1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

some people are clueless

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lrk, Sep 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lrk

lrk Big Dog

The other day I was at a park and this guy is walkin a nice lookin red male. Well I decided to strike up a conversation with him. I asked how the dog was bred and if he was game bred. Well his response was he is a pitbull and asked what game meant. So I refrased my question and asked what bloodline he was? And the reply was rednose. Turns out he had no clue or if the dog was even pure. But def had the thug look goin on with his dog and his oversized chain. Some people don't deserve dogs much less ones they know nothing about this is the type people that give our breed a bad rap when things go wrong.

2. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

I know what you mean,I've had the very same experience before.There's so many people that don't have a clue about bloodlines.

3. crazycooter

crazycooter Top Dog

i was shocked the other day when i was walking one of my females a jogger stopped next to me and said nice bulldog you got there, what blood is she. I told him not exactly sure but she has bolio and some thing else in her. I had to take astep back because normally it's about gotti or razor but this guy actually knew what he was talking about nothing was said about rednose or blue nose it was great

4. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

when it come to this breed i run into ignorant folk only. i dont even take my dogs to town, too much stupidity there

5. synno2004

synno2004 Top Dog

I once asked a pitbull owner. Do you have his pedigree??????

NAAAAAA!! Thats cheap food, I feed him NUTRO!!!.........:D:D:D:D:D

6. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

Not to defend these people or anything but not everyone is a die hard APBT fancier that owns this breed, Some people just want a dog for merely for a pet and just by chance got a APBT (or come incarnation of them) and don't care about what all of us dog nerds care about.....Just food for though;)

7. Rocko

Rocko Big Dog

we have a "nature" trail (its paved and runs next to the city) and the last time I was out there riding my bicycle pass some kid w/ his dog on a chain walking down it...glad to see it on a "leash" and the dog looked healty but the cain was about 4ft long and some of the biggest links I have ever seen on a dog, it had to wiegh 15-20lbs...i still looked over and nodded and said nice looking dog and the guy just stared at me for a moment and turned the other way.....he was soooo ganster:rolleyes:

8. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

most answers I get is he is from boudreaux/rednose

then I say what kind of blood is the red nose from

you know the rednose bloodline

then I say :confused::confused::confused::eek:OHHHHH
    that one as I walk away tryn to bite my tongue to keep from laughing

9. CLKENNELS

CLKENNELS Top Dog

Anybody ever heard of vick line? That's one of the newer lines of APBT..

10. williewonka1

williewonka1 Big Dog

vick line... o yeah its all over northern cali right now. ever since sports illustrated stated that some of vicks dog came here, vick bloodline is all over. im not jumpin on any of it untill they cross it with the bluenose/gatormouff blood.

11. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

might be on to something there LOL LOL LOL

12. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

hey man, whos side you on? us nerds are the ones who are gonna keep this breed true if them damn idiots dont f*ck it up. they wanna dog, get a lab!:D im just bustin ur balls, but ya gotta admit, i got a mother f*ckin point

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2009
  13. Is it soo wrong not to know EVERY detail??

Do you know the entire history of your car? or it's maker?
    What about your tv?
    Your neighborhood? Your state?

Don't get me wrong, I feel against those who have given these dogs a bad name, I mean I live it every day...

14. k_pbs

k_pbs Pup

My thought about that is that if someone has a dog, be it a pet or working dog, of a breed endangered due to the popularisation and exploatation of them it should be because that person has a very special interest for that breed.
    If someone just wants a dog, there are so many other breeds, not in the same situation, to choose from.
    You should imo not have an APBT if you donĀ“t have any interest in knowing and respecting what you have, both the breed and the individual dog. A person who does most likely will also know the bloodlines of the dog.

Of course it is not always possible to know anything about a f.ex. shelter dog. But in that case it should not be said it is a pitbull either.

Excuse me if I am stupid but is that a joke?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2009
  15. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

I think APBT owners need to know the history(doesen't hurt to know your car,state or TV's history either,knowledge is good)Knowing the history might keep someone from getting a bulldog and then taking them to the park to socialize with other dogs,or have their "pack" as Ceaser Milan likes to call it,from running loose in the house and then coming home from a day at work to find 1 or 2 dead dogs.Might let someone know they need to keep a breaking stick,or figure out why old Rover turned on when he hadn't ever showed aggression before.Knowledge is not a bad thing.When these dogs were in the hands of knowledgeable dogmen,you didn't have BSL and all the stigma associated with the APBT.Now that we have people leading pumpkin headed pigs around with spiked collars that only know what color their dog is or call it a purplenosed gatormouf of whatever look what we have to deal with.It's the unlearned people that cause the problems.If you know what you have,you can better deal with it.And it doesn't take alot of effort to learn,so why not?

16. You can't change the topic from bloodline to history, might just be me, but I think there's a fine line between the two

I'm simply saying, not everyone who owns pits does a case study on the dog!
    I'd like to think that before ANYONE gets a dog they look into what breed best suits their lifestyle and how they can best provide for the dog's interests. Sure not everyone does that, but following a bloodline is not the same as knowing the breed and it's temperment issues.
    Btw since breaking sticks are illegal in some states/ counties there are other resources to break up a dog fight....as far as leaving dogs unsupervised, idk who in the right mind would leave any dogs of this breed to their own devices.
    As far as these dogs never having these issues when they were handled and bred by only good dogmen I'd also think that untrue. Back in the day having an aggresive or what have you wasn't looked down upon, and was certainly not portrayed as it is here in society. It's clear that these dogs and their nature does not change, society does and has.:cool:

17. HighCoastHiker

HighCoastHiker Top Dog

Are you really this bored?

18. no I'm REALLY in such disbelief of the people on here...is it really necessary for you to be a d**k??

19. loyal5375

loyal5375 Pup

I spent a lot of time reading posts and the history of these dogs before I EVER thought about posting dumb s**t.

I wish you would have done the same. That is why I am a D**K.

20. jamminbce

jamminbce Pup

I was gonna post the same thing about reading ALOT and LEARNING before you just jump in with the sharks but I saw where this was headed. Obviously something touched a nerve.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.