1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Southern Star Kennels

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ssk_pitbulls, Jun 18, 2007.

1. tommy3

tommy3 CH Dog

Just to let you know, I am not trying to be rude with you. Just trying to clear things up.
    I know that you mentioned that the dog is scatterbred. However, you did say that the bottom was Sorrells/Carver.

That Misty dog is a Sorrells dog but that still does not make the bottom a Sorrells/Carver dog by any means.

2. lockjaw

lockjaw CH Dog

anyhow ok im not going to sugar coat this for you..its plain to see once you said we are now starting to breed blues...i can tell you are only in it for the money..we are into preserving the breed..wtf?is a blue.....

3. Hello,
    I noticed that you are using prong collars on your dogs. One of the dogs appears to be tied out on the collar...these collars are not supposed to be used on tie outs...they are training collars. Please use, if you already have them, sturdy collars and hardware that will prevent unneccessary yard accidents.

I would also not use them as regular collars (I noticed that you do not have a back up collar on under the prong) as they can and WILL come unclasped. You also have a prong on a six month old puppy, it's way too big for him, and sitting too low down around his neck. Same with your female.
    Here is a site that shows how to properly fit a prong collar. Also, Here is another article on how to properly USE a prong collar as a training tool.

Good luck!

1 person likes this.
  4. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

tommy: I am glad you cleared that up.

You were right about the Carver stuff, Tequila appears to be more Boudreaux based than Carver, at least IMO. As for the Sorrell, you can't deny Mistie is almost pure Sorrell. She is found in the 3rd twice. So that makes her dog 25% Mistie (Sorrell) blood. So I think SSK's claim on the Sorrell blood is valid, at least to a point. But would I consider the dog a Sorrell/Carver dog? No way.

Concrete: I did not see any dogs tied on out on prongs. All the ones I saw on prongs were leashed. Or maybe I missed the pics you're talking about??? :confused:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2007
  5. Scratchy

Scratchy Guest

SSK:
    It's the fact that breeding dogs should not be seen or treated as a business. It's the concept of preservation of what these dogs once were. Business is typically and primarily a money motivated organization. Within breeding programs, you're more likely to dish out more money than you will ever make.

Clearly put from my stand point, when you referred to breeding as a business not the first time but the second time is when I realized that you care only for monetary gain.

6. my dog is "tied out" on a prong collar so i can take her pic. she is extremely dog aggressive, and i can not have her running up and getting at another one of my dogs. that's the only reason she's on a prong collar and on a post.

7. and to scratchy, as for the business statement, maybe i used the wrong word. i have had 2 litters since i have truly been active with this breed. i put out WAY more money than i get in. and majority of my pups are with family and close friends, and were GIVEN to them, not sold.

8. Bullyson

Bullyson CH Dog

Blue=$ in the pockets of puppy peddling curr slingers.

9. Bullyson

Bullyson CH Dog

10. what's up with the peds i posted? i wanna know what's up with them.

11. Big Rod

Big Rod Big Dog

12. how would you consider them to be bred?

13. Titch_Pitbull

Titch_Pitbull Top Dog

Sorry GameBredDJ thats really a very rude statement to make

"If you breed blues your in it for the money"

Fact you dont know anything about the person there yard or motives. We may be taking everything abit to literal.

I know kennels that breed blues because they can excel in weight pull. Does that mean they breed for the money?

Not breeding for the presevation of the breed? THERE NOT EVEN THE SAME BREED. urgh

Just because a dog is a cur does not make is usless. Look at dogo's PRIME hunting dogs. Not great scratchers but AMAZING Hunt dogs.

They have stated that they have bred twice since 2003 and with T.G breeding 4-8 breedings per year and pups open to the public we do not call him a puppy peddler.

Just because you breed a dog that has a REPUTATION for one thing does not mean they are breeding for that REPUTATION

For examples game pit bull breeders breed for gameness but since the sport is outlawed may not breed for the box.

------------------

Yes they seem to have there peds a little mixed up but I thought we where here to educate?

14. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

If I had to put a line on them, I would put forth that the first dog & the third dog are Carver bred. They seem linebred on Pool Hall Red, who was pure Carver & Snooty who was 3/4ths Carver. There are small outs to other bloodlines, but they don't seem big enough to be significant.

HOWEVER ... I will say most of the known good blood is so far back that most ppl would consider it insignificant & the Carver name is so far back most would not even consider them Carver dogs any more.

The second dog I would myself consider off good lines, but scatterbred. But I could be wrong on that (scatterbred).

Of course all this is JMHO.

One thing is for certain though - your Hammer dog is NOT Sorrell/Carver. ;)

15. Big Rod

Big Rod Big Dog

wait a minute....that second ped i saw had the male named as ruger. i remeber devinben....so if its owned by him, are you (ssk) devin? or his wife? yeah....i thought that dog looked familiar...

16. no, i'm not. i went to florida and bought two pups off of ruger's direct brother hemi. i just purchased the pups off of devin. and she's a girl. also, for ABK, i get the point on hammer. so, would you guys hand onto the two bitches? or find something better than that if i'm trying to work well and keep stuff tight?

17. jaystreetsA4

jaystreetsA4 Top Dog

i like tht dog destiny! beauitful!

18. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

ssk - that depends on your females. Their base is great & they are bred tight, but what have their ancestors in the first four generations done? What have the females themselves done? That is where you will find the answer to your questions. ;)