Hannibal, because I couldn't find anything else of quality in the town I happened to be in. I went home and ordered some good regular collars, but by the time they arrived, I'd gotten used to seeing him in the spiked one. So I left it.

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=206065

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2007
  10. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

Spiked, dangerous looking ornaments belong on a bike, not a dog!

11. dunlap

dunlap Big Dog

I personally like the spike collars where the spikes are only 1/4" - 1/2" long. But the ones that have a shit load of spikes that are huge...that's just stupid looking. Now I would never use a spike collar as a permanent one, but I would let them where it just to "strut" around in lol.

12. Suki

Suki Guest

yup!
    now THAT works for me, Jay!!!!! :D
    gutta start customizing the new ride this year!!! ;)
    wanna paint it for me????? and do my pipes?!!!!!

13. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

That has got to be one of the dumbest comments I have ever read!

14. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

LOL, Yep, your one of us for sure!! LOL My wife thought I lost my mind 'cause right after I bought my new bike, I broke out the cutting torch and the welding machine, and "fixed it"! I knew I had to keep my temptations to myself. If she had a clue of what I was wanting to do, and talked myself out of....well, lets just say I would of had to visit her in the psych ward!LOL

Sue, I'll help you any way I can, PM me and let me know what you have in mind.

On a side note, I do know how to set up a "kentucky electric rifle" on the bike. it's two rifles mounted under the bike, wired to a push button switch on the handle bars, and it'll shoot very fast. They mount at a crossfire pattern. Oh, ahem, sorry bout that, back to the thread....

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2007
  15. Suki

Suki Guest

lol!
    you're a nut brother Jay!
    and once i find where i planted that damn money tree, I'll give yah a hollar!
    i have all these big, expensive ideas with no means to pay!!!!!
    ahhhh, dream big huh?

tx, you're a sweetie!:) glad you're here! :D

[​IMG][​IMG]

oooops Edit here:
    sorry, am getting off track here,.....

16. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

good lord i have seen it all now kids really do wear collars.well i think if they wear collars then we should have the right to spay/neuter them because all they are gonna do is reproduce idiots and make my grandkids life a living hell i worry sometimes,lol.now the dog with the spiked collar in your post thats the type i use for my 2 guard dogs worked wonderfull when they had to run off some cyotes.first theing they did was go for my dogs throats well they got a big surprise.for working dogs i say yes but for fashion i say no.

17. 6klub

6klub Big Dog

Put one more in the nay column. I’m a nylon color fan too.

Loved the shit bull picture!!!!! LOL

18. rpk

rpk Big Dog

I don't like them at all. They are flashy and useless! They can draw the wrong kind of attention to you and your dog!

19. Rasp

Rasp Pup

I don't agree with the reverse psychology idea here, as we are talking about an animal that is already being killed because of its negative image!

The other day I stumbled on an old picture taken 10 plus years ago of me and a dog. I had long hair, Death Metal shirt, black stud belt (no stud collars though!). Nothing wrong with that, I looked like that for a long time, and if people thought the worse of me because of it, I couldn't care less. But what made me shudder was the matching black stud collar the dog had on, hahah. I remember buying that collar for another dog because I liked it in the shop. I remember the dog in the photo ended up with a nice plain red one, more fitting of her personality (an understated toughness!). Nothing against the studded or spiked collars themselves, just the negative image it sets in the mind of the general public. Considering the current climate, the best looking APBT in my eyes is the rose eared, normal sized dog with a plain looking collar that looks like a regular house pet.

What the hell is this? It has to be one of the silliest things I've seen in a long time. Still each to their own. As long as it does not come near me, and it doesn't get confused for an APBT, I shouldn't go on too much. I did like the "shit bull' term though, hahah.
    [​IMG]

20. kanediggity

kanediggity Big Dog

i have seen where they dont like the 2 inch colllars as well does anyone know the reason for this