1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

spaying a bitch.

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terriers' started by mikej, Jul 17, 2012.

1. mikej

mikej Pup

hi all.
    is it true that if you get your staff fixed before its a year old, that it stops growth and bone devlopment, ie filling out and bulking out.
    atb,mike.

2. lil mayhem

lil mayhem Top Dog

Hey Mike not being funny but no one has a crystal ball meaning no one can look into the future and say damn she looks better in tact rather than! Know what I mean???? If you don't want the bleeding or breeding then fix her and work her out for the results you want. Good luck

3. Nova09

Nova09 Pup

I'm no expert and there's plenty of info out there. Short answer in my understanding - I would advise you to let your dog become fully grown/sexually mature before you consider spaying.

4. ultimatek9

ultimatek9 Top Dog

In my experience, dogs and bitches (of any breed) that are altered before maturity, normally tend to grow taller and lankier than they would have if their hormones had been left intact.

5. thefonz

thefonz Pup

friend of mine got his bitch spayed,dont know about growth m8 but she was away with fairies after,never the same again,but i suppose in the canine world if she cant reproduce,shes at the bottom of the pecking order atb