1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Some working photos

Discussion in 'Photography, Artwork & Videos' started by Lee Robinson, Nov 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lee Robinson

Lee Robinson Big Dog

These dogs are Keaton's American Sentinel K9s. While they were sired by our boy Chimera's Preacher-Man, Keaton deserves full credit for these outstanding dogs, as it was his breeding since he owned the female. He bred his girl Zoey to our boy Chimera's Preacher-Man. He got a litter full of working beasts. This is a very nice litter of HIGH DRIVE dogs. Great job Keaton!

I would also like to mention the last time I had such an outstanding young man to work with was back when I was working with Prentis Wallace or the Jones family at Dragon Lady Kennels. It has been a real pleasure to work with Keaton, and I am sure he will turn out to be a real dogman should he so desire. His level of commitment, care for his dogs, willingness to work, and ability to learn is a long overdue blessing to our program. I look forward to an working relationship with this young man...AND he is interested in decoying!!!

Keaton's Rebel

(This is Rebels 2nd or 3rd session)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Keaton's Truck...
    (This is Trucks 1st session, and he did great. Truck is owned by Keaton's father)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. F.D.

F.D. Top Dog

Those dogs look impressive.

3. Kristi

Kristi Big Dog

Nice looking dogs. Preacher is a EM/APBT cross right? What was Zoey?

4. lil mayhem

lil mayhem Top Dog

Nice looking dogs. Very impressive. I wouldn't f#$* w/them! Lol

5. Lee Robinson

Lee Robinson Big Dog

Bred for traits, these dogs are "American Sentinel K9s." Please understand, this question gets asked all the time...and honestly, it is a set back. One can have two dogs of the same breed and not have the same dog. The individuals used are more important than are the breeds. You have to select for traits. That said, I will say that NO other breeds are being introduced into the program via Zoey.

6. KingFisher.

KingFisher. Big Dog

so in other words they are cross bred mutts read back that shit you posted it sounds so stupid...

7. redwar

redwar Big Dog

Who cares!! any pics of your big mutts on some hogs? Maybe some made it down south of the border to prove something? anything other than a sleeve? If not you should start posting on the HA big Mutt board.

8. bauer

bauer Top Dog

very impressive dogs brother...

9. doubletap

doubletap Banned

ive always been of the opinion the general public should not have attack trained dogs. armed forces etc find good uses for such dogs,but,when in the hands of the general public all manner of mishaps can and do happen.it matters not about the "on/off switch"! if joe bloggs attack/protection dog does damage to someone then joe bloggs and the guilty dog get the punishment.and,as quite a few members of the general public would look at them dogs in the pics and say "pitbulls"....well....you can imagine the rest.

10. Lee Robinson

Lee Robinson Big Dog

You realize that the reason the APBT exists today (as well as every other working breed or species) is because it survived the process of performance selection. You might could use a few lessons from some long time old timer dogmen...people like Mr. Sorrells.
    "If you want to produce dogs that perform, you breed dogs that perform. You can't make excuses for why a dog fails, and then try to justify breeding it. This will only produce more dogs that fail. If a dog is consistently a strong performer though, you can make allowances for things you don't really like if you wish to breed this dog. The difference between "excuses" and "allowances" is determined by performance. Excuses are made for losers. Allowances are made for winners.

For a breeder that desires performance, it doesn't matter how the dog over comes the challenges to perform. All that really matters is if the dog is a consistent performer or not. Breeders that consistently produce dogs that consistently perform do not make excuses for dogs that consistently fail. Dogs that don't perform have to be removed from the breeding program (gene pool) regardless of how much we like certain things about them. And, dogs that consistently perform well can be bred (given they have appropriate temperaments) if we wish to breed them regardless of if we like everything about them or not. Breeders have to decide what traits they are going to select for. If a breeder measures performance as a trait, and selects on this basis, then the breeder is more likely to produce dogs that perform."

This is what we strive to do at Chimera Kennels, as I agree with Mr. Sorrells completely. He also stated that you have to decide what performance features you desire to obtain and be clear about that goal. During our discussion he referenced to desired selection measures being set by the "traits," and for performance dogs the expression of these traits are to be measured by performance criteria in order to maintain objectivity just as if we are doing scientific experiments. Sure we should see and observe...and we know what we know...but we shouldn't let our knowledge lead to speculation...and we should accept the performance truths as they present themselves (assuming data is fairly represented). Bert knows dogs and knows what he is talking about. The use of this thinking though shouldn't be used just because he stated it though...it should be used because he is right.

The pressures placed upon a species by natural selection determines how a species "evolves." If a dog fails the test, it is "not breed worthy"...and it doesn't matter why the dog fails. Don't excuse the failure. If a dog does perform and it doesn't matter why the dogs succeeds, then the dog "is breed worthy" if you choose to breed it. If you select for non-performance goals (blue coat, head size, hip scores, etc), don't expect to produce performance dogs as these traits don't ensure performance. And, if you want performance, then performance measures need to be your selection pressures...not anything else. Would you breed a dog for a "big head" or a "blue coat?" Although there is nothing wrong with these traits per say, balance must be maintained and measured by performance. If these traits exist in your performing dog, that is fine, but to produce performance dogs you can't select a dog just because a dog expresses a particular physical feature within its phenotype. And if we start looking for "other traits" besides performance then we will often loose our objectivity into accepting the truth as it is presented. This type of thinking is why many show breeders have ruined or are ruining so many working dogs. It is happening today because the strong voices of ignorant show breeders influence many uninformed people...and without in depth thinking on such issues the blind quickly follow the blind assuming that if these things are popular they must be correct.

Performance selection will remove for any reason of failure...be it temperament, angulation, tendons, ligaments, muscles, drives, cardiovascular, respiratory, and the most important nervous system. Performance is obtained by a combination of features. To "test" for all of the needed features for performance we would first have to be able to... 1. recognize all of the contributing factors of performance instead of simply looking at the performance results (the sum result) AND 2. Have a test for ALL (hundreds, if not thousands) of each individual component. Obviously, this is not only impractical, but it is impossible. Instead just select for performance and you will end up combining working gene pools together.

If you don't understand this, here are a few links that may be helpful for you. If you still don't get it, please don't breed dogs.

Here is a short clip one of our clients sent us. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEbsJOunxt0 I have some more footage somewhere, but I would have to look for it.

Do you think everyone that is responsible with their dogs should be forced or pressured to stop doing what they do RESPONSIBLY just because some irresponsible APBT owners? I would hope not. The idea of holding protection trainers accountable for what irresponsible people do is no different than the public holding all pit bull owners for the actions of pit bulls when in it is in the hands of the irresponsible. If you condone the idea of not allowing others to do PP work with their dogs because it is a concern, well...it would be hypocritical to complain about BSL bans. I am against such bans entirely and instead believe it is best to enforce accountability for the irresponsible. This promotes responsibility in the only objective/non-discriminatory manner. Any other view is hypocritical, for the idea of holding the responsible accountable and prohibiting their rights due to the actions of a few irresponsible OR to protect your interests is entirely based off redirecting concerns...and that is the exact same motive for BSL. I hope you can understand my point. Instead, we all just need to be responsible. Thanks for reading.

11. hardluck

hardluck Banned

Ban The Deed not the breed. You seem real devoted in your endeavors with your Sentinel program. they look like they can out work any other dog of its size. i think i would be scared to go up to one myself lol. im not going into a yard with that and im sure the owners of the house dont need a alarm system either. if i new a thing or two on protection work id get one.

12. hardluck

hardluck Banned

OOOOPS i meant Punish the Deed not the breed...... not Ban the deed not the breed lol ...MY mistake lol

13. doubletap

doubletap Banned

"Do you think everyone that is responsible with their dogs should be forced or pressured to stop doing what they do RESPONSIBLY just because some irresponsible APBT owners? I would hope not. The idea of holding protection trainers accountable for what irresponsible people do is no different than the public holding all pit bull owners for the actions of pit bulls when in it is in the hands of the irresponsible. If you condone the idea of not allowing others to do PP work with their dogs because it is a concern, well...it would be hypocritical to complain about BSL bans. I am against such bans entirely and instead believe it is best to enforce accountability for the irresponsible. This promotes responsibility in the only objective/non-discriminatory manner. Any other view is hypocritical, for the idea of holding the responsible accountable and prohibiting their rights due to the actions of a few irresponsible OR to protect your interests is entirely based off redirecting concerns...and that is the exact same motive for BSL. I hope you can understand my point. Instead, we all just need to be responsible. Thanks for reading." ......there is a big difference between the idiotic banning of a breed because of a few bad seeds(both dogs and owners) and training dogs to attack people then selling them on to members of the public.i would like to see a vid of a protection trained dog showing no reaction to any sort of chastisement/teasing/fake attack/threatening behaviour while off its the leash,remaining calm and silent....and NOT attack until the owner gives the command to do so!!....responsible owners cant stop all outside influences causing unforseen accidents,but the chances of such things are hightened when it involves ANY breed of dog that has it instilled in it to attack a human.

14. Lee Robinson

Lee Robinson Big Dog

This is where it becomes important to place the RIGHT DOG in the RIGHT SITUATION. We have some dogs that will do what you asked (due to their socialization and training), and then we have other dogs that will engage any adult that comes onto my property. Again though, this is a deed. It is a deed of responsibility. Those that are responsible shouldn't be held accountable for the actions of the irresponsible. I don't believe in restricting the responsible (those who manage themselves appropriately) due to the actions of the irresponsible. Do so is EXACTLY THE SAME RATIONAL that some people support BSL. It isn't well thought out. Instead, let the responsible manage themselves, and let the irresponsible be accountable for their actions. This way, irresponsible people learn to BECOME responsible.

Unfortunately, dismissal of responsibility is becoming far too common at a young age. People aren't learning accountability. Without accountability, people become irresponsible. As people become less accountable, they become more irresponsible, and we end up losing more and more rights due to the "necessity" of new laws used to control society. Where does it stop?

Instead, I believe in teaching responsibility by promoting individual accountability...instead of "mass control."

15. Lee Robinson

Lee Robinson Big Dog

BTW, thanks for the complements.

16. Vicki

Vicki Administrator Staff Member

They are what they are, and that is a nice looking and performing dog.

This Lee Robinson looks like he is being responsible and working his dogs. Why not leave it at that? If it's not your cup o' tea, go back to the APBT threads, the forum is full of them. He's made it perfectly clear what he's doing with his breeding program and his dogs. Just appreciate that in itself. In this forum alone there are irresponsible breeders, puppy peddlers and members who just leave their dogs out back, never worked. So, take the good with the bad, appreciate the positive, and if its not something you like, you don't have to be mean about it.

With that said, nice dogs, Lee, you should invest in a DSLR camera, you'll get great action pics!

17. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Lee R i like what your doing with your dogs man,looks to me like your doing a good job and I think most can see you take a great deal of pride in what you do.

18. doubletap

doubletap Banned

ok,so you feel comfortable sending attack trained dogs out into the public opulation. after doing all you can to train the dogs properly.etc etc.so,what stringent checks do you do on the people who are buying your dogs,or,on those that bring thier dogs to you to train(if that happens)??circumstances change in peoples lives,but, those dogs are still trained to attack.im far from the tree hugger type,i just dont see how such dogs benefit either the bsl/dda situation,as alot of them are bull breeds/crosses,being trained to do exactly what the ban is in place for foolishly! so,on one hand,the governments have tried to stop dog attacks by certain breeds by banning them,yet there you are training bull breeds to attack people!! in the case of a mistake by one of your trained dogs you will have HELPED to aide the general thought that its pitbull types that need banning as they are attacking people,and are being used to do so,personally,i see only a slight difference between your type and the little 16 year old gang idiot who allows his dogs to be aggressive towards people in public.well trained or not,on command your lookalikes(the public impression would be they are pits)ATTACK humans.

19. unity

unity Pup

Playing devil's advocate here but, you can not control environment/ situations the dogs you train may or may not be in once the dog is in the big wide world. It would be very nieve to think the "wrong situation" for the "wrong dog" may not happen sooner or later. While i agree you may do your best to place your dogs in the right hands, we all know each and every day there is situations out-with our control happen in every community whether you are a responsible owner or not. No person can be made accountable for situations out-with their control imo . While saying that your dogs can be looked apon as weapons, you have a weapon you must must intend to use it, in my eyes your accountable for that use same as any other weapon. Just my take on what you have posted!!!

20. ElJay

ElJay CH Dog

well aren't we just a bunch of hypocrits in here! come on folks, the man is responsible with his dogs and who he places them with. the dogs serve a purpose. it may not be a purpose you like or agree with but that's his right to do so, just like it's OUR right to own, breed, work, and sell APBTs if we so choose. Get your media-mind panties out of a wad and take a step back to see what you sound like.

sorry if i sound harsh, but good grief, we bitch and moan all the time about people not liking our dogs, what we do with them, etc. but yet we'll turn right around and say the same things to someone else for their breed of choice and their purpose?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.