1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Some people....

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Xena, Dec 27, 2004.

1. Xena

Xena Pup

We were out during the holidays shopping <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com /><st1:PlaceName w:st=Old</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceName w:st="on">Colorado</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceType w:st="on">City</st1:PlaceType></ST1:p. My daughter wanted to check out a boutique so I went in with her. My wife stayed outside with Xena. When I came out she told me that a couple with 3 kids stopped and asked if they could pet the pooch. Wife said yes. So these people were saying "look at how cute she is" and "boy she sure loves people". Kids petted her for a few minutes then the mom asked what kind of dog is she. "Oh, she's a pit bull". "A WHAT!? You kids don't touch her; those dogs bit and kill people." My wife replied "don't think my dog will, she loves people". When I came out my wife had a big smile on her face and told me this. Stupid wench just walked away with her kids and husband in tow. ffice:office" <O:p</O:p

We also meant other people who knew exactly what she was and said she was beautiful. <O:p</O:p

I guess I better get used to this while walking our dog; some people just won't give the APBT a chance.

2. CRG

CRG Top Dog

yep, get used to it:(

3. Classic

Classic Big Dog

It's crazy and its wrong, but there are a lot of poor owners out there
    who have contributed to this misconception.

You will not see a true dogman's animals on the new for attacking anyone, and most true dogmen try to keep their dogs out of site (.)

Unfortunately the media and ASPCA do not try to present the best side of these dogs...there motto is to seek and destroy

4. powder925

powder925 Big Dog

ya get used to it it comes with owning the breed.I have had people call me a bad parent because I own pitbulls when I have kids.I think this is the biggest downfall to owning this breed,you always gotta defend yourself for owning one.not to metion that you are almost always thought a crimminal just because of the breed of dog you own

5. Vador

Vador Big Dog

And yet these are the same dogs that do great things for the community. I was watching a "National Geographic" program the other night "Dogs With Jobs". They were telling the story of a brindle pit who was rescued from a drug dealer (not that drug dealers are all poor owners) and now serves as a border patrol dog between here and Mexico. The handler/partner of the dog hand nothing but great things to say about his dog ,its pewrformance and they're relationship. In some ways pitbulls are becoming more accepted all the time. Will they ever be accepted by all? Doubtful. But its websites like this and owners like us that are in some ways changing things for the breed and its responsible owners.

6. rocksteady

rocksteady I'll drink to that..

I have found that by calling the dog by the breed name, as in American Pit bull Terrier ( or even american Bull Terrier..leaving out the pit part completely) it sometimes goes much better than by just calling them pit bulls ..since pit bull really isnt the breed and is the name most associated with the "bad dogs"

7. Vador

Vador Big Dog

True many associate "pit bull" as a broad word connected to any news reports related to dog bites that may not have been by a true pit bull.The elongated form of the breeds name gaves an all around better representation. The minute you say pitbull a smiling face can turn into one of great concern. But yet in some ways who can blame them. The media and government bans can be the only knowledge some people have.

8. gator

gator Big Dog

Amazing what the media can do to a persons mind.