1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Sorrell outcrosses

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by Studentofthegame, Oct 19, 2011.

1. BEHAVIN

BEHAVIN Top Dog

i'm suprised to here your sorrells ar'nt that smart, that would proberly be a first in anyones book. i and many others have found them quite the opposite. it also depends on who's been breeding them and for what purpose too.
    and no i pursonally wouldn't try changing something that wasn't broke. then again ya alway's try to improve on what ya got so some people make crosses to bring in or influance certain traits they want in thier dogs always look'n to improve.
    D'S....

2. pig mad

pig mad Banned

maybe thats it might be to high strung but like if you let em out the kennel my sorrell bitch will just run into you flat or jump up and head but you in the back to the point your on edge wondering were she going to come from next hahahaha..
    Compared to my banjo bitch the banjo is a thinker i put her on a boar and she didn't want to hold it unsure what to do she was looking back at me so i let the sorrell bitch out for back up and that was it the banjo put her nose to the ground and tracked the boar down..
    Maybe the sorrell is smarter cause she go's in hell for leather and grab anything she will be in my yard till she die's with that attitude were as the banjo likely to get shot if she doesn't start hitting hard..
    Just looking in all my dogs eyes compared to all my pig dogs and other dogs the sorrells look to be lacking something in there maybe they got no soul hahahaha...
    Not sure if it is smarts or what if i put the zap collar on the sorrell for barking in the kennels she sits there quiet as a mouse and as soon as you take it off she starts her bullshit again so that only after 1 day of being educated so maybe she is smarter than i give her credit for..

3. pig mad

pig mad Banned

and when you say they cross to add what they lack that is what i am asking what are they lacking??

4. pig mad

pig mad Banned

my sorrell male is good for maybe 3 boars but standing toe to toe gets bruised bad if he thought about the situation bit more and got out the way of the pointy end!!
    is that lacking brain or what would you call it??
    either way thats what i got him for so he will stay for ever to...

5. thank you behaving plan on breeding her to a nice cousin this spring off the top side.

6. BEHAVIN

BEHAVIN Top Dog

only you can answer that one mate, they're your hounds.
    ie; lacking wind, bring in one thats got wind etc... it isn't that simple unfortunately but i hope you know were im going with it.
    you should be doing alot more talking with R.B. if he can't set ya straight no one will lol...
    end of the day mate it comes down to what you need, what you find in individual dogs and what you bring together. id say ya going to end up with an awful lot of dogs. lol
    anyway i feel im highjack'n this thread mate, ill talk with ya in pms or e-mail.
    D'S....

7. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Pigmad its easier to tell sometimes on a less hyper dog intelligence is..My dog is smart but very hyper,he just wants to grab anything that moves ..Sorrell is a dam fine catch dog.But like somebody else said it depends on where u get it.

8. JRSPITS

JRSPITS Top Dog

I had a smart 100% Sorrells that when it came down to it, his desire overrode his smarts every single time. Once he saw what he was after nothing could get through to him. If you have a dog that takes the time to think about getting hurt, you've got a dead dog and thats where natural ability comes in.

9. Madusa

Madusa CH Dog

The best outcross by far for the Sorrells line is either Carver or Eli..

10. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Top Dog

Sorrells dogs suck..

11. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

I dont think I have ever saw any type of dog sit back and look at the situation and then attack lol..Maybe some professionally trained protection dogs but i have never owned one of them so I wouldnt know..But thats the way mine is JRSPITS once he see's what he wants thier aint no stoppin him.

12. ATEXAN

ATEXAN Big Dog

A buddy of mine has a older male he got from B and he has a Redboy/Outlaw out bascially the old timers would say a Teals Jeff bred dog. Boomerang is another.

13. i concur sorrell/eli is the sweetest cross i truly love mine......

14. JRSPITS

JRSPITS Top Dog

I've seen dogs hesitate but its never been one of mine lol.

15. BBT

BBT Big Dog

Keep thinking that

16. AGame

AGame CH Dog

LOL i am almost certain that it was a joke but if im not mistaken he owns some sorrells dogs

17. determination

determination Big Dog

Is that one of those swinford k9s

18. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

Best post on this thread. Black and Tan curs.

19. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

are you asking if a Sorrell is a swinford k9?

20. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Top Dog

I hate black and tans.