1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Some of the Great bloodlines, Can I get some pics?

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by Hells Bells, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Hells Bells

Hells Bells Top Dog

Ok you guys are right, I had a different view of what you guys are considering game bred or game line.. I get these words confused and everyone seems to mean something different. Really I want a nice ADBA type dog that can still show in the UKC. Maybe not from game parents or game bred parents. I'm not sure how you word that all. I just want a male thats less than 60lbs preferably 50's. I know I can't handle a dog that busts out of crates, I had a pit mix who I was taking care of, break down Helena's cage and chew the wires off the top. What bloodlines should I be looking for?

Confused. :confused: Can someone tell me the difference between game-bred, game-lines and just having a historical ped?

2. Turner

Turner Big Dog

Go to UKC events. Find some blood you like there. They are *usually* more docile than game bred. You would just have to condition for ADBA and fatten up for UKC... weird huh? lmao!

PM me and I can try to find some example kennels for you to browse through. ;)

3. frenchie1936

frenchie1936 Guest

i'm not bashing here, but you are absolutely right. this is absurd. however, with "appropriate" experience you one day could own a game-dog.

4. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

just get yourself a nice breed dog you can handle.dont pay any mind about peds, game this game that a lot of game breed dogs will never be game anyways just a nice ped to look at. start looking into staffy's thar small and look just like adba dogs or patterdales thay are hard as hell and like 10/20 pounds.you can get them from game lines a guy named somthing FOX or g. hammonds they were good dogmen and put out some nice dogs so there patt's should be just as good.

5. Hells Bells

Hells Bells Top Dog

I want an American Pit Bull Terrier.UKC/ADBA registered. ;) I can handle them, I handle one daily.

6. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

........?....?....explain please

7. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

I could sell you a mutt and you would not know the difrence. or a staffy or a patt and you still would not know the difrence.All I can tell you is UNLEARN.Im done

8. Hells Bells

Hells Bells Top Dog

I know what a patterdale is and a staffordshire bull terrier and an amstaff. I have read a lot. This is pretty much the only thing I do because I'm home alone all day and read about dogs... If I'm not doing that I'm training or exercising my pit bull.

Explain what? I own a pit bull... explained.

9. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

''pretty much the only thing I do because I'm home alone all day and read about dogs''. you need a JOB dont worry about a dang dog go to school there you can read books all day. these dog books ain't teaching you anything

10. Bobby Rooster

Bobby Rooster CH Dog

What I THINK the problem is YOU THINK you know more than you really do... About EVERY THING because you read it.... Reading about things and DOing and experiencing things are TOTALLY different....

11. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

Great F-in Posts!^^^^^

12. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

you own a PetBull, i own APBTs...DO YOU UNDERSTAND??? i give up,i think we are gettin nowhere, im done. give her years, and experience...she ll know then

13. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

after some serious experience

14. Hells Bells

Hells Bells Top Dog

This is none of your business, but I have a medical condition that keeps me from being able to hold any type of steady employment.

I've always read a lot of things about what I'm interested in all my life so I'm prepared when I get to the point of owning something. Ask me anything about mustangs, dogs or horses and I can answer most of your questions.

I compared thoroughbred and Arabian horses to game bred dogs because they were bred to be the fastest, high drive horses. Have any of you ever ridden a horse in an english saddle that had so much drive that you had blisters on your hands after getting off because the horse pulled so much to get out of the bit to take off and run for hours. I never came off that horse, she stomped down on my foot and refused to move. She did a lot of mean things but I still loved her. My own TB was flighty and full of energy. He was a goof and sometimes spooked at the most unusual things.. such as one time a fence post. He got me off his back that time but it took him a lot of trying. I've fallen off a horse less than 5 times and I've been riding over 10 years and always high drive, green horses, if I was lucky a well trained one. But beggers can't be choosers when you want to ride but don't own a horse.

Horse racing is still a legal animal competition sport and will hopefully go on if Peta bs doesn't step in. Throughbreds are the ultimate racing horses as pit bulls are the ultimate fighting dogs. Which is the only reason I made the comparison. I don't give up and I am determined with my animals. I fall off I get back on. Horse wants to run? You make him walk, only until YOU give him the signal to go faster. Just like when I was training Helena to heel. I made her sit and made it clear she wasn't going any further unless she walked at my pace.

I can handle 1,000 plus pound pure spirited horses. I didn't own this TB either but there was a young gorgeous huge TB colt that had quite the knack for hurting himself becuase of how high drive he was.

You don't get on a bulldogs back and tell them what to do and hope you don't hit the ground.

You snap on a leash to a well constructed collar, keep them to where they can't escape and keep your eye on them at all times. If they are DA they don't play with other dogs. If they are human friendly than no worries of one going crazy and attacking a person like a "pet bull or byb dog" right? Ofcourse this is not true.

I can control a horse being unruley on his lead trying to pull out of my hands and stepping around but I can't handle a 45lb dog?

I might not be ready to own a bulldog now, but I wasn't always ready to take a thoroughbred out on a cross country course at a near gallop jumping jumps or retraining an unruley Arabian mare. But I did.

15. Hells Bells

Hells Bells Top Dog

I went back to read over this thread and actually this is a very kind response that I don't feel judged by. Hemi I would much like to know what bloodlines I should be checking out for a "show" and "go" dog without being over the top that fits in nicely with the ADBA look. Thats all I want. I'm sorry I thought ADBA dogs were more game line and that I needed a game line dog if I wanted an ADBA dog.
    BTW I love your dog Hemi.

16. Mott's APBT's

Mott's APBT's Big Dog

First of all "Adba Type dog" is pretty vauge with all the mutts being shown at adba events these days.If i were in youre shoes i would be looking toward the newer show quality of the OFRN strain(IE. Red Danger,NEWER sarona,etc..).Also for the whole "Show and Go" thing you may look into Tnt Blue trouble dogs.Gamedogs are whole different story.Youre looking at high percentages of DA and very high uncontrolable(At times) Drive.Also rember DA does not equal game. Now on the completely different end of the spectrum.These rules dont always apply.I have had staffs that would take a dogs head off if they were alowed the chance.Remember at one time there wasnt much difference between amstaffs and apbts.So you really never know.You have to be prepared reguardless of what you decide to get.Another thing to consider is a dog very heavily inbred.In MY experiance inbreeding heavily kills almost all dog aggression.Usually makes for a more docile dog to be used as brood.But still this is not always the case.

Stick around the board,theres alot of knowledgable folks around here.Also go spend a day on a gamebred dog yard and youll see what everyone has been saying.Good luck.

17. PurePit19

PurePit19 CH Dog

18. StopBSL

StopBSL Top Dog

I think what they want to say, and most aren't saying very well, is that you should go to shows and meet people who have real bulldogs and see how you like those dogs' temperaments. In your area you can attend AADR and ADBA shows I am sure. UKC shows won't show you diddly squat about gamedogs.

I know you like the matrix kennels dogs. . . but, they are show and working bred dogs I am pretty sure. Meaning, they haven't been in the [] in the last few generations. If that is what you are looking for, fine, good, but be sure that is what you get then. Because believe me, if you end up with a dog from the boyles, patrick or boudreaux lines (to name a few) who is actually "game bred" you may be rather shocked.

A great way to learn would be to get to know some game dog breeders in your area (by attending adba and aadr shows and talking to them) and see if you can help them in their daily kennel operations for a while. If you can find someone who will trust you then you can see all the realities of owning these dogs.

If you lived near me I'd say you're welcome to come and deal with Mush Mouth every day for a week and see how that goes. Because I have cold dogs and hot dogs and I have to say that there is a huge difference. A cold dog is trained and you can trust it not to attack another dog. A hot dog is trained and may know NOT to attack other dogs, but they may not always listen to that training. And then will you be ready?

I really wish you luck though. A gamedog is wonderful in their intensity and love for humans. But, if you aren't truly knowing, from experience, what you are getting it can be very very hard.

19. Hells Bells

Hells Bells Top Dog

Thanks, I will check out the lines you listed. When I say ADBA dog I mean a lean muscular dog with a nice head piece around 30 to 50lbs. Color isn't important but I do like chocolate dogs.

20. Hells Bells

Hells Bells Top Dog

Thanks much for the advice, I do want a show/working bred dog. I'm sorry I was confused that these dogs are mostly of game lines. But didn't every line come from a game line somewhere?