1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

South Africa supplying weapons to Iran and Islaamist terrorists

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by claidheamhmor, Mar 17, 2012.

1. cromsboss

cromsboss Big Dog

just to add, as an earlier poster explained, our banks invest our money into these corps in an attempt to give us dividends an savings, grow our pensions and make themselves some profits

it's all about money

lots of european countries to this day still rape africa for its resources and raw materials at the expense of peoples lives in these third world countries, all just so that our way of life and standard of living in the western world can be maintained

2. @ cromsboss, I am inclined to disagree about the west raping Africa of its resources, OK, they have "invested" in Africa, and are providing much needed employment, jobs and work for the people of Africa. So I think they have been doing a wonderful job. Even our government here in South Africa is continuously advertising and campaining, trying to get more western and european investment here. It provides jobs, Africa needs it. If the west doesn't invest here they look elsewhere, like China for instance.

3. I however think they (South Africa), are busy messing up by supplying terrorists with weapons and Uranium. There's a reason why they (the west), are implementing sanctions against Iran, its because they are worried about global security and Iran has made it clear that they are a threat to our safety and security. South Africa apparently doesn't seem to care about this situation as can be seen by their actions of violating these sanctions by supplying weapons and Uranium. Then again somebody on here did say it is all for the acquisition of profits.

4. cromsboss

cromsboss Big Dog

well then allow me to clarify
    I am not suggesting that the west takes advantage of progressive african countries such as SA
    BUT central African countries are being used for their raw materials, wood and rare and precious minerals
    and the mining of certain minerals , etc... has been the cause of many many problems in the african continent, including major conflicts
    these conflicts are contributed by corporations trying to maximise their profits, and who couldn't care less about the social impact and the problems that occur from them

that's why there are terms like "blood minerals" and "conflict minerals"

5. cromsboss

cromsboss Big Dog

the west will call for sanctions against middle eastern countries to keep their friends like Israel happy
    while the corporations that support governments in the west , go in a round about way to provide middle eastern countries with arms etc... so they can still make their profits
    it's all about economics , money , profit margins and power

6. I think the blood minerals and conflict minerals which you call them, are coming from countries where there is no western or european influence or management of these mines or resources. Places where the west won't and will not go and invest because they have been made unwelcome there. The countries that have accepted western management and investment in the mines and resources actually do quite well and in exchange for the resources and minerals, employment is offered and the economies do beter. The places where the blood minerals etc. are coming from are from African countries that have sort of kicked the west out (like Zimbabwe and the Congo) for instance. I definitely don't think that any western operations would allow slavery to exist in any of their African operations, its the Africans themselves doing that to their own people. And then again it is always to achieve a political agenda. The West is after profits from their investments and in exchange for that they offer some of the people a way to earn a living. Blood minerals come from Africans with a political agenda to gain power in their respective countries, their own people are forced to mine as slaves, the minerals are sold to the west or anyone that will buy them, the profits are used to purchase weapons, the weapons are used to take over and achieve political power. Well that's the way I see it, sort of, could be wrong. What I'm trying to say is that African countries benefit from western investment, where there is no investment strife occurs.

7. cromsboss

cromsboss Big Dog

France, Belgium, Holland and Denmark are some of the countries who have corporations with interests in central african countries , including the countries you mentioned
    there are other european countries with interests in central african countries and their resources

from your perspective in SA western countries offer opportunities , jobs, taxes for governments etc..., but in truth they make huge profit margins from the resources they take
    bribery and corruption are rife in these countries
    the mining of minerals in certain countries contribute to unrest and conflict
    the corps don't care , they just want the resources and the profit margins for their share holders, plain and simple

but back on topic
    wars are benifical to those who have and will make large profits from them
    if stability was so profitable, then every effort would be made to prevent instability, this would include ceasing the sale of weapons to SA or any other country acting as a middle man for an islamic country such as iran

so I will repeat, wars and instability can often be more profitable than you believe

8. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

Lady Bird anyone?

9. cromsboss

cromsboss Big Dog

not sure what you mean Lee D

10. If war was so profitable then how come has the US incurred such a huge deficit? The US is so heavily in debt from financing the wars in Iraq and Afganistan, so where's the profit? Sure the weapons and arms manufacturers have made a lot of money from these wars but the actual countries involved have become rather indebted. I can remember Obama saying they can't afford the war over there and the US pulled out of Iraq because I believe it was getting too expensive to stay in there. Iraq has still got an insurgency problem which has again escalated since the US pulled out. War and conflict only benefits the armament manufacturers, the tax payers have to support it. I think they were there because there is a safety and security problem emanating from that area. Anyway the security problem will continue to exist if South Africa continues supplying them with armaments, that's why I think the west has implemented sanctions against Iran, they want it to stop. Iran gets armaments from South Africa and then supplies them to Alquaida and the insurgents, the war therefor continues. South Africa was not supposed to be doing that business because there are sanctions in place which South Africa is supposed to support, the US and the west don't want them to have a strong military capability because they are inevitably using it or going to use it against us.

As for european and western corporations being in Africa for its resources, its good that they are here. I don't think they would be here if there was no profit to be made, that wouldn't be good business sense. Sure there are Africans in those countries that don't want the west here because again as you mentioned they would like the profits to be coming in their own way, that's why there are always wars here. If a faction can take over the political power in their respective countries then they would have the profits that are made for themselves, hence all the conflicts taking place. So I do actually agree, its all about the money. Its just that the west has the infrastructure and the know how and experience to establish operations here, and the markets for the produce, where the factions that have been excluded do not. But they try take over the countries anyway because they want it for themselves, therefor you get the wars and conflict.

11. cromsboss

cromsboss Big Dog

wars are profitable for corps, governments get into debt and pass that debt onto it's citizens indirectly,
    so for the corps it's a win win, while for the ordinary man or woman it's loose loose

12. gunman2376

gunman2376 Big Dog

[video=youtube_share;jPi3hFwfxM4]http://youtu.be/jPi3hFwfxM4[/video]

13. gunman2376

gunman2376 Big Dog

some might understand better why there are wars, who benefits

14. I think the west should stop selling weapons to SA, they're abusing the privilege.

15. Blackpoison

Blackpoison CH Dog

dont believe that shit .... most of us muslims just wanna live and let live.... dont get to know us through media remember mohammad ali and malcom x hell even mike tyson is a muslim ..