1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Some of the Great bloodlines, Can I get some pics?

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by Hells Bells, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

dont take it so hard, some of your posts on this thread and others just seem like your not ready...we are all students of the breed. meet some people, get more exposure

2. Hells Bells

Hells Bells Top Dog

Well woody that's what I'm trying to tell you. I won't be ready for another dog until 3 maybe 5 years. I have about 2 years of forum and reading up on pit bulls under my belt so far and have made a great dog out of the one I have. She might be a byb but that doesn't mean my dog isn't the same breed as yours, just because she's playful. What if I pick up a UKC dog first and do some things with it and Helena too and see where I am when I am ready to get another puppy.

I just wanted to see pics of dogs of different bloodlines because I wanted to put peds with faces. And maybe I didn't make it clear enough. I'm not getting any kind of dog for 3 to 5 years. This will be a well planned out dog.

3. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

no, YOUR dog isnt the same what mine are. i know how my dogs are bred look around here, im not afraid to post some peds. not trying to be a jerk, and im not dissing your dog....but thats why i think you need some years under your belt before you get a game bred. ive got my years, and im learning daily still from not only the dogs i got now, but from people on here. youre on the right site, soak all u can up. yours is a petbull. BIG DIFFERENCE. pm me, ill answer any questions youve got.

4. Hells Bells

Hells Bells Top Dog

I know the difference between a game dog and what you call a pet bull. I don't care what you call her but her name is Helena. And she's my dog,and she's a damn good one.

5. BKNLS

BKNLS Guest

knowing the difference between the two strains is one thing. The question you should be asking yourself is; when my new game-bred dog turns on and gets ahold of my petbull, am I'm prepared physically and emotionally to deal with the outcome??????

A kennel accident can most definately result in the death of one of these animals most likely your pet. A few years of participating on this forum does not qualify you to own a bulldog.

There is already enough problems with this breed. Anyone who's calling themselves a dogman should never place one of their animals in the hands of someone like you. Nothing personal.

6. Hells Bells

Hells Bells Top Dog

Can we get this thread back on it's topic please? I have read countless things about pit bulls being in multiple house holds and how it's happened and what to do, never leave two dogs alone together. I monitor my dog like a hawk already and shes alone. I know about breaking sticks, I need to learn to use one, looks like I've got some time. And I've got some more time to learn about it even more! I've been a member of 3 pit bull forums for over 2 years and have got a lot of knowledge on keeping multiple dogs.

I have managed and ridden some pretty hot blooded horses. I have a knack for handling them. So maybe I do for hot blooded dogs in the same way.

7. BKNLS

BKNLS Guest

wow...:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

8. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

Having hot horses cannot compare to bulldogs and reading about separating 2 battling bulldogs or keeping them separate is very different than actually doing it.

9. Hells Bells

Hells Bells Top Dog

So... at 22 years old I'll never be able to develop the experience to deal with these problems? Especially if I meet some dog people at shows and gain knowledge from them as well.

Everyones got to start somewhere.

10. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

This a perfect example of why we as bulldogers should never sell our dogs to the gen public. and people who sell to people like this need to be CULLED ASAP. comparing horse to dogs is nuts!!!!

11. Hells Bells

Hells Bells Top Dog

Thanks everyone on page 1 for posting the peds. It was nice to put some ped names with dogs.

12. bohawg00

bohawg00 Big Dog

I'd say that listening to what is said and understand why it's said instead of trying to validate yourself would be a great start towards getting educated rather than criticized. You are not experienced with these dogs we know this and so do you. Some of these guys are coming off as harsh but your not helping your cause. Now that being said, if you don't like the things that are required to properly and safely maintain these dogs (because they are more maintenance than most are willing to put forth) especially in a multiple dog household then maybe the gamebred really aren't for you.....but that's something you need to decide preferably before getting one and not after. Best of luck to you.

13. Hells Bells

Hells Bells Top Dog

Well it's hard to not get a little hurt when people you don't know tell you you never deserve to own a dog that you dream about. And I do understand every bit of what they are saying. But no one is reading what I'm saying, thats how I feel. And thats why I keep trying to get this topic back on track because I thought it would be a good resource for me and others to see dogs of different blood.

14. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

I hope my post do not hurt your feelings HB. I try to discourege anyone who wants gamedogs. i try to keep it in the family understand.it is the only way it will work you got a few years you will figger it out.

15. jumper3202

jumper3202 Big Dog

There really not tryin to be rude or nothing but trust me just take the info in that there giving you because its not nething personal to you but there being truthful and sometimes the truth hurts. Be all ears and listen and learn and take your time these guys will help you out in all areas and help you decide if you want a true bred gamedog that you can bet your bottom dollar a true bred gamedog will ne way different than the animal you already have... A true APBT is more than handful to own you have to be prepared for all kinds of things when thinking about owning a gamedog...thanks and good luck....

16. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

heres a problem im dealing with right now w/ my 2 6 month old pups i bought this winter....theyre chewing through and tearing apart the kennel i aquired to contain them in. they grab the chainlink and pull and chew until theyre free...i knew chains and stakes would eventually be required, but i was hopin not yet! they are so people friendly that anyone could pull up and take them off the chain...bye bye pup:mad:. containment is always a problem...sweetest pups w/ a never quit until the job is done attitude. are ya ready for that? i had a buddy whos dog jumped through windows on multiple occasions simply because there was a cat or squirrel in HIS yard. that got pricey fast! i believe this is the most noble of all breeds, but like i said, they are not for everyone.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2009
  17. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

heres the kennel wreckers...the front one "tommi"gun(Jeep,Redboy,Rascal) and the demon in back ha, emily "rose"(Jeep,Redboy,Frisco). i believe their peds are up, check em out HB

Attached Files:

18. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

Hmmmmm..If I may say my opinion, I would if I were you stick with show and go dog. A Game dog is a whole different beast. I will tip toe lightly as I say this. What your focus and a game dogs focus might be two different things. I learned that this past weekend. That obedience weight pull all of that is good but if I were you I would stick to more of a watered down version of these dogs.;)

19. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

20. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

only when im outside doin yard work.(around the kennel) try picking up sticks and all they wanna do is take em and play fetch. it becomes a matter of recollecting my pile. when im not outside theyre on chains... dont worry, i know what they are capable of. they are pups who do have their moments though. eventually it will be a matter of complete seperation. i merely wanted to show the damage ive repaired in the corner of the kennel. bottom right