1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Something ODD / Funny I have seen my dog do...

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by semo, May 8, 2007.

1. semo

semo Top Dog

Fritz is ~7months old or so now

I have noticed that sometimes when he is being affectionate like laying next to me etc he will make this goofy look with his mouth open and be looking at me like he is looking out of the corner of his eyes, a lot like in my avatar.

it is almost like he is trying to be funny as i know he isnt being agressive. i can put my hand all over his face and around his teeth / mouth and he doesnt make noise , it is basically like he knows i am paying attention to him and he wants to be a goofball.

i will post this picture below , it is the first time he did anything of the sort, normally his mouth isnt open as big as in the picture. this picture is from a few months ago probably..

what do you all think ? Does anyone elses dogs do anything odd like this ?

[​IMG]

2. SAM_I_AM

SAM_I_AM Big Dog

nothing to be worried about. looks like hes just actin the fool.

3. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

I love that pic. It makes me laugh. It's almost like you told him something shocking.

4. semo

semo Top Dog

aye , ya it is almost like i can provoke him into doing it, when he is in the right mood and knows i am talking to him, i sometime want to get more pix of him doing similar stuff.

it is def unique

5. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

I don't know if this helps or not, but his daddy has taken to "smiling." We can get him to do it (or almost do it) when we are in the kitchen & he wants a treat.

6. I can throw my beliefs into this...lol

My dog and I play that all the time. it goes back to their days as puppies when they played with other dogs. tussling and biting while making funny noises, etc. It is a time for bonding NOT to be missed. My boy may dig and drill his head on his bed while making funny noises....lol....then he may look at me with a similar look and noise....i take his invitation and I go for the neck....lol...but serious......i gently bite and pull on his neck, shoulder, chest...while maintaining top control.....lol....sometimes he gets so worked up that he will get up and start sprinting back and forth through the house.....then, he will stop in front of me just looking........i stare back at him for a few seconds and then make sudden and short movement (like when you fake like you going to hit someone). That sudden movement is all he needs to start the sprinting again......they love that stuff.

My dog loves me so much he nibbles on my ear sometimes.....and licks my forearm or knee everytime he gets. THIS IS WHAT IS ALL ABOUT....:)

7. Michele

Michele Guest

sometimes JC will run over to me, wrap his paws around my neck and lick my ears.......what's better than that!!!!!......

8. SAM_I_AM

SAM_I_AM Big Dog

you are so right. my wife gets mad at me sometimes and tells me that I love the dogs more than her. haha. she just dont understand the bond between a man and his dog. they truly are mans best friend.

9. Attila

Attila Guest

his sister does some funny stuff too. When I walk up to her she tucks her head in a weird angle and puts one hip up and walks around in circles. wiggling like crazy. She is goofy and fun. She and Dutchess are about the same size now Dutches is about 4 1/2 months old. lol Notch is still small but I think she may hit 30 in time. Maybe. But one never knows some times the runt will end up bigger than expected. I think she is about 23 pounds now. I will have to check. That picture you have of him there tickles me big time. What a ham. lol

10. laurajean

laurajean Top Dog

You gotta love these dogs, personality plus. My boyfriend had never had much to do with any APBT type dogs. Blue is such a high energy clown. After we had had her for a month or so, the bf asked if all APBT's were such clowns.
    No, not all, I guess there are some dignified ones. It is like they seek to entertain you...
    I love the picture of your dog also, Semo, he is just terrific. It is like he heard shocking news!

11. pittychick

pittychick Big Dog

See, now I've been thinking for the last year that Java had a few screws loose, but you all reassured me he's normal by APBT standards lol!! :D

Java does the digging and grumbling and hiding under the covers on the bed and will tangle himself in the covers. He gives me the silly look, too after, but his butt's in the air and his face is all smooshed in the bed. Some times I try to be real still at this vital time because any movement sends him into the sprints around the house...sometimes jumping over coffee tables, bouncing off of furniture and walls, running into walls, plastering Dunkin into walls as he runs through him. Yea...they're crazy!! Gotta love the goofs...never met dogs like 'em.

That pic is great BTW!

12. toby'smom

toby'smom Pup

Yea, they're pretty silly. Toby loves to run around outside while I'm gardening, and I swear he's learning to talk. He'll come sit in front of me and start screwing his mouth around until he lets loose with "ouuuttt!" I'd think it is all in my head, but I'm not the only one who understands him. He can also say "no" (of course he'd pick up that one!) and "mom". He's such a little spoiled baby. If it's rainy/cold he goes and gets this chicago bulls jacket that a friends little boy grew out of. May 2nd he turned 10 months old, and he's 44lbs. He was bigger, but since spring came he's been more active. I do have a question, though. He keeps coming up and gently nipping me under the chin. It doesn't hurt, but why is he doing that and how do I break him of it?

TOBY'S MOM

13. Suki

Suki Guest

ahem, OR a woman!!!!;)

:D

my hub doesn't seem to "get it" either!!!!!:confused: :)
    indeed, she is my best friend=so, yeah, i TOTALLY get yah on that one! :cool: